gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 02:45:38 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Channel List question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Channel List question  (Read 1822 times)

Anonymous

Channel List question
« on: September 24, 2005, 01:30:38 am »
Hello,

I am using RoboMX, but for some reason I can't use the channel list. I have a friend who owns a room, and I can get in it only if he sends me the link. I would like to know what I can do to fix this. I wanna start chatting again.

Thanxs

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Channel List question
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 04:05:20 am »
currently the wpn is offine. Even with the new patch it wont allow robo to connect. Ask KM
- Josh

Offline Zhen-Xlogic

• Core
  • Wasting Disk Space Since 1986
    • MXCoders
Re: Channel List question
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 10:59:48 am »
Quote from: Anonymous
Hello,

I am using RoboMX, but for some reason I can't use the channel list. I have a friend who owns a room, and I can get in it only if he sends me the link. I would like to know what I can do to fix this. I wanna start chatting again.

Thanxs

Im trying to do somethink for this i want some time if any one want to help me send a e-mail  at my mailto!  :wink:  8)
[Packet Type:2][Packet Length:2][Data:X]

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Channel List question
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 07:26:03 am »
i have tried changing the cache servers in rabbit and robo but they always seem to not be able to connect. rabbit got connected after about 20 min but disconnected shortly after it go 18 rooms.
- Josh

Offline Zhen-Xlogic

• Core
  • Wasting Disk Space Since 1986
    • MXCoders
Channel List question
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 10:19:51 am »
Quote from: Josh
i have tried changing the cache servers in rabbit and robo but they always seem to not be able to connect. rabbit got connected after about 20 min but disconnected shortly after it go 18 rooms.

I notice that in RMX isnt connect the easy way for now to use WinMX stand alone client!  :wink:  8)
[Packet Type:2][Packet Length:2][Data:X]

KM

Channel List question
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 11:28:13 am »
for now it is better to not use any third party clients, that is why nobody has been looking in to them...

third party chat servers should all work fine, but the clients are discouraged for the time being as several of them hammer the peer cache (not sure which, but some client sends about 50 requests to the peer cache at once!) which is fine if there are several caches, but not if they are all going to the same one or two peer caches!

about 75% of the traffic on the peer cache is duplicate requests from these clients, even though the number of these clients about is very small

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Channel List question

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx