gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 09:38:28 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  need a little help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: need a little help  (Read 1100 times)

Offline fireflygirl

• Forum Member
need a little help
« on: July 08, 2007, 07:02:22 am »
Hi, I haven't been on winmx in months, and it seems things have changed again..  I have an older pc without a cd writer, all of my music is on this pc. I am wanting to transfer files.  I want to dl winmx on new pc and not sure which version to dl.  I was going to use my ipod to transfer files, but my older pc doesn't have room for itunes. I have a flashdrive and when I plug it in to pc, the pc shuts down. so I guess I have to dl winmx on new pc and search for my files on old account and transfer like that. any advice for this?

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: need a little help
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 08:48:28 am »
you could use a network cable and use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard go to the addy below and all will be explained

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/getstarted/bott_fstw.mspx

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:10:52 pm »
I'd recpmmend that you get a crossover cable. They are cheap adn great for transferring files between pc's. Also try if possible to find the reason for the pc shutdowns...

A better solution is to unplug the hdd in your old pc and connect it to the new one.
Then transfer the files on to the new pc.
You can google up tutorials for any of the things I just mentioned. (That's how I foound out too :P )

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline fireflygirl

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 02:09:59 am »
Well I haven't got a cable yet, so I went ahead and just dl winmx on my laptop. I went to a chat room with both accounts(my old one from old pc and my new one) I browsed my files and tried to dl. But it never would connect. So I am thinking I am not on the same network or something like that? How can I get this done like this?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 03:54:23 am »
If both your pc and the laptop are connected to the same router, then you sometimes may not be able to download from yourself. This is inhibited by the router which does not allow loopback connections

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 07:29:02 am »
Also if your on a router besure to open ports on that router, if you dont and you try to download with both WinMX's set to Unable in Incoming TCP and In/Out UDP thats called 'passive secondary mode'  the Two PCs wont be able to download from each other.  If when you try you see a message that says: 'Both Users Firewalled' this means the above situation is true.  Forward the ports for at least one PC or the Lappy and try them again.

If you need help with forwarding those .. post back with your router name and model.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  need a little help

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx