gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 04:21:42 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  People still reporting "hello" as a problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: People still reporting "hello" as a problem  (Read 1990 times)

KM

People still reporting "hello" as a problem
« on: September 07, 2006, 06:58:48 am »
it would seem that there are a lot of people who read "Report to moderator" as "post a reply" and read "THIS IS TO REPORT PROBLEMS ONLY, YOUR MESSAGE HERE WILL NOT BE POSTED ON THE FORUM THIS IS NOT HOW YOU REPLY TO A POST, CLICK REPLY FOR THAT" as "please use this to reply with your questions"

Use this function to inform the moderators and administrators of an abusive or wrongly posted message.
Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this.

THIS IS TO REPORT PROBLEMS ONLY, YOUR MESSAGE HERE WILL NOT BE POSTED ON THE FORUM
THIS IS NOT HOW YOU REPLY TO A POST, CLICK REPLY FOR THAT

"HELLO" IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH A POST, AND WILL GET YOU BANNED FOR ABUSING THE PROBLEM REPORTING SYSTEM

"I NEED HELP" IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH A POST, AND WILL GET YOU BANNED FOR ABUSING THE PROBLEM REPORTING SYSTEM

ANYTHING APART FROM "THIS POST NEEDS EDITING/DELETING BECAUSE..." IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH A POST, AND WILL GET YOU BANNED FOR ABUSING THE PROBLEM REPORTING SYSTEM

do you think they will read this as "please keep sending all of us emails saying 'hello' or 'it doesn't work' that we can not and will not reply to"? any suggestions for an even better way to word it so people stop filling my inbox with "problem reports" reporting a post as "hello" or "What about QuickMX? Has it been fixed?" as i got this morning from an unknown user with no contact details clearly not wanting to post on the forum as they read "THIS IS NOT HOW YOU REPLY TO A POST" and used that "not reply" feature to annoy every single admin on the forum instead

and for the record, although i don't plan on banning everyone straight away it's just to make them stop and think before spamming me - however if they still keep spamming my inbox with rubbish then i am going to have no choice but to ban the lot of them with a ban reason of "if you cant read there is no point you being here, as this is a website full of text"

any suggestions on anything even more obvious than large bold capitol letters telling them not to spam us?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: People still reporting "hello" as a problem
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 07:19:59 am »
font size 72 ;)

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 12:47:15 pm »
gets out ruler
yep definately font size 72  :D

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

KM

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 02:42:46 pm »
it would appear that font size 72 was needed, because some people STILL can't read even that message

I have now banned a user for doing it - how stupid are some people?

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 03:43:35 pm »
how long is a peice of string some people will be as stupid as you let them be lol.

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 04:12:48 am »
Do users need to register before they can report?
Maybe the important bits should be coloured with red, that way they can't miss it.

THIS IS TO REPORT PROBLEMS ONLY, YOUR MESSAGE HERE WILL NOT BE POSTED ON THE FORUM THIS IS NOT HOW YOU REPLY TO A POST, CLICK REPLY FOR THAT

where the bold text is the text marked as red. maybe you should use larger font for that too.

Edit:

I just had a look at the report page, and well, I think that an average idiot wouldn't read the text on the page anyway (not that I am an idiot). Maybe we should add some useless dialog boxes to the form, so that idiot users will eventually think "hmm maybe this isn't the right place to say hello?" You only need to fill in the 1 text box, then send if I'm not wrong. Maybe adding something else to the page could get the user's attention.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 10:15:15 am »
Hello

jk  :lol: :lol: :P
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 03:35:07 pm »
i looked for dayglow bright green in font 112 for KM to use but cant find it

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 02:33:09 am »
could try, if your realy stupid and post here your puta will melt and your fingers will drop off .........but then i guess they will still figure they got toes left to type with so what the hell  :P

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  People still reporting "hello" as a problem

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx