gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 10:41:36 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  What do you want in a bot?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What do you want in a bot?  (Read 2997 times)

Offline g33k::ß

• Forum Member
What do you want in a bot?
« on: March 25, 2007, 07:41:55 pm »
Hey there everyone, your friendly neighborhood g33k here lol...

I was just curious, if you got to make your own bot, what kind of features would it have.

What would your format of scripting be; would it be like metis? <command> etc?
or would it be more basic ? how would you do it?

The reason I'm asking is we're trying to build a bot that people will actually enjoy using.
Instead of having to complain all the time about how 'hard' something is or, how much it sucks
that they can't do something.

So please, let me hear your ideas & whatnot, if its possible & probable it will be done.

Uni

Re: What do you want in a bot?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 08:28:33 pm »
well there are the advanced and the well ones like me. easy is good <command> is easy and yes they should be fun, like with drink, eats and such :P

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
  • Born again christian since 2010!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 05:00:55 am »
I'm using a bot to protect the room and to get to room more lively.
Simple but usefull!
[John 14:6] Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
[Jean 14:6] Jésus lui dit: Je suis le chemin, la vérité, et la vie. Nul ne vient au Père que par moi.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 08:40:43 am »
Hi G33k,
you have been in my room, seen my bot and the way  it works, its funny and protects as well, i like the metis and i don't complain that is sucks, if a script don't work, i look at it closer, i help out others where i can, i have reported the odd bug with the 2.8b1, that's why i use the 2.8a1 with Bide's b1 modified plugin, and it works. all in all, i like the metis.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline g33k::ß

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:59:27 am »
Well Uni that kind of thing would be handled by a script that someone makes for the bot; I'm trying to get ideas for the bot but thanks for the input.

Zenar: Chatroom security is everyones #1 concern, any ideas on specifically how you would want to secure the channel?

Max: Of course Metis is great, but for the average user with little programming knowledge, coding scripts for Metis can be well, hard.. lol.. so say, if you could make changes to the script language itself, or just the structure, if any, what changes would you make?

Offline sIrMoOn

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 08:43:12 pm »
the most basic users are going to want all the most common functions to be "check the box" types of things - no matter what type of scripting you use, some people are just never going to get it.

so for the scripting itself, i'd suggest making it powerful, straightforward, and consistent are more important than trying to make it super-easy.  let scripts add options to the user interface so those basic users can configure them without having to see the script.  (the file access in some bots is ok but not as good as adding text boxes and checkmarks.)  make scripts easy to install. (most bots seem to fail this one.)  i'd say, they should be able to just double-click the script file they downloaded and the bot should automatically copy it to its scripts directory and add it to its user interface.

just my 0.02

Offline kiaas

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 08:41:42 am »
I love Lettuce, it's really easy to understand, you just look at the example and you pretty much understand it right off. I'd like something easy like that, with the basics all laid out, just waiting to be customized, and more features, like the system info, uptime, winamp song, and things like tha, just with the simple interface and
[START]
TriggerType=Enter
ResponseText=Welcome to the room $NAME$!
ResponseType=Channel
Stop=False
[END]
add a few more features, and then all you have to do is mix and match and you can do a lot with a simple config like that, it's all very straight forward!
Kill 1 man and you are a murderer, kill 10 and you are a monster, kill a thousand and you are a hero, kill one million and you are a conqueror.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  What do you want in a bot?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx