gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 05:48:41 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  trigger login
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: trigger login  (Read 2231 times)

nobody

trigger login
« on: September 17, 2006, 09:42:49 pm »
how do i trigger metris if an admin login to say adminname is an admin now ?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: trigger login
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 10:00:15 pm »
What chatserver is the room hosted on?
I'm not being funny.. but such a response depends on triggers which would be specific to the server in use
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 05:27:06 pm »
Like he said above. We would need to know what server you are using for the room, need to know what kind of powers the bot has on that server, and how the user is logged in. Since you can't see people login with WCS, it can't be done that way. But there are many ways for users to have their power set, including more secure ones. Leave the info that is needed and I'm sure someone will help you out with your problem.

nobody

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 06:32:15 pm »
im on wcs server and the bot has full power
hope you can help me

KM

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 07:53:26 pm »
WCS doesn't allow users to see logins, so you can't have a bot respond to someone else logging in

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 01:33:47 am »
For WCS I'd have admins use some non-existant command to "login" & then use the bot to both set their access (or forcelogin) & report the change of status, assuming you used the command /admin rather than /login a bot response along these lines should do the trick:
Code: [Select]
<OnOpMessage type="script">
<in>/admin password</in>
<out>/setaccess %NAME% aA... sanscrit....zZ</out>
<out>%NAME% now has admin in the chanel</out>
</OnOpMessage>
this has the DISadvantage that if your admins have watchcommands.. they can see the other admin's logins, & is therefore not perfect, & would be more secure if restricted to a usergroup in the bot.. ofc your admins would then need to be consistant with their names.  Possibly you could have the bot setting access as a response to /message or in <OnPM> (pm the password to bot, it responds by giving admin & reporting the fact) although pm isn't the most reliable way to trigger a bot, they have a habit of not sending & robo kinda sucks for them arriving

Obviously you'd use your own substitution for /login your own choice of password.. & set the access accordinfg to what powers each admin needs.. personally i use ouka, which reports logins to admins by default, & i simply have the bot repeat the report for the rest of the channel.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 03:59:49 pm »
If your bot stays connected really well then I'd suggest going the PM route. I've used it for a really long time and it never failed for me except when the wpn was having troubles. But...you can always force Robo to connect to a certain primary if you wish, such as your own if you go primary and you shouldn't have a problem with it losing a connection. Another way to easily do it, as long as your admin doesn't use something like aol. You can have it set their level by reading their IP and/or part of their hostname. Making it set their level on auto and have it display a message in the room showing that they became admin.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  trigger login

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx