gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 07:02:54 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Losing Peer Network Primary Connections
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Losing Peer Network Primary Connections  (Read 3313 times)

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
Losing Peer Network Primary Connections
« on: March 29, 2007, 12:30:15 am »
 :?Have been running WinMX v3.54 beta 4 successfully under Vista Basic for a week (my XP machine crapped out). Today I noticed that as soon as I began connecting to the OpenNap Protocol Networks, I begin losing my Primary connections on the Peer Network, going from 8 to 0. I also see that a few of the OpenNap servers are flooding me with files unrelated to my search arguments. Does anyone have similar problems?
Also, haven't been able to get NapMX to install under Vista. Could it have been filtering out 'bad' servers?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Losing Peer Network Primary Connections
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 03:33:20 am »
Did you install km's new patch for winmx to work on vista from here:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4360.0.html
Try that and see how it goes...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 12:12:48 pm »
I would like more specifics on teh exact OpenNap servers your on and using when you get these searches, I would also like to know your exact query strings your using searching.  And what system is this on.. vista that you see these reults?   If its XP do you see the Patch Operational on the top of your WinMX?

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 01:00:53 pm »
I applied the patch by renaming the existing OLEDLG.DLL in the WINMX folder and moving the new one into the folder. I restarted WinMX, got 4 Primary connections on the Peer, then tried the OpenNap connections. Same result - lost all Peer connections. Adding insult to injury, I also lost my Internet connection and had to restart the LAN adapter ! As far as offending OpenNap Networks, BoogieDogs and OpenWorld seem to be the worst offenders, and the search argument doesn't seem to matter. Also, while rerunning the NapMX 3.0 beta3 install to get the error message,it worked! All very confusing. Thanks for bearing with me, my old machine couldn't have picked a worse time to die!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 01:09:32 pm »
The vista patch that KM is developing to my knowledge is for Secondary users, most users dont have issues with primary.. which makes me think its something other than WinMX.  I can safely assume then that that system your talking about above is strickly the Vista machine.. not XP?

The reason i need your information about the OpenNap servers and the search query is simple.. its my job (self appointed) to keep an eye on dodgy activity from the cartels and flooding companies and its quite important and not surprising if they have infested that area as well since KM's patch works so well to keep them a 'non issue' on the regular WinMX Peer Network.

If you could supply me with the actual server info I would need to connect to them and the actual queries your making on them it would be beneficial to all of WinMX.

I suspect there is somthing about the amount of connection on the Vista machine that is causing this.. Im sure this is the part of your issue that is beyond my expertise.. but it doesnt sound like something the 'vista' patch was meant to fix.

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 03:57:29 pm »
Definitely Vista Basic. Had 6 primary Peer connections, with 5 users downloading 35K/s. Connected to OpenNap Network: Peer primaries dropped to 1, with downloads to 5 K/s. Then they slowly began to recover, however I couldn't refresh this forum page. Vista diagnosed a Connection problem and had me 'Reset Network Adapter 'Local Area Connection''. The downloads were aborted, of course, but I now have 5 Primary and 2 Secondary Peer connections, AND 26 OpenNap nets! Search on 'Mathis' gives me a lot of crap from [OpenWorld] liebchen, and [BoogieDogs] boogiedogs, but also a lot of valid stuff. I'd like to help find out what is going on.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 05:09:26 pm »
Are the connections stable if you don't use opennap?
ALso do you have windows defender running?
That has been known to cause issues

Patch link :

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 05:24:21 pm »
Have you tried using this patch, the Vista one and using secondary?  To see if this is more stable?

Sam can you get me the info or a wsx file i would need to connect to those two naps for testing?

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 05:40:04 pm »
The connection was stable before OpenNap, and indeed seems stable now With OpenNap, after resetting the Network Adapter. I see WinDefend in the Task Manager, but it's status is Stopped. I replaced the original OLEDLG.DLL file (60Kb) with the new one (19Kb) in the WinMX folder before restarting.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 06:27:31 pm »
Both of the servers work for me when I took them from my working servers thread.
In any case, I've attached them both here

Patch link :

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 12:50:37 pm »
WinMX was stable overnight. 5 users happily downloading this AM with 8P, 4S, and 23 Nets online. I tried to recreate my problem by running NapMX, and getting a current OpenNap list. When I reconnected to the new servers, my primary/secondary peer connections decreased but subsequently recovered (5P, S7, 25 Nets). No queues were lost, and I didn't have to reset the Network Adapter to access this forum. All in all, I'm happy that my previous symptoms seem resolved, and you guys are staying on top of the problems. Thanks again! :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Losing Peer Network Primary Connections

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx