gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 09:50:08 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Wondering about History...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Wondering about History...  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Sophosaurus

• Forum Member
  • <see - i'm the witty comment>
    • Online-Magazin Tagesgespraech.EU
Wondering about History...
« on: September 04, 2006, 11:32:42 pm »
I've been offline for about one year. Some weeks ago, i noticed WinMX Network was shut down last Sept. and rebuild by some users a few days later. I spent some time reading threads in a lot of forums and what i found leads me to the question: Who is Vladd?

The earliest Posting offering something like a Host-File-Patcher i found here:
http://peerevolution.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-5147.html
Someone calling himself A-v-S posted on 09-24-2005, 10:02 AM as follows:

There are new host caches online
 I wrote a program to patch the hosts file
and get connected again

So on Friday the 23d of September there have been Peer-Caches up and running.

By this time noone on Vladds Forum did know anything about. Vladd himself posted on Sep 24, 2005 12:43 pm there'd be a solution on his Site. Nearly noone took much notice which looks rather strange to me. Until now you can find postings right after his claiming WinMX would be dead forever. However...

I found another early Posting from Friday 23rd September 2005 stating Peer-Caches were running and could be connected via HOST-File:

http://www.p2pnet.net/story/6350?PHPSESSID=e7a85151817622a29deadba81f6a3cfd#comments

So i'd like to know who owned following Ip: 82.195.155.5
which was used by the oldest HOST-File-Patcher i found

http://hrb.nukysrealm.net/p2p/download.php?list.2

WinMXHost Patcher Source Code  24 Sep : 15:33  Andre  22.88 kb,  WinMXHost Patcher Source Code , Author Andre, Author email Andre.at.il.fontys.nl

Can anyone give some facts in short?
still somehow freightened when i shall get inserted

KM

Re: Wondering about History...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 02:24:39 am »
82.195.155.5 was previously known as "ireland.winmxgroup.com" (actually reverse DNS lookups still return that - although the server has recently been cancelled) although of course during the time frame you are referring to it was using a different hostname (as the domain name wasn't registered until a few days later, i believe it was under winmxsupportgroup.com at the time)

there was a cache functioning on that IP Address within about an hour of me going to use winmx and finding out about the minor connectivity issue - although i ran the cache from my computer to connect myself, i then shortly after put it on there to let a couple of other people use it to connect

it wasn't made public straight away however - i mistakenly thought that there would be no way to get enough users to stay on to make it workable so only gave the cache details to a small number of people to use so they could get back on to see a few people as the network was collapsing

eventually however it was made public, and the number of users who started using it to reconnect did in fact make me change my mind about winmx being dead... and the rest, well i'm sure you know that

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Wondering about History...
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 05:10:39 am »
On 23rd of September 2005, Winmx's owners got a cease and desist letter from the RIAA who were threatening to file a lawsuit against them for copyright infringement which some users used to do in winmx...
So winmx went down... Then some of the winmx community got together and made their own peer caches so that the users could connect again... These caches were set up by KM... (The guy who posted before me) He still continues to be the major cache operator, with his caches in I believe in UK, Germany, Ireland, and ..... His caches are the most reliable ones. Two other people, Sabre and Rock also have peer caches...
Two sites gave two patches... a pie patch from mxpie.com (not long ago a part and supporter of vladd4.com) Km made the patches for winmx world and still continues to do so.. The patch he makes uses a dll to modify the host names that winmx looks up to connect. He it is also called as the dll patch
The pie patch, modifies a system file called 'host' so that it directly looks for the Ip's .... Hence then name the host file patch..

Just a few months ago, winmxworld released a patch made by Km  enables to filter  the fake files that were up till now used to greatly disrupt the winmx traffic and network... The patch can also forward ports automatically in most NAT compatible routers, so that you need not do it manually, It can also generate a very fast channel list. The pie patch does not have any of the above mentioned features....
The pie patch also allows flooders to connect to you if you are on a primary connection and generates a huge number of fake results every time you happen to search for something....
It makes heavy CPU utilisation almost 90 % in many cases and thus slows the computer terribly.....
Hence it is almost redundant and outdated as compared to the much more reliable and stable winmxworld patch

I must also add this: Many sites have also come up claiming to sell winmx for money... that is a complete rip off. Winmx was, is and will forever be free... Never will this site ever charge money for winmx... Winmx can be downloaded for free from here :
www.winmxgroup.com.
Please be beware of such scamming sites and also create awareness of the same...

Vlad is owner if www.vladd44.com. He was also a supported of the pie patch. His forum censors heavily... They delete all references to KM's patch and his site. They delete all posts showing him in good light. You may see that for yourself in his forum... they have falsely accused him of harming the network, flooding... and what not... There has never been provided even a shred f evidence in any such matters... Also note, that in all allegations that are made in this site, any accusations, ... anything, there is always a screenshot attached with the post or some link... or something
Such activity is never carried out in winmxworld.. . You can post here and still see your posts years later....
Please tell me if I have missed any point or have told something wrong...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Wondering about History...

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx