gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 07:49:21 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Other Metis scripts  |  Just to let you know...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just to let you know...  (Read 2830 times)

KM

Just to let you know...
« on: December 02, 2006, 04:42:59 am »
I dug through my old files, and I do have a copy of the mxcontrol database from the 18th august (several copies from that date actually) and possibly the 28th august (have to confirm that one but do have a file with that as the creation date and no date in the filename), i think that should include most of the ones that were on mxcontrol, so any posted there before that date should be recoverable from that backup

there is also the possibility that the posts weren't removed from sourceforge and the database there is still in one piece in which case the whole lot may be recoverable from there

currently the main priority is getting hold of bender to see what he has to say about it - none of us has yet spoken to him, with any luck he'll say "here's a copy of the last database, take the lot and do whatever you want with it" (or something along those lines), if he doesn't say that then we'll have to see what happens about them

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
Re: Just to let you know...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 05:11:26 am »
I really hope that Bender has the database intact. If he does I hope he gives us a copy so that we can get the scripts, that is if he isnt planning on opening it back up.

KM

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:50:39 am »
that is if he isnt planning on opening it back up.

for some reason i suspect he isn't...

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 09:20:36 am »
Well, after talking to him yesterday we do know now that everything is still intact.

He's planning on sorting things out with his admins and reopening the site in the future.
Knowing him though it might take a while, so let's still collect what we can and see what we can come up with :-)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

KM

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 01:19:48 pm »
i have a copy of the latest database from there now btw just in case... heh

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 01:03:52 am »
lol. Yes seems a few sites were planning on getting all of the scripts of mxc and putting them on there site due to the closure of mxc. Now i know a few sites that have backed up all there scripts onto there sites so if they close again. We know where we can all go for new and old scripts. But hey. If it does go down again. For good. I will be sad. Due to it is a good help site. But i suppose we always have this one. The almighty winmx world.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Other Metis scripts  |  Just to let you know...

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx