gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 04:35:41 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  everything times out
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: everything times out  (Read 6429 times)

Offline auhgra

• Forum Member
everything times out
« on: June 02, 2007, 06:43:34 pm »
 :(  I have tried everything possible, downloaded the newest version of winmx, have all my ckeck marks in the right place but, all the uploads and downloads time out.  This has been going on for close to 1 month now.  What do I need to do to get things going again? 

My system:  Microsoft windows XP,  home edition, dsl line.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: everything times out
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:06:27 am »
Hi auhgra,

When you say latest patch that could mean a couple of things since there are two connection fixes.

First suggestion is to go here make sure your on the 'right latest patch'  The one that filters fakes from your searches and keep the RIAA from using you to upload those fakes.

You can get it from here:
www.winmxgroup.com

Next make sure that your connecting OK.  The light on the networks page is green.  If not then go to the firewalls your using and remove WinMX from the allowed programs or exceptions and restart it. Let it ask for permission again and say Yes.

Post back here if you still have problems.

Offline auhgra

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 03:35:53 pm »
I did what you said, it didn't work.  Then I removed all of winmx from my computer files and re-installed from the website (winmx v3.54 beta 4, patch operational) but it still doesn't work.  All up/downloads go into "waiting for incoming connection" and then time out.   

My settings are:  Internet connection: DSL
                        Outgoing TCP Connection:  Don't use proxy server
                        Incoming TCP Connection: Listen for port 6699....

changing these settings doesn't help either.  If I do I get nothing, not even a search result. 

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 06:48:38 pm »
I had i simular problem i changed the posts used to 6690 instead of 6699 and 6250 instead of 6257 and deleted the firewall rules and started winmx told my firewall to let winmx use the net and it worked fine try it and tell us if it works or not
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 09:33:43 pm »
I suggest a visit to the help chatroom, but for the time being until you get things (i suspect your modem) configured, i'd suggest the following settings

Outgoing TCP Connection:  Don't use proxy server
                        Incoming TCP Connection: Unable to ......
                        In/Out UDP Packets: Unable to......

After a restart of winmx you should be functioning, except with users set the same way, then simply visit WinMXWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE & ask for help forwarding ports
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline auhgra

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 04:25:05 am »
as I said in my previous post, if I change the settings like you suggest, I get nothing.  No uploads, no downloads and no search results.  I will do what Zero_Cool suggests and see if that will work.

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 02:52:30 pm »
I've got the same issues going on except that when i switch to secondary- i can get search results and download songs but uploads time out. not fair too other users. I switched the ports like the previous post said-only switching them in winmx. I haven't forwarded the new ones because i followed the tutorial for port forwarding then accomplished it through westell 6100 site then ran port test from this site it still said the tcp was closed. readjusted port numbers again. then just spent 2 hours with tech support at verizon dsl to get my system up and running again by restoring defaults which effectively removed i believe, all changes to ports i made. help? thanx for your patience oh gurus of winmx. j.l. aka tylefouryou

Offline auhgra

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 03:08:02 pm »
I have done the same.  Changed settings, changed things in my system and I do now get search results and can upload but, the downloads still time out.  I can use both primary and secondary to do what I want to do, but like you said, it is unfair to the other users that all their uploads time out. 

I have done all I could to change this.  Don't know what else to do.

KM

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 04:47:03 pm »
if you haven't forwarded them in the router then there is absolutely 0 chance of any uploads ever working... if you at least forward it then there is more chance of it working (as there is 1 less thing blocking it), then if it still doesn't work the most common things to check for are a secod router many people have a NAT router they bought, plus their ISP gives them a modem with NAT router built in), in which case both need configuring, or failing that check firewalls etc

if all else fails just set it to unable to accept connections and winmx will use outbound connections to the other users whenever it can (and just fail the times it can't, instead of failing all the time)

Warlock619

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 08:25:32 pm »
I have been sharing with zero issues for years, and just this morning I have no one in my queue except the 5 downloading from me, and everything I'm in line for just times out when I'm next.

Checked MxMonitor, and nothing out of the ordinary there.  I don't know - maybe a reboot is in order.

Warlock169

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 11:35:43 pm »
UPDATE: Just in case, I rebooted and changed my login name slightly.  I should have done one first, then checked, but I rushed.  Everything works fine now.  Maybe the result of a dynamic IP changing?  Never happened to me with Comcast, but Verizon is full of stuff that doesn't make sense.

I read a thread about etiquette, and realized I may have inadvertently got myself blocked from queuing-up too many things from one person at one time.  Didn't mean to be a hog!

Offline auhgra

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 04:21:25 am »
I have been using winmx for years too.  Had issues occasionally but nothing like this one.  I do not have Verizon I have ATT, DSL, just changed from cable.  Somewhere along the line it screwed up my winmx.  Don't talk to me about routers, I have NO idea what you are talking about.  Never had to deal with it before anyway.  I really like people coming in and getting the songs I have in my file but at the rate it is going, no one can.  I am really thinking about dumping winmx and going with LimeWire or someone else. 

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 07:02:57 am »
Modems allow you to connect to the internet
Routers allow many computers to connect to the internet via the same connection...
See for a box near the comp with glowing lights, someof which usually fliker

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 12:03:51 am »
auhgra

I suspect that its something simple and that we can help you.. as Sam mentions if you could look for that box.. its the modem and tell us what model and brand name it has on it.. may have to check the underside to know for sure the model and brand.. maybe we can talk you through the settings you need.

Alternatively you should be able to go into WinMX settings > Incoming TCP .. set this to unable to listen on...
Then look at In/Out UDP in settings.. and set it the same way.. Unable to Send or Receive ....

Restart WinMX and let me know if this works.. its not the ideal situation but if your seriously uncomfortable with messing with the modem this will work for about 80-90 percent of users and allow you to connect.

2wicked4u

connection issues
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 02:32:17 am »
i'm hoping you guys would please help me out i recently upgraded my modem (DSL) through AT&T and i am having problems with people trying to upload from me and my download speeds are alot slower than usual especially since i just upgraded  my dsl package to the elite package that's offered by AT&T. Here are my specs i am running windows xp home sp2, my connection is dsl, and my new router  is the new 2wirerouter thats offered by AT&T (MODEL#2701HG-B).............PLEASE  HELP ME!

march

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 04:01:54 am »
i am having the same problem everything times out. i had my in/out set to unable to listen. the problem started so i was told to change to the below port numbers, it worked for 3 days, i even tried the other port suggested, i have had no problem searching and now back to where i was, also i have gone to the room, admins, and the online help i am out of options help plz . runnung windows xp sp2 connection dsl router with at&t modem westell 6100

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 11:21:13 am »
Im seeing a pattern here.  Im not ready to say for sure its AT&T doing this to all of you.. but it would seem that its the case by looking at the posts.. 

The last three posters here all have the same ISP although not the same modem.   That is not a good sign.. :(

What I'd like all of you to do for me is this.. Go to WinMX Settings > Incoming TCP >  Set this to 'Unable to listen on....'  Then go to In/Out UDP and do the same thing.. set that to 'Unable to Send or reveive ...'

Restart WinMX, and then see if the uploads still fail.  If they do fail.. to they turn green but never really start any speeds ( 0.00) then time out?  Or do they never turn green and time out.. or do they start fine with ok speeds then die to 0.00 and time out? 
Post back here your results

I really hope its not AT&T traffic shaping or blocking WinMX but its starting to sound like this may well be the case. :(

Offline auhgra

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 12:51:53 pm »
I do believe you are right.  I have taken a closer look at my moden and it is a ATT 2wire.  I have gone to their website (www.2wire.com)and this modem imposes a firewall in itself.  The website does tell you how to change the setings so you can file share but, I don't have the same tabs they are talking about.  I will call them today and get better instructions.

As to the downloads timing out, they go into, "waiting for incoming connection" (green) and from there "time out" (red).  They never connect.

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 01:03:01 pm »
Well I've got good news to report on my end. It seems my Winmx is able to work on both primary and secondary now. I've kept after it, changing ports, enabling etc etc. checked and rechecked, made sure I had updated pie patch and one thing that may have been the cause was i uninstalled my older version of free Zone Alarm. Possible culprit? But now I have to find a personal firewall for my system and thats gonna be fun because my operating sustem is the antiquated windows me which is not even upported by microsoft itself. So downloads and uploads are now working on my side, however I wanted to find out about that settings option that says when there are 2 or more uploads change open nap connection speed to 14.4? Can this be adjusted up to give my uploaders a better transfer rate or should I leave that setting alone? My advice to auhgra is to stay patient, keep after it and dont give up. We got a great group here that helped me get it going again. I'm a tilesetter not a computer guru, so if I could get mine going, I have faith your next.
Thanx to the super tech's and their advice. tylefouryou

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 02:10:04 pm »
Tyle, I'd recommend that you use the winmxgroup patch as it is the only one that effectively blocks flooders.
select the version of winmx you'd like https://www.winmxgroup.com
Go to the downloads section at the top and get the multiversion patch for 3.53 or 3.31.

Read more about it here:
Why blocking is needed: https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/fake_file_info.html
How to filter : https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/filtering_fakes.html

Comparasion between pie patch and the winmxgroup patch : https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=3598.0.html

If you have it, uninstall and delete peer guardian. read why here: (look at Me Here's first post)
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4113.0.html

Any questions, you can ask here or come to the winmxworld helproom
WinMxWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the firewall, you can get sygate, which is free and works great with winmx and also consumes lesser resources than most other firewalls.

If you don't use opennap, then you might want to forget about that option. Although I'd recommend that you untick and keep it just in case you'd ever want to try opennap...

basic guide to opennap : https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/opennap.html

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  everything times out

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx