gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 19, 2024, 10:17:20 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  KM has quit the mx project, someone else has taken over so dont worry
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KM has quit the mx project, someone else has taken over so dont worry  (Read 2264 times)

K!NGP!N@OZ

Official Statement (29/06/2007):

Today I have closed down.

This decision took a while to come to however eventually it was made to terminate operations as of today. Advanced notice was given to others to prepare for this however they chose not to act on this which has caused much panic, hence this announcement.

When frontcode decided to pull the plug on WinMX I took over operations from them and continued to keep WinMX running, and made some improvements along the way, however this has not been without hassle. At every step of the way there have been people constantly doing everything they can to work against me trying everything they can to make as much hassle as possible.

I have continued to put in my time and effort despite this because at the end of the day the winmx community was worth it. Lately however there has been nothing worth saving, the once great community has mostly fallen in to people arguing and fighting, and even the small pockets of the community I used to be able to go to for a bit of fun and to relax I now can't - if it's not someone complaining it's someone pestering for answers to something. It's quite simply not something I see any point in putting my effort in to saving any more.

In case anyone is wondering why I have come to this conclusion that it's not worth it, I suggest you read peoples reactions to this closedown. If you think it's selfish of me to want to spend my free time doing something I want to do instead of what you want me to do for you, and if you think it's selfish to want to spend what little spare money I have on myself instead of spending it all on you, then you are exactly the reason that this has happened. If however you think it's perfectly reasonable for me to do whatever I want to with my time, you are apparently in the minority.

--King Macro, Head of WinMXGroup Operations

Thanks for putting up with all the crap you did for so long & take care mate and best of luck in the future.
K!NGP!N@OZ

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Agreed! Thanks for everything ya did for us all KM.I don't think many
can complain about the effort you've put forth into bringing winmx
back to life.And i doubt very many of us can really comprehend the hours
and the funds you've spent... we all appreciate it and appreciate that
ya have a life and are wanting to do other things.I wish ya all the best
in the future as well.Buttttt we all know winmx is an addiction and ya
won't be gone 4 long man... or not very far away anyways.... we all come back
eventually don't we? lol   ;)

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
Yep.. Who has taken over?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
No one has taken over, we on this site will of course do our best to take care of this disaster with the help of the community, this site was after set up by users for users, united we stand folks

Offline Jahslave

• Forum Member
Your time & effort has been appreciated. You will be missed, KM. Best wish for your future.

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
Lmao, i like the pic GhostShip.

So, is KM quiting Winmx World.. Or just WinMX?

Offline Gibz

• Forum Member
Thanks for all the time and effort and $$ you put in KM,  it was very nice of you to go to such great lengths to keep WinMx alive...

Cheers mate

(PS:  will your next project be a Torrent Client? )  :)

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
Thanks KM your work is respected by alot of people.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

oldtime

thank you KM. your work has benifitted us all. my your days bring you joy and happiness. job well done.  :-))

Offline killjoy

• Forum Member
Re: KM has quit the mx project, someone else has taken over so dont worry
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 07:10:23 am »
KM- It's unfortunate that you had to spend so much of your own money but I don't understand why WinMX Group doesn't accept donations. I'm on WinMX only one or two days a week but I would gladly donate some of my own $$ to help offset the costs.

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 07:22:18 am »
There is a lot more to the decision than that apparently, killjoy.

I unfortunately know in my own way how KM may be feeling by coming to this decision because I had to make a similar one several years ago. It was a tough and even painful decision to make, but the reasons to leave simply outweighed the reasons to stay, and my love for the work was no longer enough to keep me there. We all move on to better things when they find us.

Thank you everything, KM and best of luck! Come back to visit from time to time. ;)
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 04:55:43 am »
Well the ones who took up the challenge are finished with the big move :)

New patch is available here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/connection.html

Be Good, and thx KM!
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  KM has quit the mx project, someone else has taken over so dont worry

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx