gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 01:46:04 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  finally we have the truth
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: finally we have the truth  (Read 2439 times)

bughunter

finally we have the truth
« on: August 01, 2006, 05:27:32 am »
well it seems we finally have the truth from pie
http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=44925#44925
having read all of this posting im not sure what to say, which for me is something new...........
at least now we have a full confession from pie as to how bad and the extent of the lie, that has been pie for the last 10 months or so..........
i do applaude nobby for his courage.........i just wonder for how long,before he is subjected to the pie censorship machine..........
i dont see what difference it makes now as to wether vladd is in favour of blocking or not,as its a little late , the damage has been done........
plus i find it amusing that this whole drama has been a km cant have control,that would be a disaster theme........when in fact km has done nothing but do as he said he would provide stable and reliable caches plus the only connection that protects both the network and users from riaa.........on the other hand we have pie, after reading there own confessions i dont see how pie could ever consider themselves trust worthy stewards of winmx.........well enough said now on this sorry drama.........hopefully we can move forward now and address the issue of how to we fix this mess..........but somehow i dont see a united effort to do this............because even as i type this pie are still promoting there one sided view of a fix, even thou the lie that is pie has been exposed for all to see...........
as nobby best put it and i quote.........PG2 is only just a "better than nothing" solution, it is FAR from whats needed to be effective ,. end of quote...............so if ur a pie patch user hiding behind pg2 thinking your safe, think again..................
you've got balls nobby, ill give ya that...........way better then the sacks of s**t that remain that call them selves pie................

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: finally we have the truth
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 07:18:35 am »
Having had a quick read through the subject matter and followed a few links it seems that there is a lot of hate and fear being expressed, this leads me to wonder why this should be, could it be because KM has got off his a** and sorted matters out as he promised while others sat by and now know that folks are aware of who is helping the users and who has not made any effort ?

I also read a large rambling "meeting" post, with Sabre spouting incorrect information and repeating lies he has told, I have nothing but pity for those who have to pretend that they know what they are talking about when its clear to most that they do not.

Lets be honest folks, if your position is so weak that you cannot invite others to question what your saying except a few tame friends then you have a serious credibility problem, what surprises and disappoints me constantly is the ethics behind what Sabre, Jim, Gem, Unique and others where saying, it seems they care not for how to manage the network or help users, but seek merely to attack the work of KM and make personal attacks against him.

I suggest we ignore these children until they find a way to be helpful and honest, I cannot ask anyone here to have respect for folks who give nothing to the network except hate.

21:17:55] <Sabre'> Even I abused my control of a few peer caches when Rock came with threats.
[21:18:13] <Sabre'> I upped the game of poker he was playing from 1 peer cache to 4.
[21:18:29] <Sabre'> Was it wrong to do that, probably.

Try definitely Sabre, its a major worry that the entire pie patch effort relies soley on one peer cache Sabre operates, breaking all promises they made to the community.

KM

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 07:30:32 am »
well, for once LG was right about something... at least partly

KM is laughing hysterically, and taking advantage of this childish arguing BS ...
had it never been made public, KM would still be in the plotting stage of his next move
actually i've been laughing about it since i noticed the little "mxpie is mine, go to mxpie.com... no, it's mine, mxpie.info... no mine... no, mine"

so much for their "but winmxgroup is just KM and we are a huge democratic group"... or "pie is vladds" as it is also known, anyone disagrees with vladd then they are gone, vladd has final say about everything pie... the only difference between the 2 is that at least I have a clue what i'm doing and vladd just goes by "KM said this, so I say the opposite" or sometimes "Well that may be best, but this makes me more money so i'm doing this"

btw, anyone wondering, according to pie gemini and jim's website is the official pie site, not vladds... the update bar in the hosts file they are giving out (under sabres control) is directing users to .info, which is gemini's site, and not to .com (vladds)... vladd doesn't even have an update bar now ;-)

personally though i preferred knobbys post here, much better than the "pie are having arguments with themselves" posts...

btw ghost, stop posting while i'm in the middle of writing a reply, at least wait until i have finished ;-)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:52:14 am »
Yes I noticed the two sites, the best thing to do would be to create a new site and name for themselve I think as this is not really fair on winmx users.

I dont find this episode at all funny, this sort of dirty washing should have been sorted amongst themselves.

bughunter

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 08:23:03 am »
no its not funny is it quicks...........thou in one respect at least we al know the lie that is pie...............
and i cringe at the thought that certain people in pie were quiet happy to see users at each others throats, the network torn apart all to suit there purpose.........which was km cant have this toy and if he does we dont want to play any more.............

km said........

personally though i preferred knobbys post here, much better than the "pie are having arguments with themselves" posts...

reading nobbys post from that link is sad,that they knew all along and did and said nothing.............
at least nobby has had the courage to say what we at winmxworld knew to be fact, and for that he has our respect, for whats its worth.....

hopefully now someone at pie wil at least talk to either km or quicks and we all try to fix this mess.............
as me_here posted riaa have been joined in there campaign by another flooder.............
donot under estimate how far riaa will go in this fight..........
guess the only question left is are pie ready to help ...........
or do they want to remain part of the problem instead of being part of the solution.................

ilkim

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 10:27:45 pm »
mike
I return after a 6 mth holl and your still fighting,
you are all clever and thanks to you we have winmx  alive and running,
BUT PLEASE stop fighting with each other

KM

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 04:17:48 am »
there is no fighting, we are just laughing at their stupidity still :-)

there is even a post on their forum from one of the admins pointing out the fact that pie have refused to address important issues and the only solution is the winmxgroup patch... only knobby posting them so far, but it's a start, lol

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=44933#44933 I wasn't sure if he was going to get censored or not for that one, but i guess they decided not to start censoring their own like they do with others

bughunter

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 05:47:40 am »
were fighting for winmx and its future.............but the fight is now over..........as pie have finally admitted there mistake................
so as km posted were laughing at pie and applauding nobby for his courage................

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 09:08:37 am »
Its not courage, i have simply been manovered into a positon where by i cant stand by and watch users leave and i have no other options to solve their problem, this is not a laughing matter, just imagine the senario, should something bad happen to km, it wont be a whole lot of time before his solution grinds to a halt, and what will users be left with? Pie, who currently have no solution to this problem, the users are on a looser wilst all our eggs are in one basket, competition and multiple viable connection methods are the way forward, i have highlighted the recent examples to Pie in an attempt to ahieve at least some kind of reaction from them to this, as this sort of issue will continue to be a problem for them.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 10:25:16 am »
Nobbys point is valid and one we have discussed many times, KM has I hope made clear his views on the matter here , namely that he wants the network operating as well as it can and we all share the frustration of watching users leave as Nobby mentioned, merely asking folks to join the network is not enough to keep our growth going as rapidly as it has been, you all know the old adage about only getting out what you put in.

Whilst it would be easy to take pot shots at those who we are angry with we need to keep focused on the networks survival and growth and how best the users can be helped to achieve their needs, I personally believe KMs anti fake patch is the one I asked for a very long time ago on vladds forum, KM was not put off, he kept at it and finally made the breakthrough that many claimed was not possible.

From idea to delivery has been over a year, does this sound like he is not interested in the future ?

That's just one story, Nobby made numerous efforts way before the crash, to keep people informed with up to the minute tips to beat the flooders along with us here, once again we are both still here and looking forward, the point is this folks, we all have ideas for the future and as Nobby mentioned many roads to the same location is common sense, If anyone has any ideas or programming skill to aid Nobbys plan to offer another solution then please post or PM him, sitting idle is never going to get us the best options and diversity of solutions is no threat to anyone here, we only want the best for winmx users and KM is providing that right now, but there is always the possibility of disaster and while its a low probability its always prudent to allow for it, moving forward together with a blocking policy is the most robust and sensible option, laying as it does a foundation on which progress can be achieved in meeting the needs of the networks users.

bughunter

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 11:43:22 am »
no its not funny nobby its a sad situation..........but still credit where credit is due..............you have at least forced pie to take a long deep look at where there going.............
totally agree about multiple viable connection methods...............just right here right now only km is providing this.............
and yes im fully aware that for reasions that are obvious some folks wont be to happy about installing programmes written by km.........and i can understand that.........but winmx has to be put first.........riaa have to be removed........so the question is and perhaps you can provide a answer as to how we reach the pie users who are not blocking and so are assisting riaa.............and in the mean time those of pie that want a future can perhaps co-ordinate with km and quicks about finding a fix for pie or at least looking at possible alternative methods...............
as pie currently stands its as useless as tits on a bull and as you rightly pointed out pg2 only provides a slightly better option then no blocking at all.........
i dont know if sabre is prepared to use the update bar to send some form of message............
i appreciate that within pie you seem to be a lone voice...........what you have posted on the vladd44 forum is absolutely true and ppl just have to accept that.........sticking ya head in the sand and pretending things are all rosey will help no one in the long run except riaa..........
so heres hoping that we can all move forward from here and do something for a network that we all obviously care about..........
despite our personnal differences nobby i respect you for taking the stand that you have and the obvious fallout with friends and associates this has caused...........sometimes doing the right thing is the most painfull choice we have to make...............

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  finally we have the truth

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx