gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76785 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 23, 2024, 02:26:22 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MS Finally Release IE7 Browser
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MS Finally Release IE7 Browser  (Read 825 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
MS Finally Release IE7 Browser
« on: October 19, 2006, 06:46:28 pm »
I see they think they have fixed all the bugs at last, wonder how long that will last.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6066650.stm

Microsoft has made Internet Explorer 7 (IE 7) available to the general public.
The new version is the first upgrade to the web browsing program for more than five years.

New features include tabbed browsing, the ability to search the net directly and an anti-fraud system to thwart phishing attacks.
The new program is available as a free download on 19 October, but many will get it as an automatic update to Windows XP in November.

On the day IE 7 was released, a trial version of Version 2.0 of Firefox was also put online for downloading. The finished version is due to be released in the next couple of weeks.

Hmm the usual "hey what a good program this is" jive ..lol

Heres the reason I wont be bothering with it, whats not being mentioned is the WGA trojan thats been built into the browser, I dont wish to have microsoft leave a backdoor open in my machine for others to exploit, would be polite of them to mention it but hey what do I expect huh ?

KM

Re: MS Finally Release IE7 Browser
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 07:17:16 pm »
but many will get it as an automatic update to Windows XP in November.

so get read for the flood of "my winmx has started crashing" posts on here from users who haven't updated to 3.0

I knew that getting that issue resolved before any auto update was announced would pay off, users have had plenty of time to upgrade by now

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 07:26:04 pm »
i wish they would release a standalone version of it so i can test its supposed 'improved' CSS 'compliance' (since IE7 isnt available for win2k) :/  ... would also be nice if they would put the rendering engine improvements into an IE6 update... (that ones not gonna happen either.. i know..)

ahh well... theres always firefox ;)

KM

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 01:26:12 am »
"improvements"? it has just as many problems with CSS as IE6, however the difference being now some stuff IE6 does properly and IE7 does wrong, some stuff IE7 does wrong and IE6 does correctly... and it means those using complex CSS have to add another set of conditions in the style sheets for IE7 specific options (on top of the existing IE5, IE5.5, IE6, and other)

glad i don't ever use more than very basic inline CSS...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 02:32:36 am »
....lovely....

maybe ill just include some javascript that detects IE and turns CSS off... kinda bad when a website works in netscape 2 but breaks in the 'latest' version of IE....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MS Finally Release IE7 Browser

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx