gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:22:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Video Help  |  File convertors
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: File convertors  (Read 3467 times)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
File convertors
« on: May 18, 2007, 05:38:24 pm »
I found this great tool that will convert all video formats into .avi. It's a sourceforge projrct meaning it's free and as usual a good program

Program Name : Alltoavi
Link : http://alltoavi.sourceforge.net/

It also has a package for linux users as well...
Hope this is useful I'll post some more good convertors as and when I find them.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Majic_ShareAll

• Forum Member
    • Technical Advisor for Mutimedia & Computers
Re: File convertors
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 10:25:01 am »
I was curious about the program you mentioned, so I DLed it, and am testing it out.
Normally I use Avidemux 2, and occasionally VirtualdubMod.

So far though, I find the interface is not that intuitive, and it needs to have width and height filled in (for mpg), without supplying a simple way to get the existing data.  Actually, being I am locking the aspect ratio, I would have expected it to just use the specs from the file.  The convertor options lack choices, and their is no ability to crop the input, so encoder time is wasted on encoding borders.

But to give it a shake at converting, I took an mpg, waiting to be converted, and first cropped it in avidemux and it is now converting that file to an Xvid Avi.  So far, conversion speed is about 24fps using the Xvid fixed Q @ 1.2, which is OK speed.

The final result quality wise was pretty good picture, decnet compression.

I then ran the same file in AVD2, which ran at about 35fps, while also cropping the video, and converting the audio.  Quality excellent, compression very good.

This would seem like an ok program for doing some standard conversions, where the choices are pretty simple, especially for batch mode, but in most cases I would stick with Avidemux 2

It is also a free program, and you can get it here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=67275&package_id=65644&release_id=519892

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Video Help  |  File convertors

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx