gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 11:06:56 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Another scam site, users beware!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Another scam site, users beware!  (Read 4329 times)

All of Winmx

Re: Another scam site, users beware!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 08:23:42 pm »
Funny for months we don't see any post about nobby or vladd.I guess that  hurts some people so they have to come on this forum and start BS again just to keep their name in front of  people.Nobby why dont you go post on your good friend's form vladd44? O my bad he doesn't have a forum any more.

The users of winmx dont care about  vladd's legal bills or his hosting bill or how he got took on paying for a patch that does nothing more than install free software. I could care less that MS says vladd is the owner of winmx  .

All the bs your saying now didnt help winmx months ago so why should it now? 

No one here came looking for you, You came here to post and start some bs all over again.

You lost months ago and are bitter over it  and from the looks of  the lack of people in the v44 room your still looseing.

If vladd has legal bills other than child support why is it that no one on mx or any of the people you have accused of DDOSing his site has heard of any thing?   Looks like if he had any thing on any one  some thing would have been done in all these months.

Youve had a few more min's  of seeing your name and vladds in print on a winmx forum again . Good thing you came by and started this post  we had forgot all about you two.

I look foward to not seeing your or vladd's name in print in the near future so lets just let this thread die.

bughunter

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 12:34:37 pm »
nobby in disquise wrote opps i mean dribbled...............- As for Bugasses comments about how i am busy seemingly related to how many users are in V44? WTF has that got to do with how busy i am? I spend no more than an hour or so per week chatting in there it has no relavance to my workload, unlike you, i have a life outside of Winmx, loser.............

hmm you claim to have a life outside of winmx, really that life being sad pathetic posts regarding nothing except your lame attempt and  linking omegas personnal site to winmx,,,,,,,,,,,,,bravo such a life you lead real rocket science stuff..............
but since your just a pie maggot why not post on your own maggot site, oh thats right you dont have one...........winmx users having abondanded it like your maggot patch.................and only a year ago you were going to take over the world ( refer your oct meetin )  what happined the lies the deciet and scamms fail did they. those making up pie the group all left have they..........
why would this be if your patch and blocking method worked as you claimed....................oh thats right your patch doesnt work and every attempt at a blocking solution has been a wholesale failure.................so go cry to mummy you wil get no sympathy here....................dumbass maggot...........or is that spasdic retard...............im sure your loney brain cell can figure it about the time comet mcnaught is due to retuen to this solay system in approx 85 thousand years................

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 02:09:52 pm »
Wow is everyone just so stupid.

When you buy a domain on go daddy you get free hosting. Which includes ads. the owner of the domain does not get any money from it, they just have the annoyance of that banner ad.

So true josh... they shud all grow up huh...

personally i laughed when i saw this thread..
was like..
Ha they think omega's site is a scam site
PMSL
i see no point in 2 pages for a thread like dis :s
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 03:02:12 pm »
Well here we are again flaming each other. I personally have looked at Vladd's Web Site and i can see that he is doing more than covering his costs. This argument that is taking place goes way back to when Vladd was arguing about who was better than who. This is more than pathetic, this is more than a joke. No wonder why users are not bothering to come back to WinMx, they must look at this site and then look at Vladd's Web Site and see that something is not right, something is going on.

Vladd and his companions need to do more than grow up. They need to leave WinMx no one needs them, i don't think anyone as ever needed them. So please lets not go down to their level lets rise above them.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 09:40:16 pm »
Ok. I didn't think that I, of all people, would be subject to this talk. I would like to thank all those that have defended me. I would like to defend myself here. First of all those ads cannot be taken away unless I pay for the hosting. Trust me I have tried. Second of all those don't just display WinMX scam ads. When I was on there last time, such as today, I saw that the ads were for foot cream, don't know why. My services on my site are free and will remain that way. Since I have almost no internet access I cant really do anything about this right now. I will be, and have been for years now, looking for new Free hosts that don't have ads. I am doing all that I can on this matter. If I am not moving fast enough for you then I am sorry.

I thought that I would jump on my mom's computer, risking me being ever allowed on the internet here again, to let you all know my plans. I will be posting back here to let you all know of any updates.

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 11:42:31 pm »
i'll host for you :)
www.lovehosts.com

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 02:01:37 am »
Bleh, nobby trying to start some flame war again, and now that everything was so peaceful.

Vladd has put those ads on there by himself, nothing ever forced him to do it, not the webhost or anyone, only his own greed. Of course vladd can't control what ads google decide to put on there, but at least he can have a quick look at them every now and then and filter the bullshit. What I can see now is that vladd has placed some huge ads on the middle of his website, in the place where help pages are supposed to go, while the real help pages are hidden away. By the first look, you'd expect those huge links to be the place to click to load the pages you are looking for.

It's pretty clear that this is done to trick the user to click those links. Very cool, vladd. Vladd earning some lousy pennies per click, whereas the user is sent to a scam site. But that isn't vladd's problem, it's the user's problem or what? As long as vladd makes money he's happy.

That website has no purpose now, other than sucking out the rest of the money there is to get, before the website is forgotten by the WinMX community.

And please nobby, instead of picking on us trying to make us look worse, why don't you do some work over at your camp trying to make yourself look better? If you spend your time producing something like we do, instead of counteracting us, I think it's something we'll all benefit from.

I'm sorry to see your website getting covered with scam ads, omega, I think shutting the whole thing down is a bit drastic, but at least you've done something to prevent users from being scammed, unlike vladd and nobby.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 12:20:22 pm »
Omega saw this on dig last nite may be what your looking for.

ByetHost.com offers free web hosting with no forced advertisments (Banner Free), domain names, free web site and other web related services. Our affordable hosting makes ByetHost the best place to host your small business website or personal web site. Our reliable Banner-less Free web space services are also ideal for first-time webmasters. We are your web host for everything from web design, internet marketing tools, domain names and powerful web hosting services.

http://byethost.com/index.php

as i said i just saw it on dig so if its ok fine if not sorry ive not checked it out.
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 04:57:59 pm »
Thank you Chuck for this information. I will look into it. I don't want to be paying for something and not being able to use it. I will bring back the operations of my site, once I get things worked out. Uploading to new servers will not cut it on this computer. I have, in the mean time, setup my own Web server. My mom is on comcast internet and last time I heard, you can get a static IP for something like $5 a month. I will also look into that. If I can host my own site that would be great. All information provided will be taken into consideration.

Thank you for all your help.

KM

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 07:11:38 pm »
you don't need a static IP Address to host a website...

the only thing you need a static IP Address for is to host a DNS server for a domain name, and then there are ways around that

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 08:05:27 pm »
Yes but then if my server's IP address changes I have to go into Godaddy and change it.

I would just like to have a static IP address so that I dont have to keep going into Godaddy and changing it every day. It will be just one less thing I have to do. Also I might be getting the internet in my room soon due to a call I had recieved at about 2:00 PM EST.

I would like to ask though, is there anyone who is good with setting up MySQL? I have tried to do it and it hasnt worked out to well. If someone can help please let me know. I will be very greatful.

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007, 10:40:45 pm »
i could allways host.. i run my own website without issues 9but its down right now sinse my hard drive died on my server )

and my ip hardly eva changes :)
www.lovehosts.com

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 06:12:51 am »
You can use a service like www.no-ip.com to create a hostname, then forward mxomega.com to the no-ip hostname and download the no-ip client. The client will sit on your system and auto update no-ip hostname when your IP changes. Updates are instant. I'm sure there are other similar services, homedns or dyndns or whatever they are called, but I haven't tried those myself.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 09:54:50 am »
Well I use dyndns and it's very good as well.
Create as many hostnames and you want and the client will auto update every five minutes.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 01:42:52 am »
no-ip and dyndns are the 2 biggest ones, as for which you use, makes no difference, i have used both, more a case of which one came to mind first at the time i needed it... lol

btw no need to use web redirects or anything to have the domain name redirect to a URL with that hostname in, you can also use a DNS CNAME, so basically www.mxomega.com is a CNAME to mxomega.no-ip.com or whatever, then www.mxomega.com will actually resolve to whichever IP Address mxomega.no-ip.com is set to resolve to rather than ww.mxomega resolving to some godaddy server, which then returns a web page redirecting to mxomega.no-ip.com, basically much better than a redirect as the domain name stays in the address bar, plus you can use the hostname for other things - and it just generally looks better

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 02:05:37 am »
Maybe Not
www.lovehosts.com

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 10:53:34 pm »
I got things under control now, and I would like to thank all those who gave great suggestions. I have chosen to use my server, and things here for the internet are in motion.

Thank You

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Another scam site, users beware!

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx