gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 05:36:41 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  You Guys are great but........is winmx dieing slowly despite your great efforts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: You Guys are great but........is winmx dieing slowly despite your great efforts  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Sophie

• Forum Member
sorry to sound so negative, cos all you guys that helped save winmx and put all the effort into this brilliant website and i think your all brilliant.But recently everytime i been on winmx there seems to be less and less people using winmx. Winmx is brilliant and i have met so many friends from the chat rooms, so it saddens me to see it dieing a slow agonising death, its my opinion, i maybe wrong. Have you brilliant guys who saved winmx just delayed its death?.I listed 1700 rooms today, 60% had 10 people or less in them, i would guess 30% of the other rooms used fake numbers.leaving maybe just 10% with more than 10 people in.Is there anything we all can do to save winmx a second time? from this slow agonising death which i believe is happening. Phase 1: to save winmx ...... was achieved. Now we need to move to Phase 2 : To stop this slow agonising death which is happening.
         Once again i thank all the brilliant talented people who helped save winmx and run this brilliant web site.

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
Well Sophie, I am not sure that is an acurate way to count them... I have not been in a chat room in about 2 months or more, even though I have regular rooms. Many of the users never even go into rooms. But as far as I can tell, it looks like the number of users is on the rise.

I also make a point of telling everyone I can about the rebirth of winmx, and give everyone the site address for WMG. There are many new people in the community, and many of us 'old timers' lol

Just remember that MANY of the users are connected but not in a room :)

Hope this helps!

Best Regards and Be Good!
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Juding from uploads and sources for downlaods, the number of users does seem stable.
Aside from perhaps just one or two "nice to haves" winmx really has everything you'd want from a P2P

reasonably secure downloads (and uploads).
A great community
vast number of files to choose from
A place where you can find old and rare files as well
And opennap as well

What more do you need? :lol:

Cheers  :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

the number of users on the network is increasing at a steady rate

chat as never been a good indicator of network size, because only a tiny fraction of users use it, and most of the rooms are only there because it has been made so easy, they aren't proper rooms intended to actually have users in them (refresh the list at different times of the day, the room count alone varies by several hundred... meaning loads of those rooms aren't even online half of the time! no wonder they don't have users...)

when the channel list shot up to its current length it was not because winmx suddenly increased in size, in fact at the time the number of users on winmx was going down... as i said, a very bad indication of network size

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4472.new#new
In my opinion I think it's a pretty good explaination on a probable cause for what you believe you're noticing. please go there and read my post.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Cheers Nooks  8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  You Guys are great but........is winmx dieing slowly despite your great efforts

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx