gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 07:10:36 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MXMonitor does everything BUT start trades
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MXMonitor does everything BUT start trades  (Read 8077 times)

pimquot

MXMonitor does everything BUT start trades
« on: September 17, 2006, 02:13:43 am »
Just what the subject line says.  It does everything BUT.  It starts up normally.  It starts WinMX normally.  It cancels/ignores zero-sharers and those who queue too many etc etc etc.  Just like it is configured to do.  But when I'm in someone's queue, and they are in mine, nothign.  HOWEVER, if I start the other person manually - and they start me back - THEN MXMoni sees it as a trade in the transfer tab.  But only if I start it manually.

I'm using MXM 1.28Eb.  I had this problem on WinMX 3.54beta so I uninstalled it and installed WinMX 3.53 and still having the problem.

Help?

Offline X

• Forum Member
Re: MXMonitor does everything BUT start trades
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 03:54:26 am »
for mxmoni to see it as a trade, the person u are downloading from has to start u, then mxmon will start him if he is in your que...and vise versa

pimquot

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 04:14:59 am »
for mxmoni to see it as a trade, the person u are downloading from has to start u, then mxmon will start him if he is in your que...and vise versa

The way MXM has worked for me before is:

If we are in eachothers queue - MXM starts THEM first.  Then they have (#) seconds to start me back, before MXM cancels them. 

The problem now is that MXM does not start them.  In fact, it doesn't start them even if they start me first.

pimquot

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 05:17:46 am »
IT WORKS NOW

I unchecked the "Limit the number of simultaneous uploading..." box in MXM, and poof, now it works.  Huh. 

Anyone else having a problem?  try that. 

Goodluck.

Offline Mytheroo

• Forum Member
  • Wanna lick?
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 10:32:06 pm »
your winmx settings have a certain number of upload slots set (for instance 2). Your MxM setting that you mention above must be set to a higher number (for instance 6).   If you set it like this you then have 4 slots open for MxM transfers, be it trades or auto-starts. Unchecking the box gives you (infinity-[winmx upload slots])   MxM upload slots which = infinity MxM slots.  Try setting winmx to 2 and MxM to something higher and see if it still works. You should also try to give at least 5kB/s to each user, so if you have 30kB/s upload speed then u can have 6 total slots.
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline onjolay

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 03:52:17 am »
No one can upload from me. They all time out. What do I do to fix this?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 04:30:08 am »
nearly always by visiting www.portforward.com, finding your modem or router on the list, & then following the excellent guide for winmx
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 12:18:18 pm »
even tho mxm is a great tool to help u out with uploading to others i think it has a reall downside to...

autoupload by name or tag is great and i use it for that purpose only....i am not into the trade thing...specialy the canceling part when your download isnt started within a certain amount of time really gets my goose....not everyone runs mxmoni or sits at pc 24/7  people are in different time zones so u simply can not expect your dl to start immediatly... i always thought it was about SHARING on winmx....the files are free so why now make it a trading post ?  my personal feelings are that when installing mxm u should keep your hands of the trading part in the installation....

share with everyone as most of them share with u as well.....

Alice ;)
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline Razordmx

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 05:08:39 pm »
i have the same problem with the monitor... i tried the advise from pimquot
and vupti my monitor start working and counts down...ty

lofty

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 02:26:28 pm »
hi.i get connected when browsing but my transfers will not start.can you helpim running w98 on talktalk bb.didnt have any bother till last fri.everything was fine .tried unist n reinstaling but no good.

Offline indefile

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:23:02 pm »
mxm must be able to see the username that deserves upploading in the transfers screen.
therefor your downloads may not be limited to one line with the file but have to be expanded: winmx - settings - filetransfer - v in new downloads expanded by default.
the width of the column where the usersname is sown in may not be to small either.

Offline Mytheroo

• Forum Member
  • Wanna lick?
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 03:31:23 pm »

autoupload by name or tag is great and i use it for that purpose only....i am not into the trade thing..

I would disagree, you are just into trading non-concurrently with your clan buddies only :-)
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MXMonitor does everything BUT start trades

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx