gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:46:02 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  help with router and 2 computers and one stuck on connecting on winmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: help with router and 2 computers and one stuck on connecting on winmx  (Read 1854 times)

Offline jaden6

• Forum Member
i have a cable modem and linksys 4 port wireless router and 2 computers one desktop and one wireless labtop an the desktop works fine on winmx but the labtop gets stuck on conecting when downloading winmx songs and eventualy highlights in red and gives up my settings are  cable, secondary, dont use proxy server, unable to accept tc[, unable to accept udp, use operating system to host etc these setting work fine with desktop, labtop is on vista home basic  i need simple help :( :( :( :( :(

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Hi Jaden,

Im not entirely sure whats causing this problem with the WinMX on the lappy, could be the router settings but more likely its a problem with some type of protective program. There are some issues that some users find using Vista and secondary.  Usually its connection problems with WinMX itself, so... for that reason Im going to ask you to do a few things..

One is make sure that you are allowing WinMX in any protective programs.. esp if you have Windows Defender installed on the Lappy, comes standard with Vista and it doesnt like WinMX at all.

Second is to visit this link and follow the instuctions there..
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4360.msg26410#msg26410

Do this on the Vista machine only.. then let us know how your doing...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  help with router and 2 computers and one stuck on connecting on winmx

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx