gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 04:36:44 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  everything times out
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: everything times out  (Read 6430 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: everything times out
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 02:24:41 pm »
For anyone with the 2wire.. there is a good guide here:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2700HG-B/WinMX.htm

I also have this same router/modem so if you have any questions about its set up just ask them here and I can provide you with screen shots if needed.. but im still quite worried this maybe ISP interference from AT&T   :(

Setting it up as i mentioned above will help us determine if its the ISP or the router causing the problem... so its a good idea to try what i mentioned in my previous post for testing.. then set the ports up and test that way too

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 03:00:49 pm »
I'm running with winmx3.54beta4- does that mean it already has the group patch with it? Also you indicate to uninstall and delete peer guardian? No prob. just wanted to be clear. Thanks and regards .......tylefouryou

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 06:29:48 pm »
The pie patch offers no protection against fake files in searches and from flooders connectiog to you when you are in primary...
Also, peerguardian has the winmxgroup caches in the blocklist inluding i believe this forum as well

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 07:16:01 pm »
Tylefouryou,

If you have the words 'Patch Operational' in your update bar located just above the Networks button, then we cant be sure your running the correct patch.  If its blank or says Please be patient then its a pie patch and you should reinstall from here

www.winmxgroup.com

The download on the front page is for WinMX v3.54 beta 4.  Yes, you should uninstall peerguardian with the WinMX Group patches you dont need it.. we maintain the best block list available for WinMX and the WMG patch uses it.

march

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2007, 01:22:27 am »
this did not fix the problem with my uploads l

march

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2007, 01:58:30 am »
never mind they just started working again yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline auhgra

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2007, 03:47:57 am »
YEAH!!!!!!  I got mine working again too.  It took some doing, going around my elbow to get to my knee but, it IS done.  Up/downloads/search, everything is working.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2007, 04:12:51 pm »
* Me Here joins in the celebrations...

YAY too...lol

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2007, 05:53:46 pm »
 :thumbs:Great for you aughra!
Anyway Let me get this straight.My winmxv3.54beta4 does indeed say please be patient v3.4. Do i need to uninstall all versions of winmx to reinstall the new one? or just install new one over the top of the old ones. it does NOT say patch operational.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2007, 04:18:20 am »
I believe that the pie patch does have a uninstall option in the add/remove programs.
You can uninstall the pie patch like that and reinstall winmx from www.winmxgroup.com .

Click on the "download now" button and install winmx.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline markenya

• Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 07:19:54 pm »
Hi there, i have been using winmx for years with no problem, but i have the same problem now as the others in this thread, some of my uploads start then they just time out, some start with good speeds then die to oo, others are very slow then get about half way downloaded and then die, none of my uploads ever completer, i am using xp home with sp2, i use mcafee which is set to allow winmx full access, i use a linksys wrt54g ver 6 router which is set up ok, and my modem is Motorola Surfboard SB5101, i have changed the ports in winmx to try different ones but  still the same result, i love winmx and don't want to change, so any help greatly appreciated, i use ver3.54 beta 4, with patch operational, i don't have peer guardian.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 09:15:48 pm »
this can be a problem with some ISPs Shawcable being one of them, i don't at this time know of a solution for the shaw customers affected other than changing internet provider.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline markenya

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 09:38:34 pm »
That is probably the problem then as i am with shawcable.

Offline atnurse

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »
Help!! I have some trouble with downloads but some make it, all of the uploads time out and I would like to share. My connection is DSL, I use XP Pro, my modum is Efficient Netwoks part #060-5360-002,  I have Linksys broadband router 204 GHz (wireless) WRT54G V5.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 12:29:48 am »
try visiting http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54Gv5/WinMX.htm and following the instructions...
if that fails then i suggest a visit to the help chatroom, as it's possible your modem is also a router, which would complicate matters
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2007, 12:32:08 am »
Im also a bit leary of your ISP Atnurse.. if the IP info i have is correct your with AT&T.. and we've had an onslaught of complaints of this sort of problem with users of their service.. although im not sure they have reported back to us so that could mean two things.. its true that AT&T is stoping them working or they have resolved the problems and not posted back.. considering the number of reports i fear the prior of the two.. :(

Offline atnurse

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 06:41:40 am »
( to  Correct info on Router it is 2.4GHz) I'm not with AT&T I am with direclyx I have used WinMX for some time and always had upload problems and some download problems, even when I was with swbell.com. I have downloaded the patch to prevent fakes and listened to advice.  until I had a computer error tonight that caused a crash. I could at least sign on!! I'll go to the router site and see if that helps. Both router and modem are set up correctly. I may have to just go with Limewire but it is slow (does have a good smut filter tho!!!)

Offline atnurse

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 08:26:06 am »
Router site not helpful

Offline atnurse

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 08:42:21 am »
I did some tweaking with Fresh UI I don't know if that did it or not but everything started working and some people are even downloading. Thanks for the input!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 04:12:46 pm »
The important thing is you seem to be operating better.. im curious tho..

Fresh UI? 

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  everything times out

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx