gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 05, 2024, 07:23:27 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  p=4 , s=0 , spm=5056
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: p=4 , s=0 , spm=5056  (Read 2738 times)

matt p

p=4 , s=0 , spm=5056
« on: June 24, 2006, 03:38:41 am »
I am having problems searching for things.  I have a primary connection but no secondary connection.  the top is p=4, s=0, spm=5056.  I have tired to look at other people's problems and their solutions but it just didn't work for me.  I am using windows xp, both tcp and udp are set up as 6699 and 6257.  I have a motorola sb5120 cable modem. when i tried to forward my ports I could not find my modem in the list.  Can anyone help me get the secondary numbers?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: p=4 , s=0 , spm=5056
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 05:16:41 am »
Modems do not need forwarding. Only routers do. It can take some time for secondaries to get connected to you, at most an hour, depending on various factors. Do you get any search results? Do your uploads and downloads start? Do you have the latest www.winmxgroup.com patch?
It must be an issue with firewalls. If you have any other firewall other than XP, then allow winmx in that and PLEASE be sure to close the XP firewall.
Then things should be fine I think.
Do tell what happened

Cheers :)
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

matt p

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 05:07:35 pm »
Yesterday when I would try to search it didn't come back with anything, but today it comes up with some songs.  I try to download them but it always comes back as a file error.  It looks like this:  File Error > (5) "Access to file.  Incomplete".  When you say to turn off the xp firewall do you mean just the windows firewall?  I turned off the windows firewall and it still didn't let me download anything.  I have downloaded the latest version of the patch and I still have a problem with it.  

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 10:21:03 pm »
Quote from: GhostShip
File error (5) The file you are trying to download is not available because someone has moved or deleted  it during your download .

It might be worth your while coming down to the help chatroom where someone will be able to discuss the problem & check things are working.

If you get no channel list, it would suggest a problem with UDP port, however if you don't you can still get to the room by hitting the chat button, dismissing the warning & pasting
WinMxWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD50D3D
in the space next to the filter button on the channel list page & hitting "Join"

Meanwhile I would not recommend running with no firewall & advise you turn the XP firewall back on & follow the instructions to set it up up on this page https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html just click on
Microsoft Windows XP Firewall   OR
Microsft Windows XP Firewall SP2

according to which you have.

Also if you use Norton AV 2005 or later this page is worth a look, your problem might be there
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/norton_2005.html

* Bearded Blunder slaps samseesam upside the head for telling people to turn firewalls off...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 10:51:52 pm »
LOL in Sams defense
If you have any other firewall other than XP, then allow winmx in that and PLEASE be sure to close the XP firewall.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 03:22:00 am »
:oops:
* Bearded Blunder ish tiredish
Even so, given it's habit of renabling, setting it first, then shutting off to rely on something else may be prudent.
* Bearded Blunder unslaps him

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 09:31:17 am »
* Bearded Blunder slaps samseesam upside the head for telling people to turn firewalls off...

:lol: Here's what I said:
It must be an issue with firewalls. If you have any other firewall other than XP, then allow winmx in that and PLEASE be sure to close the XP firewall.

That is an If you have any other firewalls .....
Patch link :

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 09:32:36 am »
Whoops... didn't read me here's post   :oops:
Patch link :

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 10:37:49 am »
Ok now i am confused.. lol

If you have other firewalls you dont have to use the one for XP, its does have a habit of enabling itself so here is what to do.

If you have norton, Zone Alarm or some other firewall Allow WinMx in that. If you dont have another firewall we DO NOT want you to turn the XP one off. (hard to see but we all agree on that..giggles)
Once this is done either check the XP firewall is configured or off.

*/me re-reads to see if this is even worser....

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 05:41:47 pm »
Even so, given it's habit of renabling, setting it first, then shutting off to rely on something else may be prudent.
* Bearded Blunder unslaps him
You did see you got unslapped samseesam?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  p=4 , s=0 , spm=5056

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx