gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 10, 2024, 07:20:18 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  MinMX Will not Connect
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MinMX Will not Connect  (Read 5095 times)

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
MinMX Will not Connect
« on: October 25, 2006, 05:45:26 pm »
My MinMX Will not Connect why ? I left my WinMX on for 2 or 3 days so it can try to Connect . But it's not Connecting why ? Can anyone help me please ?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: MinMX Will not Connect
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 05:58:26 pm »
Hi brian_durant2002,

The first thing I would like you to do is remove any thing you have on the PC that is in relation to WinMX.  Delete it and lets start over.

Download the WinMX plus Patch from this page:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/

Save this to your PC.  Remove WinMX from any rules you have set in your firewalls.
Double click the file to install it, allow it to make a default installation and when its finished it will start WinMX for you,
when your firewall asks to allow it do so.

Let me know if this doesn't connect either.

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:08:59 pm »
Thanks it's working now thanks for your help .  :D

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 07:39:40 pm »
Excellant..

Happy Mxing

e hamilton

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 06:36:04 pm »
I came here for help.....and found it. thanks very very much. deadhead101

Fiona

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:38:56 pm »
I was having trouble getting WinMx to connect and tried this, it worked!   Thank you x

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 09:53:20 pm »
I love the sweet smell of happy connected mxer's in the morning,
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 12:31:34 am »
 Me too   :wink:

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 01:00:54 pm »
me 3  :lol:

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline swamper

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 02:28:16 pm »
got me back mx'sing
thankyou  :D

Scott

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 07:24:35 pm »
For some reason, my WinMX app will not connect today either.  The ;last time this happened I had to install some sort of new host or something.  Is this what is happening again or are those communicating here simply having some sort of coincidental connection problems?  i.e. does there appear to be an unusally high number of connection problems?  I'm just tryng to decide what my best course of action should be.  I am not very clean on the instructions given thus far.  ..." remove any thing you have on the PC that is in relation to WinMX" I don't have any add-ons, skins or other customizations; so I do not think this would apply.  "Download the WinMX plus Patch from this page: https://www.winmxgroup.com/"  Do I have to uninstall my copy of WinMX first and what about that "host" thing I upgraded about a year ago.  As I recall there were 2 different solution going around at that time ad I choose to update the "host" or something like that.  Also, is this  "Download the WinMX plus Patch from this page: https://www.winmxgroup.com/" the pay per service version?  Someone also provided these links:
Modified Hosts For FXS
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1241.0;id=708
WinMX Patched
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.1-MultiVer.exe

Are one of these what I want?
Thaks, in advance, for any enlightenment you can provide.  I greatly appreciate it.

KM

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 07:47:20 pm »
what pay version? the link you mentioned and asked about a pay version has nothing to do with any pay version, that's the winmxgroup site - the official site from the network operators, and everything is free...

the modified hosts file is the REASON you are having problems, and the reason you have had problems before, that was a temporary fix for a couple of days at the most, it wasn't meant to be used beyond that due to the fact that it is unable to keep up with any changes

the patch is available from www.winmxgroup.com as is the fix to get winmx connected and remove many of the stability problems in winmx - the patch is completely free, just install it and your winmx should function perfectly (and as you are now patched instead of using the temporary hosts file you should also notice a significant improvement in how quickly winmx connects, how reliable the connections are, and of course the quality of the search results - it does not include the thousands of flooded fakes)

scott

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 08:01:07 pm »
Thanks.  I was actually typing this: "OK...nevermind.  It just connected.  Thanks. apparenlty there was some sort of netwok problem...I quess." as you were posting your reply.  But, now I know why I was having connection problems. The link you provided offers these downloads: "WinMX 3.54b4 + Patch", "Various WinMX Versions + Patch" and "Patch on its own (for existing installs)" .  Would it be best for me to uninstall my WinMX and download "WinMX 3.54b4 + Patch" on just the patch.  I am using WinMX 3.53 on an OLD Win98se machine. Thanks.
 :?

KM

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 08:13:36 pm »
any will do, 3.54 is recommended due to it having some bug fixes and improvements and reinstalling winmx won't hurt, the patch only one is just provided for people who already have winmx and don't want to download the whole thing again just the patch

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 12:19:11 am »
i m actually testing a theory, the ws2_32 dll we know is the best way for our FXS to stay up, but it looks for a hosts file and fiills the log up with "hosts file not found"
so i alredy had the ws2_32 dll in the correct folder as the hosts file, but heres the sneeky bit, removed all the caches off the hosts file leaving just the localhost that everyone has,
this way im connected through the ws2_32 and the FXS finds a hosts file so it dont keep giving the not found errer,
so far its stable and no errors.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 06:59:02 pm »
just an update, i started this test this time yesterday, removed all caches from my hosts file leaving just the localhost that everyone has, the FXS finds the hosts file, so i dont get the errer "hosts not found"
and its connected through the 3rd party patch ws2_32.dll
so the best thing all the FXS users that see "hosts file not found" add a hosts file after removing the caches,
all it needs to funcion correctly is the localhost (default) because believe it or not, without the localhost ur MSN messenger wont connect.

Leah13

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 08:32:55 am »
Help! My winmx won't connect! I tired uninstalling ecerything and starting over but still no luck! Any ideas???

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 12:13:31 pm »
Download the installatin file from here and try.
Winmx in most cases connect adm then gives problems :P
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.0-3.54b4.exe

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

cbal

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 06:52:48 pm »
hi, i just got my DSL back up after about being down for a month.  While i was using dial-up during that period WinMx connected fine, just slower, but it connected.  Now it is not connecting at all and i was wondering if to follow the same advice at the top of this thread.  I also added MxMonitor to while using the dial-up was and if i have to disregard everything mx do i have to get rid of the monitor too and reinstall.

cbal

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 06:59:38 pm »
Oh i am sorry i forgot yo mention that i also have ARES and that is no longer connecting also. I contacted my internet provider and asked them to remove the firewall and it was done and still no connection, this work previously when i first got the DSL router and couldn't connect.  It seems there is no problem if i got the dial-up way, but with the DSL, it is giving me the "heebee geebees." Can i get some help please. thanks..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  MinMX Will not Connect

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx