gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 05:07:21 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Video Help  |  Converting Movie to AVI?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Converting Movie to AVI?  (Read 4740 times)

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
Converting Movie to AVI?
« on: May 05, 2007, 11:49:30 am »
Pardon me if this is already answered elsewhere in the forum. I recorded a TV movie onto a DVD. I would like to: 1) Edit out the commercials; 2) Convert it to AVI so it can be shared. I have Nero 7, but I don't understand the terminology to know if this is supported. If not, is there any Freeware out there to accomplish what I need? Thanks. :)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Converting Movie to AVI?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 02:25:58 pm »
I believe dvd shrink will be able to convert a dvd into and avi...
I'm not sure about this, but I think you can use instant avi split to remove the commercials or you can use virtual dub for removing the commercials.

I think all are there in the tools section of the site (click on links at the top pf the page)
If some are not, then google them and you'll get the programs. Search for other such freeware on google as well, use "dvd ripper freeware" as your search term...  usually a few hits do appear usually

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 05:45:31 pm »
there is freeware out there to do it, some of it reputedly better than nero, but nero can do it, at least, nero 6 can, i don't imagine they removed the ability.. look for programs like nerovision.. the startsmart thing is good at guiding you to open the right application, i'm not much good with video i'll happliy admit, doubtless someone will come along soon & recommend easier software.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 11:46:25 am »
I found a great tutorial for doing what I need at : http://elliottback.com/wp/archives/2005/12/26/how-to-rip-a-dvd-a-tutorial/
I've tried it, and it works. Now for the editing...

Offline Majic_ShareAll

• Forum Member
    • Technical Advisor for Mutimedia & Computers
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 02:20:31 pm »
A good program for mpeg to Avi is Avidemux 2 (AVD2).
With this program you can convert, edit, crop, all from the same interface.

Dvd Shrink is a good prgram to reduce the size of your files, and could even be run before AVD2, to reduce file size (its easy to use and does encoding real well).

Mpg2Cut2 is a great program for cutting scenes out of mpeg files, with out having to do any converting.  It is very fast.

The audio should be done seperately, with BeSweet,  to mp2 for mpeg files (Dvds are M2P  or mpeg 2 files)
and mp3 for avi files.  (mp2 works in avi files also).  Besweet does a good job of compensating for the audio offset, that exist in most DVDs.

By using BwSweet, to demux out your audio stream, you can then mux it back in, with AVD2 while or after it is done encoding.

For all the video editing I do, the 4 programs mentioned above are my most used, out of a collection of over 40 programs.

BTW, if you are making files to play on a stand alone DVD player, that is AVI compatible, they usually will also play raw .mpg files (m1p and m2p, as well as renamed vobs).  So it may not be necessary to convert to AVI (mpeg 4) for these uses, and DVD shrink can usually get files down to close to Xvid-Avi size.

Burn mpg and avi files like data files.

Offline lovejoy291

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 05:25:24 am »
use dvd decrypter to rip your dvd and autogk to convert to avi . get mpeg wizard to remove tv adds

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Video Help  |  Converting Movie to AVI?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx