gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 08, 2024, 03:01:01 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  WinMX is down because...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX is down because...  (Read 2505 times)

Offline abuser

• Forum Member
WinMX is down because...
« on: June 29, 2007, 11:43:36 pm »
June 29, 2007  WinMX has been shutdown.  I will miss WinMX.  I don't blame our host for his frustration and his desicion to halt!.  Complaints are justified.  Users like  Jules,  Bass Ackwards, Khufu, Jaslave, etc.,  along with other strict file sharers have truly messed up this sharing program.  Guidelines should have been put in place before these idiots made there own rules. Many users choose to  allow only 2 to 3 files per user with no exceptions.  Leechammer would automatically ignore you if you exceeded this total.  I've been sharing since the beginning and was open to anyWinMX  fellow users demands.   I have been unfairly ignored countless times because of these restrictive limits.   Perahps the next individual who kickstarts WinMx again could eliminate leechammer options and provide a more file sharing environment for all users.

Offline p-nut72

• Forum Member
Re: WinMX is down because...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 11:58:39 pm »
WELL SAID! I've been a member of the winmx community for a number of years and have never used third party bots. I do restrict number of uploads per user via settings but will manually start others who allow me to download when I'm ATK. I do think I'm taken for granted sometimes tho by users who would, as you say, unfairly ignore.

Offline termite

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 12:11:51 am »
Thought I would do my first post here. It's a sad day our WinMX is out of control and a gut feeling tells me it will never be the same again.

Offline p-nut72

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 12:19:12 am »
I have the same feeling. But let's not get too down-in-the-mouth here, at least we're still running! Let's hope there's someone out there who can host this valuable resource on a permanent basis. If I had the time/money, I would put it all into saving this community!

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 03:17:55 am »
hey folks,

Just wanted to stop in, its been a busy day in WinMX as you can imagine.  At this time we have a temporary fix for connection for DLL users.  Its details are located here:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4984.msg31190#msg31190

Some of you might be surprised and the flurry that has been going on in the WinMX Help rooms today but its not unlike when Frontcode pulled the plug however there is an entire portion of the network un affected (pie users) and the DLL users will have a new connection method shortly.  Peoples are working around the clock for you to make sure this happens.. this is no more the end of WinMX then that fateful day when Front code left.

I hope you will help keep other users informed of the news and post if you have any questions

Updated by Stevi 05/26/2011: Updated link.

Offline Matelot

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 03:32:04 pm »
I have the same feeling. But let's not get too down-in-the-mouth here, at least we're still running! Let's hope there's someone out there who can host this valuable resource on a permanent basis. If I had the time/money, I would put it all into saving this community!
Well I cant work the zip so for me its stopped.Is this permanent

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 04:58:33 pm »
hhmm don't give up just jet peeps

matelot dload WinRAR >>HERE<< if thats your problem  :wink:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Alarice

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 08:09:19 pm »
Hats off to the host, great great person! I have been a member of winmx for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeearrs, and it is sad that it has come to this, but lets look to the future, maybe we will have a better winmx to come and one with all the "errors" fixed, I want to give the host a big hug, you are truly one in a million!!  Alarice

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 05:31:38 am »
A new blocking patch has been released...

You can download it from here : https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/connection.html

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 06:44:23 am »
Locked because we're up and running again!  :-)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  WinMX is down because...

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx