gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 08, 2024, 02:40:31 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  sharing files
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: sharing files  (Read 2077 times)

Offline tonyhgv

• Forum Member
sharing files
« on: June 15, 2007, 08:19:13 am »
 :D hi everbody.....i have been using winmx for quite a long time and think its excellent...the only problem is i am not sure if i am sharing my files with other users...so how can i be sure that others have acsess to my music..i think that all the boxes should be GREEN but this is not always the case, and to click each box gren would take forever..thanks

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: sharing files
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 10:25:13 am »
By default all mp3's are shared upon adding them to your library.
All the files show a grey check mark,you can easily change them to show
as green if you prefer.Click + to expand the file list...
click the top file once...... hold shift and scroll to the bottom file using the scroll
bar and click on the bottom file.Now right click anywhere in all the highlighted
files and hold mouse on share..... 3 options will appear
,choose the middle option shared... all your files will
now be green.

Also,do you not see users in your uploads on the transfers screen?
that would definately tell you that your files are being shared :p

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 02:42:32 pm »
browsing yourself is also an option :P
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline SDL365

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 05:49:36 am »
My problem is with people who will not share with you because to them you are a leech if you have less than 200 files to share. Since I have only about 160 or so, gues that makes me undesirable to some other users.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 08:18:12 am »
It is unfortunate that some users set mxm or leechammer restrictively, about the only things possible are to try messaging such users & politely suggest they review their settings, in the light of the fact not all users arrive on winmx with a huge selection of files to share and that those who share predominantly video are unlikely to have the disk space to share large numbers...

Unfortunately most of the anti-leech tools also have auto-ignore settings, so messaging might not be an option, as you won't know you don't meet the user's opinion of sufficient share till after those tools clear & ignore you..

Apart from the above, the only other thing possible is to build your share up over time till you stop running into these barriers.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Micromecca

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 12:01:38 pm »

not neccesarily, you try browsing yourself now you are behind your new router alice

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 06:33:38 am »

not neccesarily, you try browsing yourself now you are behind your new router alice

should there be a problem :P

coze my browses are comming up just fine...even behind my new router :P
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 07:35:21 am »
it depends on the router make & model, those same routers (not all) that force hosts to enter their bots using a loopback address also prevent self-browsing
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 08:48:55 am »
it depends on the router make & model, those same routers (not all) that force hosts to enter their bots using a loopback address also prevent self-browsing

i got me a SPIFFY cool router hehehe :P

a linksys WRT54G

have to say im well pleased with it ... speed of my up and downloads aint gone down or nothing...and.....AND :P  i have a MARTY who helps me out with understanding how the ruddy thing works...what more could a girl want ;)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  sharing files

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx