gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 09:45:47 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  No channel filter or favorites tab WinMX 3.31
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: No channel filter or favorites tab WinMX 3.31  (Read 6624 times)

idbbs

No channel filter or favorites tab WinMX 3.31
« on: December 04, 2006, 07:44:28 pm »
I just did a clean install of XP and after installing WinMX 3.31 everything seems to be working fine except I have no channel filter or favorites tab in chat.
Can anyone help me with this problem
Thanks

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: No channel filter or favorites tab WinMX 3.31
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 07:53:33 pm »
Hi idbbs

Welcome to the site, the reason you don't is that is an older client version, and it doesn't support this.. basically it just doesn't have the favorites or filters for chat, it also doesn't support color (for inside the chat rooms).

The newer version, 3.53 and 3.54 beta 4, however do support both. 
The biggest difference between 3.53 and 3.54b4 are the sharing.  If you have been using 3.31 for a time and are used to the sharing set up, then you may like 3.53 better.  If your ok upgrading to the new sharing system (which for most folks it offers better control and extra features related to sharing) then the 3.54b4 is the most stable of the two.

I'm not sure what file you have that you installed your patched one from, but to be sure you have the latest with the latest patch be sure to download (or make sure they are identical) the file from here:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads/Install-3.0-MultiVer.exe.html This file contains all three versions, and installing over an existing WinMX.exe to a newer version can be blocked in the firewalls.

If you have troubles connecting after this then just simply remove WinMX from any firewalls or antivirus rules and restart, let it ask again for permissions or re-add them to the rules you have.

If you need help with how to share on the new version just have a look here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/sharing_on_354.html

Let us know how you get on and how you like the newer versions.

*edit: fixed first link - nylly

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  No channel filter or favorites tab WinMX 3.31

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx