gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 10:35:57 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Patch file fake?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Patch file fake?  (Read 3500 times)

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
Patch file fake?
« on: October 03, 2010, 01:55:10 am »
Hey all. I type in an artists name I get this file that says "Please make sure your patch is up to date" as if I'd download it from here!! Is this a fake I need to worry about?How do I get rid of it?  Thanks.    :suspious:

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: Patch file fake?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 02:10:00 am »
Hi Curriousminds

The team from Mxpie.info are no longer supporting MxPie v3.6. The team from MxPie.info now stand behind the community developed patch.

The message has been sent out to prompt users to visit a help room or forum to ensure they have the most up to date patch.

If you are using MxPie v3.6, please update. You can click on Patch at the top of this page.

I hope this information helps.

Happy winmxing!

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:22:38 pm »
Thanks!! It says I'm using community patch 1.0. Hopefully that is the current one!!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:54:49 pm »
That is the current one we offer for sure  :-D

Offline app103

• Forum Member
    • App's Apps
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 06:24:53 pm »
Is this something all users should be seeing on every search they perform or something only MxPie v3.6 users should be seeing?

The reason why I ask is because I have a number of people seeing this message that are community patch users and I am seeing it as well.

Since I don't download, I don't search either, and this had to be brought to my attention and shown to me by a user. The first user that told me about this thought it was a fake, either some virus that was trying to spread itself or an attempt by the RIAA to get him to change his patch to some RIAA sanctioned spyware.

I wasn't sure what it was and sent him to you guys to check into it, just in case.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:41:26 pm »
I havent spoken to those operating this network alert for some weeks now but I was told that some host file users are not seeing this message due to being secondary, thus the message was made visible to all users, I think if folks havent got the message by now they wont ever do so.

I,ll speak to those involved App and get this alert halted, its done its job I think.

[update]  The network messaging system is offline now and wont be back unless theres something very very important folks need to know, if in doubt about any strange messages always visit this site or one of the other community patch partners for up to date information.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Patch file fake?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx