gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76785 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 21, 2024, 12:32:11 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  How do I improve download/upload speed?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How do I improve download/upload speed?  (Read 1267 times)

Offline gatorman

• Forum Member
How do I improve download/upload speed?
« on: May 11, 2007, 07:44:18 pm »
I have a done the necessary settings accordng to the WinMX and Portforwarding web sites to get WinMX to work thru my Linksys
 WRT54G ver.2 router and my PC firewall using the WinXP SP2 OS.  My DSL service is 1Mdown/320Kup.  Right now my downloads
usually run at 5KB to 6KB and the uploads are real slow usually < 1KB.  Are there optimum settings for DSL to get better performance
for both directions; especailly uploads?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: How do I improve download/upload speed?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:56:22 pm »
These values do seem a little low, which is more likely to be down to your ISP than it is to your settings, however Windows generally is optimised for LAN style networking, rather than internet networking, there are any number of tools out there for optimising DSL connections (google if interested) & while they *can* make a difference my experience is that difference is marginal.

There is a script in the tutorials section for setting WinMX's bandwidth throttles optimally, however it's usually more useful for resolving WinMX slowing other things too much & is really most applicable to users on dial-up, though you may wish to check it out, setting too low values would certainly cause your symptoms.

As far as I'm aware there's no "magic bullet" to resolve this one, unless it is down to your throttles being set too restrictively, & it will otherwise take tedious investigation to isolate the exact cause, which still may not be amenable to resolution.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Scaryscooby

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:26:27 pm »
I am having similar problems, for it seems about the same time. I am in Australia on 56k and using xp pro. these were the reasons i came up with why i was so slow 0.5-1KB
1. I was uploading to many files at 1 time.
2. I was using the pie patch.
3. My isp had me throttled.
what i tried
1. Only uploaded 1 file restricted to 2000
2. Changed ports to the same as i have on utorrent (my speed there is average to Vgood)
3. Deleted host file back to untouched original and used OLEDLG.DLL which was for Vista (was OK to multiple search as normal OLEDLG.DLL patch would make my winmx connection reconnect after hitting search everytime.
4. installed Install-3.0-noMX.exe completely.

Other than the odd rare user giving me 3 - 5KB all i get is .5 - 1KB off multiple users ( 3 files 10 users)
 I also was getting limited search results throughout what i tried, as an example Madonna .mp3 max users for 1 file 12 users only after 30 minute search

My upload speed is good, if i unrestricted it the user can get 5-6KB as i am getting nothing. I have been resuming partial files from winmx on torrents, but some files i can only get on Mx. any help would be appreciated

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 03:57:13 am »
Well there is nothing much that can actually be done.
The speeds are slow as your ISP is throttling.

U torrent performs better as  ISPs cannot throttle it as effectively as they can for winmx...

The best thing would be to change your ISP to solve the problem.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 04:04:42 pm »
Its more likely that the users are the issue here.. Im not aware of any ISPs that deliver throttled dial up.. infact the idea is almost comical.. So I would suggest you have a visit to the help room and let some folks have you download and test the speeds.. we can offer you the max and see what happens.

WinMxWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE

Just copy and paste that into the Filter bar, click Join and then tell them you've been sent from the site to test downloads.  Be patient if no one answers right away ..

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 05:03:40 pm »
* Samseesam note to self: don't reply to posts in the morning when you are still too sleepy to open your eyelids
sorry :oops:
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 11:35:12 pm »
lol

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  How do I improve download/upload speed?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx