gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 02:36:46 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  how do i run winmx on a proxy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how do i run winmx on a proxy  (Read 2183 times)

Offline gts500

• Forum Member
how do i run winmx on a proxy
« on: June 11, 2007, 03:49:02 pm »
hi....i love winmx.........heres the problem.......i have a 56k dialup connection.........i have found that the only way to surf the net is by running internet explorer or firefox on a proxy.......is i dont use a proxy then i am very often getting page errors (page can not be displayed) .its like im not even connected to the net sometimes......but when i enter a proxy server into firefox or IE then i have no problems...and my download speed is always pretty steady........now when i run winmx and download a file my download speed will vary from anywhere from 5kbs down to 1kbs.......when im downloading my speeds jumps up and down and will always stop and time out........sometimes when i try to connect to winmx it will take ages to connect....also sometimes i have been chatting in a room and gone back and checked my network connection to find it flashing yellow....but yet i am still chatting to ppl in a room .surely if it wasnt green i shouldnt be able to still chat away.....???? also i have found that at about 3am in the morning my download speed is quite fast on winmx....possibly because the internet provider is at its quietest.....but anyway.i am certain that if i can run winmx on a proxy (a free one) then my connection speeds will be solved...i have asked many people about how to run a proxy through winmx and nobody can help me....PLEASE, i have come here to beg for help....please tell me how to run MX on a free proxy server...many mnay thanks in advance....i am running the latest winmx v3.54 beta 4

Thans....GTS500

KM

Re: how do i run winmx on a proxy
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:54:33 pm »
in settings you can set a SOCKS proxy to use for outbound connections, however in that case you won't get things like fake filtering... you of course need a SOCKS proxy and not the more common HTTP proxies (which as the name implies only work for HTTP - web pages)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  how do i run winmx on a proxy

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx