gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:36:48 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  another great idea from easy!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: another great idea from easy!!!  (Read 1769 times)

Easy_MxMoney

another great idea from easy!!!
« on: September 02, 2006, 03:53:03 pm »
i think it would help get rid of "leeches" if in the program, their was no option to unshare the incoming files folder, cause i really hate it when i share something with someone and they dont share it. that is rude and is in my opinion against the philosophy of file sharing. i understand that some peopel dl xxx films, but that was a great addition to 3.54 that i can individually unshare a file, as to not offend anyone in a chat room i may be in

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: another great idea from easy!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 06:15:54 pm »
Wel, no one has the source code for winmx. So you can't really make any modifications like that.
But of course, you can use Mxmoniter, that can allow you to block people with less than a certain number of files to be automaticially cut off.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 06:35:05 pm »
3.54 does nag you every time you start it if you have an empty library (although not if you unshare)

i think the best way to get rid of leeches is if they have an incentive to share files - which basically means discriminating against those that don't (for example a lot of users auto ignoring) - unfortunately the side effect with doing that too much (for example putting it in to the winmxgroup patch or some extra program bundled with the installer or whatever) is that it would also discriminate against new users

trying to block leeches without causing problems for new users is the biggest problem

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 07:45:04 pm »
Yeah, nobody can ever write a program that can effectively be used to differentiate between new users and leeches :( [Of course this is my opinion]
You can't always get good all the time...  Best block leeches but keep clearing the ignore list...

Patch link :

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 04:26:03 am »
I think even new users have something to share. I've been on mx for a while now and I have downloaded lots of music, vids, and some programs. But I would say at least 1/3 of my music files, programs, and pics are files that I got from web sources, ripped cds, or ripped program discs. Even when I first started downloading I had what should be considered more than enough to share.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Fun Guest

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 05:37:31 am »
I'm no programmer, but wouldn't it be possible using some kind of "free trial" script? Users could have 30 days to download and share files, and if they fail to share any files within that time period, their permission to download could be revoked.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 06:11:00 am »
Problem: no one has the source code of winmx...
Problem 2: you think that a bunch of halfwit cheaters are worth that?
I mean there are loads of users who dont' share as they are scared to do so or like I was, when I started out with winmx, have no files to share in the first place?

Patch link :

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 10:04:26 am »
when i got a new pc, it was empty, so i d/l some free progs off net and had files to start with, some ppl are on here yrs n still show 0 files

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

KM

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 04:24:02 pm »
because that would work so well, their client sends out "i'm allowed to leech" and you let them, their client sends out "i'm not allowed to leech" and you don't... i'm sure that would work extremely well and we can really rely on the same people who currently fake their statuses to pretend they are sharing when they aren't to suddenly start sending out the real status as a leech

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  another great idea from easy!!!

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx