gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 13, 2024, 10:21:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can't connect 1-19-2007 AM
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't connect 1-19-2007 AM  (Read 2153 times)

Offline HalOfBorg

• Forum Member
Can't connect 1-19-2007 AM
« on: January 19, 2007, 03:42:13 pm »
This morning I tried to connect to WinMX and can't. It just sits there with all Zeroes. Same for secondary connection - nothing.
I turned off my fiirewall for a minute, and checked my port forwarding, even removed it and reset it on the modem/router.  :(

Is something wrong out there in the world??

Offline HalOfBorg

• Forum Member
FORGET IT
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 04:15:13 pm »
I just tried again and it's working now, so whatever was wrong out there in the world seems to be fixed.

I did nothing.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Can't connect 1-19-2007 AM
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 04:26:43 pm »
Use the WmW patch and you can forget all such issues forever

https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.0-MultiVer.exe

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Corum

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:11:24 pm »
Not sure whats going on I've been trying for an hour and no joy either on primary or secondary

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 06:59:20 pm »
No joy..
do you connect at all?
I mean does it keep flashing yellow or do you atleast connect?
if it doesn't connect at all, then probably, a firewall is blocking it...
Allow winmx in any firewalls you might have.
If you have windoes service pack two, then:
If you have a firewall installed, then disable the windows firewall

Also check:
if uploads and downlaods are the problem, then you will need to forward ports on your router (if you have one)
go to www.portforward.com and see your router model there. a tutorial on how to forward ports in winmx is given there

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Breeze

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 07:37:19 pm »
this is a bunch of crap!!! i've done everything you ppl say to do and i still can't get my winmx to connect! everyone says download the patch (that doesn't work), or go to the chat (that doesn't work either), and ppl will help you to connect! just downloading worthless crap on my computer.........probably spyware and crap!!!!!!

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 08:17:12 pm »
Breeze, there is definitely no spyware in that patch.

We all here are doing this for free and in our spare time to make the network enjoyable for you, the users, that's all we want ;)

Our Patch works just fine I can assure you so there must be something blocking it or making it not work as it's supposed to.

If you can't connect it would help if you told us a bit more about your system so we can try and find out what went wrong there.

Which windows version are you running?
Do you have a router and/or firewall?   If so, which ones?
What anti-virus program are you running?

Please be specific and we might just be able tofind out what the problem is.

Oh, one more thing:
The default blocklist in Peerguardian is blocking our Peer Caches, so if you're running that this could be a reason why it's not connecting.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Corum

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 10:32:07 pm »
Suddenly as unexpectedly as it wouldn't start winmx connected again no idea whats going on ah the joys of P2P

Offline Corum

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 10:34:40 pm »
I run PeerGuardian2 and until today have not had problems with connections and my PG updates on a regular basis mind you when the problems with PG started I moved with the developers for my blocklist wonder if that is the difference

Offline Corum

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 10:36:38 pm »
PS hi nylly you were a friend of my brothers he would be pleased you are here helping others

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 11:08:05 pm »
HI Corum :-)

Corum, Peerguardian is NOT needed when you're using the patch from www.winmxgroup.com

That patch does all the blocking winmx needs, and better than PG2 does.

If you insist on running Peeguardian (maybe because of other p2p) please make sure that this Allow list is being used.

Otherwise all the Caches hosted on dedicated servers will be blocked by the default lists and you will only be able to connect to the user hosted caches.
Of course that will work most of the time, but with them being attacked sometimes they're more likey to be down and I think that's what happened  to you this morning, when they were all down for a while.
PG simply blocked the "real" servers and when the user caches were down you couldn't connect to any caches at all.

LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 03:28:44 am »
Breeze
Guest breeze

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 08:37:19 pm »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is a bunch of crap!!! i've done everything you ppl say to do and i still can't get my winmx to connect! everyone says download the patch (that doesn't work), or go to the chat (that doesn't work either), and ppl will help you to  connect! just downloading worthless crap on my computer.........probably spyware and crap!!!!!!

hmmmm u ever considered what you are doing might be wrong breeze ???
because tens of thousands of others having no problem so perhaps if you actualy bother reading the advise given here and let ppl know details so they can sort your problem out (attitude besides) you might actualy get connected instead of bitching at the people that give up there spare time to help everyone on this forum            FOR FREE   

Offline HalOfBorg

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 01:43:34 pm »
HI Corum :-)

Corum, Peerguardian is NOT needed when you're using the patch from www.winmxgroup.com

That patch does all the blocking winmx needs, and better than PG2 does.

If you insist on running Peeguardian (maybe because of other p2p) please make sure that this Allow list is being used.

Otherwise all the Caches hosted on dedicated servers will be blocked by the default lists and you will only be able to connect to the user hosted caches.
Of course that will work most of the time, but with them being attacked sometimes they're more likey to be down and I think that's what happened  to you this morning, when they were all down for a while.
PG simply blocked the "real" servers and when the user caches were down you couldn't connect to any caches at all.

I run Peerguardian2 whenever I run WinMX or BT. I have the winmxgroup BLOCK list running. You say I either DON'T need PG2 OR I need to run the ALLOW list as well?

I'm asking 'cause I'm a insomniac moron.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 02:21:16 pm »
HalofBorg

If your going to use the PG Lists then yes you must have the allow list also.  Basically whats happened is this.. PG or rather Bluetack didnt like us complaining about them adding temporary dynamic IPs to their permanent block list and so the reaction to complaining publicly was to add all WinMX Group caches, the site and this site to its block list labeled p2p. 

What Im getting to is this.. If your running PG2 you MUST use our allow list.  If your only running WinMX you dont need pg2 (the dll uses the list anyway from WMW), some BT users prefer to use it and I can understand sorta.. so rather then debate its usefulness with either, I'll just say that.

Offline HalOfBorg

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 01:32:07 pm »
OK - I will add the allow list.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can't connect 1-19-2007 AM

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx