gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 01:52:08 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Games  |  Yahtzee by James
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Yahtzee by James  (Read 2764 times)

Ladybug

Yahtzee by James
« on: April 22, 2007, 04:40:53 pm »

[Edit by: Omega] Cleaned topic up a bit.

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
Re: Yahtzee by James
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 07:48:29 pm »
can someone help me set this up thanks not sure how to

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:55:51 pm »
Unzip both yahtzee.xml and the Yahtzee folder to your Plugins folder.

open the yahtzee.xml file and change all instances of the directory to match your own (if they dont already)

also while you have the yahtzee.xml file open add your name to the usergroup and your admins names (if you wish) - this enables you and your admins to reset the game using the !kill command

and that should be it.... been a coupla years since i set this game up in my bot but i dont remember having to do anything else other than that... hope that helps ,if not post back and let us know :)

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 06:44:06 am »
thanks alot will try it and if i have any more probs will let you know :) have a great night

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 06:49:30 am »
ok i did what you said and now this is what its doing
any ideas here thanks
01:46:49 .¸¸.¤°´¯`°{ «J(¥)£» Jëññïfë® ^Î^ }°´¯`°¤.¸¸. !yahtzee
01:46:54 <«J(¥)£»  SillyFred> /notice #c51#This is your first time playing #c4#Yahtzee#c51#. #c62#Made by:#c1# JÁMÈS
01:46:54 This is your first time playing Yahtzee. Made by: JÁMÈS
01:46:54 <«J(¥)£»  SillyFred> /notice #c51#If you need help with Yahtzee, type: #c1#?yahtzee
01:46:54 If you need help with Yahtzee, type: ?yahtzee
01:46:54 <«J(¥)£»  SillyFred> /notice #c51#You may now roll the dice and start the game, type #c4#!roll
01:46:54 You may now roll the dice and start the game, type !roll
01:47:00 .¸¸.¤°´¯`°{ «J(¥)£» Jëññïfë® ^Î^ }°´¯`°¤.¸¸. !roll
01:47:00 <«J(¥)£»  SillyFred> /notice #c51#Game is not active, if you wish to join, type: #c4#!yahtzee
01:47:00 Game is not active, if you wish to join, type: !yahtzee

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 07:47:55 am »
What version of metis are you using? i think this game was made for Metis270-test6 . Thats the only bot i've ever ran it in so not sure how it'll run in later versions but i doubt very much that it would work on any previous versions such as metis 2.6

Also did you try the !kill command to reset the game?

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 06:16:42 pm »
ahhh that could be the problem my bots are all 2.06 not sure where to go to upgrade to newer versions and yes i did try the kill thing it dont even do anything and i  put my name in it can you tell me how to upgrade my bots or where to go to get newer versions

Offline F£¥è®

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 07:22:28 pm »
OS Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU  Q8200  @ 2.33GHz, 2331 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 07:46:19 pm »
Metis 2.60 is a Metis version not a RoboMX version.

If your RoboMX is 2.06 you should be fine (assuming your metis is newer).... the bot i run this game in is RoboMX206_extreme with
Metis270-test6 added to it.

To get the most recent metis bot you need RoboMX 2.08 >>Download Here<< and download the rar file posted at the bottom

Install the RoboMX 2.08.... once its installed unzip the files from the rar file to the RoboMX 2.08 Plugins folder

I dont know if yahtzee works in this version either but if it doesnt you'll at least have a new bot in your army lol

And by the way i now remember (for some strange reason) for yahtzee to work a few people needed to restart their computer before it would work properly  i was 1 of those people...had the same problem your having until i rebooted (twice) lol.So maybe give that a try b4 you decide to upgrade

Good Luck

Offline macleod

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 01:32:22 am »
ok have the right bot new install the script is all configured with the right paths script works ok to you get to roll you type !roll it says so and so rolls the dice no dice comes up

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 06:44:40 am »
I'm just going to post a bit of what James had originally said on the mxcontrol forum about this game of his.

There are only a few things that you might want to change in it. And that would be adding your name and/or other people to the Yahtzee usergroup. Also you might have to change your directories.

Here is a list of the command and what they do.

?yahtzee - Will give you help on what to do.
!yahtzee - Will start the game.
!roll - Will roll the dice.
o1/o5 - o1 to hold dice 1, o2 to hold dice 2, and so on.
x1/x5 - Releases holds on the dice.
!card - Will show you the score card, and commands.
!01/!13 - Will mark down a roll on the score card.\
?01/?13 - Will mark a roll down as 0 where you choose.
!kill - Will end the game (Admin Only)
*UPDATE* 2-1-06
!my stats - Shows your game stats
*UPDATE* 2-2-06
!high scores - Shows the top five high scores.

I plan on adding a few things to the game. I've decided to post the game as it is so far to see if it will be worth adding all that other stuff. And to see if there are any current bugs that I've missed. If you have any ideas on stuff that I could or should add to it, let me know and I'll think about it.

But anyways, here is the game. Just drop it in your plugins folder and do what I've already said that needs to be done. And you should be set and able to play.

**Update** 1-28-06
If you have already got the game once, please get it again. I've noticed that I've missed 2 combinations for a small straight, but I've added it and updated it. So just get it again and things should work just fine.

**Update** 2-1-06
I've added it so you can type !my stats and see your current stats, gives you your high score, total score, and many other things.

**Update** 2-2-06
Added High Scores, type !high scores and a timer to it so if someone takes too long, the game stops.

DOWNLOAD YAHTZEE VERSION 3.0

*TIP*
I've already had people complain about the game flooding their screen in WCS. If you haven't seen me post a script before, you'll know that I ONLY make scripts for WCS. And I wouldn't make a game that floods my own screen. To avoid it flooding your screen. Change your access and all your other admin's access if you have a * or W in it, if it is a *, change it to AaCSsITMKkBULRrlNnFOem@ If you'r access includes a W, just remove it.

Also, the game will NOT work if you have a $ or * in your name. So remove them, change your name, replace the $ with a normal or other $. Just do something so your name doesn't include those in it or it will not work for you at all.

*IMPORTANT*
I've had a few people have issues with rolling the dice and many other things. I've been working to resolve this problem, because I use the same exact script in my room, and it works perfectly for me. But after being stumped for a few hours. I've found out that if you restart your computer, it should fix this issue. I'm not exactly sure why. May have something to do with the memory being full, or some other odd thing. I just know that it should fix it if you run into this problem. So be sure to read all this.

Dont know if thats of any help to you but i really dont know what else can be done other than trying the script in other metis bots..... pretty sure this was made for RoboMX 2.06 Metis270-test6

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Games  |  Yahtzee by James

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx