gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 02:52:20 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  I need help to get back some video files back up that I accidentally deleted
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I need help to get back some video files back up that I accidentally deleted  (Read 4629 times)

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
I need help to get some video files back up that I accidentally deleted . I did not mean to delete those file types . I accidentally deleted these file types . And I do not know how to put them back up . I did a scan for Media . But I'm not sure why my WinMX can not find any files types like those file types below . And I do have lots of videos with those file types below . But my WinMX can not find any . So can anyone help me please ?

Video (.asf.wmv.mpg.avi.mpeg.vob.VLC)

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
If you add any kind of file to your nero folder,even an mp3 and then refresh all... once your done that
right click once on that mp3 file u added and follow the arrows in the order below
Folder>Filetypes>Video>  Click on video

Not sure if it'll work but worth a try

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
i'm not a 3.54 (still 3.53)user, but my approach would be remove the folder involved completely from being shared, then re-add the folder, it should come back with all the default types there
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
i'm not a 3.54 (still 3.53)user, but my approach would be remove the folder involved completely from being shared, then re-add the folder, it should come back with all the default types there

How do I do that . The folders are still there that has all of the videos files . But the folders in my WinMX Library says that there are not any videos in any of the folders . What does that mean ?

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
In "Library" click on remove folder and remove all the folders u are sharing right now...

then in "Library" click on add folder and re add the folders that were there before...this should be enough to get them back into your library with the proper extentions.

just in case...close winmx after unsharing the folders...then reopen and reshare...im pretty sure this will work ;)
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
In "Library" click on remove folder and remove all the folders u are sharing right now...

then in "Library" click on add folder and re add the folders that were there before...this should be enough to get them back into your library with the proper extentions.

just in case...close winmx after unsharing the folders...then reopen and reshare...im pretty sure this will work ;)

Should I remove the folders that has the video files as well ?

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
Would this work you think If I remove WinMX from my PC and reinstall WinMX ?

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member

remove ALL your shared folders ....close mx....reopen mx....reshare your folders !

and why whould u want to delete and reinstall mx ? i see no sence in that... try what i mentioned first ;) im pretty sure that will solve the issue at hand....never jump into the deep end of the pool unless your sure u have to !

Mizz
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
Right click on Nero Folder,   then select Filetypes,   then next menu u can select video.

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member

remove ALL your shared folders ....close mx....reopen mx....reshare your folders !

and why whould u want to delete and reinstall mx ? i see no sence in that... try what i mentioned first ;) im pretty sure that will solve the issue at hand....never jump into the deep end of the pool unless your sure u have to !

Mizz

Well I did like you said but it's still not showing any video files at all .

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
Like this

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
Oh I see . I will try that . So what do I do ? Do I unshare the video files ?

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
Just Click on Video, that will share them.

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
Well I did that as well . The video types are showing up . But the videos are still not showing up . So what do you all think it wrong ?

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
When you say u deleted the videos, did you actually delete them or just unshare that file type.

Are the actual videos still inside the Nero folder when you open it.

Also hit Refresh All at the top of Library.

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
When you say u deleted the videos, did you actually delete them or just unshare that file type.

Are the actual videos still inside the Nero folder when you open it.

Also hit Refresh All at the top of Library.

I did not delete the videos . I accidentally deleted the file types . Now the file types are showing up . But the video files are not showing up

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
Refresh All

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
I did that . Just the Audio and the Pictures are showing up . I wish I did not accidentally delete the video file types . Be for I accidentally deleted the video file types it was working just fine

Offline briandurant2002

• Forum Member
All of the videos I have they are in my My Music folder that's where they are . And my Music folder is in my My Documents folder

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  I need help to get back some video files back up that I accidentally deleted

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx