gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 08, 2024, 11:23:52 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  can connect,But winmx frozen
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: can connect,But winmx frozen  (Read 2969 times)

8code8

can connect,But winmx frozen
« on: September 24, 2006, 03:43:04 pm »
  :?running xp pro , downloaded from winmxworld newest beta no more fake files, application starts and turns green,then freezes up HELP :(

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: can connect,But winmx frozen
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 03:58:07 pm »
8code8,

Try removing your incompletes from the transfers screen by clicking Clear Incompletes.. then restart the program and tell me if that helps.. if it does you may have had a fake file finding sources and freezing up your WinMX .. if not post back a bit more information about your problem and set up please...

8code8

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 05:22:26 pm »
NO, as soon as the light turns green, the application freezes

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 06:52:23 pm »
Try deleting settings.dat from your winmx program folder & restarting, this should cause it to run the setup wizard & have the side effect of removing your incompletes at the same time.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Sophosaurus

• Forum Member
  • <see - i'm the witty comment>
    • Online-Magazin Tagesgespraech.EU
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 06:53:58 pm »
Please post some specs like ram-size, graphics-card, board or cpu, because in some cases freezing can be caused by hardware. Some ATi-Cards (i. e. all-in-wonder and similar) are known to be critical. Freezing of p2p-apps also can be related to faulty System-Memory (sometimes indicating dirt in memory-slots or even modules incoorect mounted). P2P-Apps can crash or freeze on Systems that won't freeze or crash under other circumstances.

To remove incomplete files (if you have any) for testing purposes, you can either run WinMX without connecting (just stop connection attempt and switch to transfer-window without being connected), or move those files from incoming folder temporarily to another folder (you can move them back later to keep what you've already got).

I'd also try to connect Secondary if you were Primary or vice versa.
still somehow freightened when i shall get inserted

8code8

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 06:21:30 am »
Ok   cpu  866   Ram 512    video card   radeon 7000 /Radon VE , at one time I had win mx   3.30  with  the patch from Valadds site ,and It all worked great for awile and then I had trouble with the patch working could not connect yellow yellow , yellow, then I unisalled winmx and the patch every way I could think of,and then I found your site, like a beacon in the dark, YES YES YES my beloved win mx would function again...  , install the new patch from your site with win mx and installed the program and BANG!!!!!!!!! GREEEN GREEN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!! All is not lost, I would have MY winmx back again, And the winmx FROZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FCK  FCK FCK  And  I intalled and re installed  and the app is frozen  !!!   I am in serious withdrawl from win mx a gift from the Gods,HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. Thank You 8code8

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 06:54:45 am »
Do one thing:
Go to the incompletes folder and delete all the incomplete files whose size is less that 100kb....

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

8code8

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 03:29:08 am »
Can't find incompletes folder, searched computer for file, can't find this- Help?,but reinstalled newest win mx from this site, and moved arround the connection secondary, steller  up loads moved it to all direct, FreezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzE, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 04:22:22 am »
Open winmx..... don't allow it to connect, immediately hit the disconnect button. Then go to the transfers window and click on "Open Incoming Files folder"

Alternatively, search for this in your computer:

__INCOMPLETE___

Go to the folder where the result files are located and delete all files under 100KB.... (There should be only one folder where the files are located.... If there is mroe than one..... make sure that the folder IS NOT a system folder..... Never delete files from a system folder)

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  can connect,But winmx frozen

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx