gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 13, 2024, 02:26:08 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Cant get primary connection
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cant get primary connection  (Read 5492 times)

Doomsday

Cant get primary connection
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:33:04 pm »
Hello everyone. I cant get a primary connection. I can however get a secondary, but nothing will download. I have norton internet security 2005. i have allowed winmx to have full control through it. i have also set up the windows firewall to allow winmx to work. i have no router. i am running at 1000k speed internet. i have tried looking through the forums and all the tips and help for winmx but still cant find the answer. i do have the newest version, the beta v3.54, and i have tried the mutli-version. but nothing seems to work.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Cant get primary connection
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:47:35 pm »
Delete winmx completely and re downlaod it from here :

https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.0-3.54b4.exe

Can't get meaning what errors come up?
Check if you have allowed winmx to use the ports in Settings>TCP settings and Settings>UDP settings.
(You need to enable this option even if you do not have a router)

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

doomsday

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 06:19:42 pm »
thats where i downloaded from. have tried uninstalling and deleting completely about 5 times. and all the port settings are turned on. what happens is i click on primary connection and it just tries to connect, i have left it on for 2 days and it never connects, but it will connect within 30 seconds with the secondary connection

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:05:30 pm »
Hi Doomsday,

Im curious do you have Cable or DSL?  Some DSL modems are routers also.
Also, what Operating system do you have?  Windows XP has afirewall and this enables itself at times so if you are on XP be sure yours is off.

Also with Nortons there is extra 'worm protection' in the 05 models and WinMX has to be specifically added to that also.. have a look here if you have any doubts
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/norton_2005.html

Let us know what happens with this, primary is being blocked by something and thats why it wont connect that way.. just got to figure out what for ya..

Doomsday

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 10:11:36 pm »
I have cable. its a motorola sb5100 surfboard cable modem. i am running xp pro. thanks for the link for the norton 2005 info, but when i go where the worm protection is, underneith the email, its not there. ???. it sound like thats what the problem is, but for some reason my internet security 2005 doesnt have that there. any other ideas. and thanks everyone for responding so fast to everything

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 04:09:27 am »
Internet security doesn't have that feature, it is replaced with the firewall, which av alone lacks.   Check winmx is permitted in the firewall & norton Internet security should be set, worth also checking windows firewall is OFF

Also are you running PG2? (BTW you don't need to be running PG2 with this patch installed)
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Doomsday

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 10:20:57 pm »
i disabled the xp firewall, and norton is set up to allow all winmx to run with no restrictions. still wont connect to primary.

Doomsday

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 04:47:14 am »
found the answer. changed the tcp and udp ports from the recomended settings to tcp 1720, and udp 3339. now it works great.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 04:52:09 am »
Happy to hear :)

Enjoy :D

Patch link :

Jess

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 02:57:53 am »
I seem to have to completely remove mx and re-download it everytime i get on???  what am i doing wrong???

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 12:02:39 pm »
You can't ecome a primary...
Can you connect as secondary?
Did you forward ports for winmx?
Did you allow winmx in your firewall?

Patch link :

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 12:51:10 pm »
As you see from Sams reply Jess,

We need you to be more specific about what is happening when you try to 'get on' ?
What set up do you have?  Routers/modems/firewalls you use etc..
and Im curious to learn where are you getting winmx each time?

Offline SILVER SURFER

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 06:14:34 am »
 :wink:   i have the same problem of not being able to get a primary connection. I have been able to have one in the past, but recently I have been unable to. I have my ports forwarded throuh two routers. One is a LINKSYS router and the other is a Vonage router. I have a cable modem and use Windows Xp home edition. I also have my XP firewall enabled to accept WINMX. This is freaking me out! I have no problem with a secondary connection, but really miss having my PRI conn. I usually keep my PC running 24/7 and have tons of stuff to share. I do notice when I do connect with a PRI it works for a few minutes and i am able to get uploads, but they quickly get dropped . I am watching my PEERGUARDIAN II and it is getting flooded with AP2P companies. I even changed my regualer ip address with  a static IP address and it did not work either. Any help on this problem would be most appreciated. Like I said everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. I am wondering if I should just reset my Wireless Linksys Router. I am curious if my ISP has put some kind of block on my internet connection so maybe it is preventing me from getting a PRI. Would there be anyway of me knowing if this is, in fact is the case without just calling them and asking them. That might be a little risky-LOL. i do notice that in my Port settings of my router that the TCP start number is highlighted in a yellow background and everything else is not. This might be a problem, but am not sure what to do.[Just because you have my undecided attention, it does not mean you have my respect. Some people just like watching a FREAK SHOW.]

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 06:25:14 am »
Remove Peerguardian and delete the winmx folder.
Reinstall winmx from here:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.0-MultiVer.exe
Choose your version of winmx

Peerguardian has over 827 million and hence that's your problem many potential users get blocked because of the mindless addition of Ips to the blocklist
If you use the wmw patch, you'll have no worries of seeing a single flooder ever again and your computer will bemuch faster. Not to mention more stable connections

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=3598.0.html
Read the above topic to see the full benifits of the wmw patch.

Patch link :

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 11:58:38 am »
I agree that the peerguardian isnt helping you, and I do believe that NO ONE should run a priamry without the WinMX Group patch as Sam mentions.. but...

You say you have two routers and a modem??

Was this always the case.. did you get a primary with 'this' exact set up?
Runny two routers (I have no idea about your modem being cable its probably a strait modem and not to worry about configuring) you have to disable one, meaning set one to let your IP Pass through.

Usually there is a 'Disable NAT' option somewhere and you'll have to read through your manuals to find out which of these would be best to disable that feature in.  You can do all the forwarding you want in both devices and WinMX will not work, set one in 'Passthrough' mode and you should be able to configure the other to allow WinMX.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 04:26:33 pm »
alternatively simply remove one, if this leaves you short of sockets to plug pcs into network hubs or switches are CHEAP
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline SILVER SURFER

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 08:48:26 pm »
 :wink:   i have had the patch for quite some time which is v.354 Beta 4 and have had a primary connection with my two routers and cable modem. It has been just recently that I can not keep a Prim. without losing all my downloads and uploads. So what you are saying is for me to delete Peer Guardian II altogether and also delete winmx and then download it again?

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 10:40:50 pm »
Peerguardian has the winmxworld peercaches in their blocklist calling us anti p2p. if removing that you are still having the problems then their might be astrong case that you isp may have fallen to the p2p blocking, uploads working then dying off seems to be the norm for this trate, what isp are you with by any chance
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

KM

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 07:02:27 pm »
peer guardian will cause problems with any p2p applications to use, as the default lists are maintained by an anti-p2p group who basically partially block every major p2p network (so it hinders performance but without being completely obvious by completely breaking it), they also block several entire ISPs full of users using the excuse "we don't know for a fact they are all pro-p2p"... ironic especially considering they used the same argument for blocking winmx (they don't seem to think a p2p network itself is pro-p2p according to their claims...)

Offline SILVER SURFER

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 08:39:57 pm »
    MY ISP is 192.168.1.138 . I have changed it several times and Winmx is still not working in Primary and now I can't get any Secondary uploads to work. They just time out. :(  I have a Wireless Linksys and I can't seem to find anything that says disable NAT or "passthrough" Maybe  I am looking in the right place. The other router that I use is Vonage that my phone line goes through. I have a cabel modem, also and it is just a regular modem called Winstar. My original IP address was 192.168.1.103.

PS. I have no manuals to refer back to.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Cant get primary connection

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx