gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 04:38:13 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  KM And Winmx Going Offline
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KM And Winmx Going Offline  (Read 4588 times)

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
KM And Winmx Going Offline
« on: June 29, 2007, 09:31:33 pm »
So, do you know why KM done what he did yet?

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
Re: KM And Winmx Going Offline
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 10:06:05 pm »
https://www.winmxgroup.com/

Official Statement (29/06/2007):

Today I have closed down.

This decision took a while to come to however eventually it was made to terminate operations as of today. Advanced notice was given to others to prepare for this however they chose not to act on this which has caused much panic, hence this announcement.

When frontcode decided to pull the plug on WinMX I took over operations from them and continued to keep WinMX running, and made some improvements along the way, however this has not been without hassle. At every step of the way there have been people constantly doing everything they can to work against me trying everything they can to make as much hassle as possible.

I have continued to put in my time and effort despite this because at the end of the day the winmx community was worth it. Lately however there has been nothing worth saving, the once great community has mostly fallen in to people arguing and fighting, and even the small pockets of the community I used to be able to go to for a bit of fun and to relax I now can't - if it's not someone complaining it's someone pestering for answers to something. It's quite simply not something I see any point in putting my effort in to saving any more.

In case anyone is wondering why I have come to this conclusion that it's not worth it, I suggest you read peoples reactions to this closedown. If you think it's selfish of me to want to spend my free time doing something I want to do instead of what you want me to do for you, and if you think it's selfish to want to spend what little spare money I have on myself instead of spending it all on you, then you are exactly the reason that this has happened. If however you think it's perfectly reasonable for me to do whatever I want to with my time, you are apparently in the minority.

--King Macro, Head of WinMXGroup Operations

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 10:56:37 pm »

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 11:50:13 pm »
considering hes a bit like atlas holding the world of winmx on his shoulders i cant say i blame him....

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 01:04:01 am »
Lmfao.. So what now?

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 09:42:42 am »
Someone else takes over the patch and Caches thats if KM shutsdown the servers
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 11:04:29 am »
He could of at least waiting for sumone else to keep winmx online..

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 01:12:41 pm »
What's done is done... now lets see if we can pull together as a community and do what we can to assist people to get back online. 

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline sandy028601

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 08:11:50 pm »
Hi as a user  of Winmx for a number of years untill  it had went offline the first time i was sad and mad at the same time no warning about RIAA clamming to have it shut down, or else.  i dont know about you all but i have to say that Winmx was the best  file sharing program that i ever used, i didnt have to worry about spyware or anything in that nature  or incorrect songs. it was the best, now having frontcode pulling the plug on it  for the second time. it made me think why put someone in the middle because they have a better ideal what the site needed? i feel sad for  KM. I  hope that when everyone calms down  i really do hope that it would be up and running peramently. i was having problems with my computer  yesterday  i want to installed the patch, i was shock to see the patch wasnt  no longer up  does anybody has an ideal of where i could find a patch  of winmx
 ty
Sandy

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 10:03:39 pm »
You can find a temp patch for winmx here:

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4984.0.html

Thanks.

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 11:15:12 pm »
km made a decision yestreday to step down/ retire/ his activities from winmx for his own reasons...........
some folks will agree with them some wont, but whats done is done................
the good news is winmxworld have caches and a patch with inbuilt blocking of there own, which wil be avalable pretty soon its just being tested, in the mean time there is a temp fix to get anyone who isnt re connected which has been posted futher up in this topic.......
it should be noted that neither km or winmxworld or even pie are related in any way to frontcode...........
what happined yesterday was unfortunate but things do happin, winmx will always go on as there is no shortage of people to carryon the good work and continue to poke RIAA  and the cartel in the eye.............
so happy winmxing................

Offline Eddy Belly

• MX Hosts
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 10:14:46 am »
Once Again i find myself indept to the guys here at Winmxworld. Thanks for all your help and keeping us updated on fixes

Keep up the great work and helping to keep the Comunity together.

Eddy Belly
Host : Karaoke Chatterbox
The 11th Comandment....... Thou shall't not stop sharing .........

Offline sandy028601

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 01:40:10 pm »
hi guys,
thanks for all your help. i went the link that was provided on here to my surprised it didn't work I'm techially how we shall put this um i have to clue as to do zip files lol its ok you can laugh learning the  computer is trial and error with me however, i found a patch of winmx  by accident yesterday while teaching my sister how to download and burn songs from her new computer. once  i got the patch and did alot of praying while installing it.  it work!  i agree with eddy  "11th commandment... thou shalt not stop sharing"!   
thanks
sandy

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 04:01:15 pm »
H Guys

We have 4 rooms working on the situation atm..

The addys are

Movie Junkies.·:¤MJ¤:·._629A2448FFFF
WinMXWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD5BABE
THE HOT TUB_29DBB54C1A29
A MUSIC SPECTRUM _9DFA8B401A23

To get into these click chat in winmx. Than copy and paste one of these addys into it and click join.

This is the best of working out what is going on.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 10:05:33 pm »
Yep, if you pop in my room, im usually there or just lurking.. So if no-one talks just pm me..

I'm always happy to help.

Movie            Luvshak_446706520550

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 04:58:03 am »
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline Club

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 08:50:20 am »
Well, hat's off to KM for all of his work to date - and thanx to those still working to keep Mx alive.

So far I have only tried pasting the hosts list into my hosts file - that worked fine. 
I see a new version, which overwrites the existing hosts file, has already been released. 

As I have custom entries in my hosts file, I would rather not have it overwritten. A work around for this
would be to copy the current hosts file to a back up, run the install, then copy and paste entries from the
backup file to the new hosts file. 

Thanks agains - and good luck to all still trying to connect.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 08:57:45 am »
Hi Cub

We now have a downloadable patch that is filtering the fakes.

Please go here

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/connection.html

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 04:52:35 pm »
Yep, there is a new patch released, so for anyone still having connection issues. Please download the new patch.

The new patch can be located at: https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/connection.html

Or can be downloaded from here:

*EDIT to remove old patch links* (Micro)

Thanks for keeping WinMX alive!

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 03:16:30 am »
So, do you know why KM done what he did yet?

well to b honest can ya blame him, hes took enough shit on mx, as it is im confused over patches at this time, groups need to work together not fight with each other as it only leads to situations like this, i just hope the next time we fall we have someone like him to help out again to keep our little community going (winmx needs all the help it can get ) instead of fighting maybe work together to make it stronger .

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  KM And Winmx Going Offline

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx