gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 07:41:46 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  WinMx v3.54 beta 4 and Channel font options
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMx v3.54 beta 4 and Channel font options  (Read 4629 times)

tfx

WinMx v3.54 beta 4 and Channel font options
« on: October 24, 2006, 02:30:57 am »

I have, as the Subject title says, WinMx v3.54 beta 4 and I have been attempting to change the channel fonts to something other than Tahoma; however, when I go to change them (them being Dynamic Font and Normal Font) it changes the overall "look" of my WinMx, but, it does NOT change the actual font inside the channel window (where you converse with other people? Yeah, there).

Anyway, any and all assistance is greatly appreciated and thanks for your time.

Thanks again.

tfx

Re: WinMx v3.54 beta 4 and Channel font options
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 02:32:53 am »

If that information is too vague or insufficient, let me know and I'll be sure to go into more detail if need be.

Thanks again for your time.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 03:57:15 am »
To the best of my knowledge font style as it appears in the chat window is part of winmx programming and can't be changed.
I'd love to be able to use a fixed width font for ascii art. lol
PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 04:18:25 am »
there are 3 font settings if you click "Appearance" Normal, Dynamic, & Large Font, changing any of these will affect a number of things in various places according to which that part of winmx calls..

& Aussiegirl.. because it's a local setting.. changing the font used in the chat window is quite possible, but since EVERYONE ELSE (nearly) has the default one set... your ascii art will then look FANTASTIC on YOUR screen.. & a complete mess on everyone else's... um less than ideal i suspect...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 04:51:19 am »
Dynamic covers file names, your screen name and I think rooms names as well
Apearence is the text that appears in the networks window.
That's all I know so far lol

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

tfx

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 10:43:06 am »

That all gives me great information, however, mine only has Dynamic and Normal, nothing extra, no Large. I have no option that will allow me to change the Channel text/font, it remains the same (either Tahoma, or whatever the default setting is). It always states that the change won't be viewable until WinMX restarts, so I close it and reopen it--but everything remains the same--only when I change one or the other, the font style for the main window and other various text changes, except where I want it; in the window...

Not sure what else to say, and I don't know how to fix it...

By, the way, when you type in here--what's the font set at? I like it, it's small and simple, yet awesome.

KM

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 11:03:06 am »
the forum is mostly tahoma actually... although some bits are different fonts (like text areas are verdana etc)

the font for use in the chat window is Large Font, the button for that is right below normal and dynamic...

(large font also effects a few other places, like the "Ready" message on the networks page for example)

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 12:57:24 pm »
Learn something new every day. I love it.
PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

tfx

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 11:53:51 pm »

Whoa, that's wierd... I looked in my Settings area, and NOW "Change Large Font" is there... It wasn't there before, lmao. That's pretty wicked, and kinda freaky, actually.

Anyway, thanks again for everyone's help! It's much appreciated. I haven't tried changing it yet, but, I will here in a minute--thanks again!

I'll be looking forward to chatting with you guys on more than one occasion, hopefully it isn't only over me needing help, lol!

Thanks,
tfx.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  WinMx v3.54 beta 4 and Channel font options

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx