gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:57:18 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  WRO3
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WRO3  (Read 2428 times)

Mx Rules

WRO3
« on: August 27, 2006, 06:31:30 pm »
hi all, i have a little info u may find interesting, i was in a room the other day and saw a few people talking about a new reconnection method called   Winmx Reconnection Option 3,  i was told to keep quiet as it was not public knowledge of yet, but i believe that winmx users have a right to know.

http://freewebs.com/tech87/

i dont see why we need another connection method  the dll works great  and i feel that what they are attempting may be in vein. 

[edit by admin]link disabled, see below in thread[/edit]

Faithless_Sniper

Re: WRO3
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 07:11:11 pm »
Even thow i am happy using the WinMX World Patch i would like to see what this WR03 is going to be like. Thank you Mx Rules for the post more than likely one of us will attempt to look into the matter.

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 07:24:55 pm »
It's seems to be the work of tech87 who tried to release a joke virus or a real virus months ago on a couple of winmx help sites.
I wouldn't trust him.

Read about it here CricketMX & here.

He also tried to upload it to vladd44's forum but someone on his forum delete Tech87's post & my warning post reply to it.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 08:51:50 pm »
Indeed tech 87 is the name used by {MXC} Michael and I warn anyone against using anything he has made that has not been checked by myself.

I urge all users to exercise caution when obtaining programs from the net to work with winmx, the harding virus (more a simple non tech program) created by Michael above is merely a backdoor program and any decent firewall will stop it working so keep an eye on such things, always scan all items you get and keep a decent firewall on for simple ones like this that fly under the radar.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 02:32:32 am »
So this is a virus???   To think I almost downloaded it.

KM

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 02:34:29 am »
* KM wonders if he was the only person who didn't actually see any download link to download anything

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 02:36:33 am »
* Omega thinks KM got dumb.

Scroll down!! lol

KM

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 02:40:05 am »
Code: [Select]
<a href="">Winmx Reconnection Option 3</a>
i see where a link would go, but i see no link...

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 05:56:43 am »
Download link didn't work for me either.

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 08:26:09 am »
The links is not supposed to work i do not think as it is still in development. I think i will stay with DLL Patch with someone i know i can trust.

{MXC}_michael

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 06:03:32 am »
can a admin remove this post please :D

KM

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 06:11:04 am »
any reason? other than to try and remove the fact you are probably trying to scare people in to downloading a trojan "save winmx, infect your system with this" so you can have another try later?

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 10:31:53 am »
lol come on KM dont be that harsh. I too think this post needs Locking

KM

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 10:58:43 am »
locking perhaps, although then he can't reply saying why he wanted it deleted...

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 01:51:35 pm »
I would like the post deleting due to the fact that the user who posted it wanted to tell us there was somwthing else out there and now its turned into a slanging post come on KM surely you have time to hit the delete button or Lock button. If i have the privilages then i would do it myself.

KM

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 02:22:48 pm »
well if you must know, the original post was made via a proxy (i assume by michael - an insult to all Michael's in the world to use that as your username for such activities) apparently to cause a problem, the link was disabled so it is no longer an issue and there is no reason to delete the thread, however i will lock it as he is apprently not going to reply (to avoid further problems)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  WRO3

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx