gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 02:22:49 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Tips and Tricks for ASCII art in Ouka's MOTD
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tips and Tricks for ASCII art in Ouka's MOTD  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Tips and Tricks for ASCII art in Ouka's MOTD
« on: December 21, 2006, 10:57:28 am »
Yes folks your reading it here first.. I need some help.

I have read through the limitied files available for help on this subject, and am trying to work on a MOTD for Ouka that is a picture.  The limit seems to be 128 charactes per line, and 32 lines of text displayable. 

That is darn small for a ascii art picture with color codes.. Does anyone have any tricks or tip they can offer me?

And does anyone know if there is a way to beg in Japanese to Ouka for a bigger limit for this purpose?

lol... Thanks for any help offered.

KM

Re: Tips and Tricks for ASCII art in Ouka's MOTD
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 02:41:36 pm »
the simplest solution is to use WCS :-P

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 03:07:28 pm »
Ha Ha im affraid i must agree
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 03:21:55 pm »
Ya ha ha .. ok.. but seriously

I have found a few things out.. according to the help file you can fit 32 lines.. not so.. only 28 lines will show no matter what I do to them..

128 characters is a ridiculously low number when adding into account color codes for a pic.. but the actuall limit seems to vary from line to line.  However most lines 127 was the limit, and a few it was 126.

System font as you may know counts the characters for every one differently, making its a real pain to try to organize and space right, since the system 'space' using the space bar is tiny.. using the Alt + 255  to make spaces does seem to help.  They are nearly double the size of the space bar ones and therefore take up less of your limit of 128.

Im begging Ouka to rethink this .. as it stands.. many many rooms enjoy the convinence of adding pics to the motd.. however I would say for all practicality.. its not a good idea to attempt with Ouka severs.

KM

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 04:22:15 pm »
you think the MOTD will get fixed? i think it's more likely that some of the other serious problems with it would get fixed first... and as those don't get fixed, i don't think you should hold your breath for a minor thing to be fixed

btw did you try putting the raw colour codes in directly, instead of the friendly text that produces them? a colour code is only 2 bytes rather than the 4 bytes for #c1# for example - not sure if it allows that or not but you could try it... or just use WCS

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Tips and Tricks for ASCII art in Ouka's MOTD

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx