gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 14, 2024, 09:57:33 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Timed out D/L'ing & U/L'ing for over a week now
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Timed out D/L'ing & U/L'ing for over a week now  (Read 1744 times)

Steve

Timed out D/L'ing & U/L'ing for over a week now
« on: September 02, 2006, 09:48:57 pm »
I have been getting timed out D/L'ing & U/L'ing for over a week now. THe ONLY change I can think of is opening an AVI file titled "National Lampoon's Vacation"  It opened, but only after several attempts and ONLY after waiting 45 seconds for it to play.  I got suspicious and opened up Peerguardian2 and tried the file again.  As soon as I tried to play the National Lampoon movie, PeerGuardian went crazy blocking sites that were trying to HTTP me and scan my discs.  When I re-booted and opened PeerGuardian again, everything was OK, until I tried to play the file again.  Could it be that the RIAA has put a TROJAN out there that writes someting to your Registry?  I am currently trying to figure out what has happened, but like I said - WinMX was working great right up until then and I run it on a dedicated computer where nothing else was changed or used.....Hmmmmm......makes me wonder.  Any ideas out there?  Anyone else have the same problem?

Steve

Re: Timed out D/L'ing & U/L'ing for over a week now
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:01:12 pm »
By the way, I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing and even tried using a different version. Like I said, dedicated computer and no changes. Unfortunately, I had no Registry backup   :cry:

bughunter

Re: Timed out D/L'ing & U/L'ing for over a week now
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 10:30:14 pm »
you havent said whether you have run anti virus trojan / worm scans..........if not do so...........
also from the command prompt accessed thru start run type sfc /scannow.............this will scan all windows file systems and will see if any of windows files have been altered,,,you will also need your operating system install disk to repair any altered files.............
kinda sounds like you have a big fat trojon or worm,wether its riaas or just some assholes its hard to know...
you may like to use online scans as most trojans / worms disable av scanners even firewalls
http://scan.sygate.com/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-20,GGLG:en&q=online+anti+virus+scans
those links should help you.......
note some online av scanners report winmx as a trojon its safe to ignore this warning...............seems some av companies have been pistal whipped by riaa to including p2p programmes or others simply see the fact that winmx acts as a server so try to disable it.......
let us know how ya get on .....................

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Timed out D/L'ing & U/L'ing for over a week now

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.007 seconds with 18 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx