gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 06:47:52 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  thanks for the VIRUS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: thanks for the VIRUS  (Read 4007 times)

pantherwest

thanks for the VIRUS
« on: July 11, 2007, 07:16:00 pm »
I downloaded your patch and it came with a Trojan Virus incorporated into it. 

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: thanks for the VIRUS
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:34:58 pm »
Care to give the name of the trojan? Also which file was it.

I have personally seen an issue with avast where is reports the settings.dat as a virus, never anything else. I believe it is ebcause of the encrypted settings in the file.
Still I have never had an instance or heard of one where the patch was a trojan.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 09:21:32 pm »
its not a trojan or a virus its the fact the patch alters the host file to make winmx connect to the correct caches hence some security picks this up as a intrusion into program files & alerts you to this fact by letting you know in the only way it can by saying there is a trojan/virus (due to the fact some security progs only have these 2 options to choose from to alert you)
its the same kind of thing that happens sometimes if you install different security whilst already running one they see it as a intrusion and alert you to it by way of saying there is a trojan trying to load/intercept files on your pc
no biggie but perhaps wise to warn ppl to this who d/load the patches in future so as to avoid panic (as i have seen concerns like this a few times lately on the forum)  :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:12:10 am »
some outdated scanners & av software also pick up executable files packed with upx.. which the scripting tool used does.. please check your av is right up-to-date
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 09:30:10 pm »
Non of our patch's contain virus's.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 10:42:13 pm »
thinks to himself by the lack of reply to the original post it was just a malicious attempt against the new patch anyway  :D

Offline Song

• Forum Member
    • Peaches' Place
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 02:36:48 am »
I didn't have a hint of trouble with it.  I use AVG free, which is damn good protection, and free! 
~ When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and life stands explained.  ~ Mark Twain ~

| Peaches' Place | MySpace | The Nuthouse | POL|

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 03:24:29 am »
Yep, AVG is good. Even though i dont use AVG lol.

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 01:57:26 pm »
just another braindead pie maggot on the stirr.............
since the patch is exactly the same patch that has been in operation for the past two years, only difference is it points to different caches..........
idiots such as panther west forget that tens of thousands of users have downloaded and used this patch with out problem for 2 yrs now but of course hes the only one who detected a trojan..............
there is only ONE patch that contains malware and that is pie.............
since its the only patch that allows the cartel to connect to this network and cause trouble as they do...........
its a pitty pie dont tell users there patch is malware, but then pie are self confessed liars and scammers so i guess we cant expect much from such bottom feeders..............
so pantherwest go back to nobby and report that like him you have been exposed as a braindead pie maggot..................

{MXC}_michael

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 05:21:23 pm »
bughunter ur quite an odd character................lol
ur attitude is quite childish and isnt realy a good reflection on winmxworld........................
and im not actually sure u have a clue what ur going on about either , nobby's pie patch does block fake users from connecting, it uses the same blocklist as winmxworld................
and as i have stated before at what point does a host file become malware ? thats is just a rediculous claim  very rediculous infact.    i dont hear the likes of quicksilver me_here and a few other respected members of this site making those stupid alligations . (Ask Your Self Why).cos they know its bullshit too

and before u say it im not a pie maggot i have nothing to do with them :P

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 06:40:51 pm »
Michael, it may have slipped your notice but Bug, yourself and many others post their opinions here, it often matters not whether their posts are valid or even reasonable but its always best we take a sample of any extreme views, whilst I dont agree with the way Bug broaches the subject of pie it is more likely for the reason that I would like pie and ourselves to agree on some basic issues and engage on making those things happen.

One section of pie is looking to the future and how we can move past the name calling that I fear is born out of two years frustration, one is not and will no doubt disappear into obscurity as their ex-users take up the challenge of being more active in helping expand and deliver facilities to each other for the promise of a more stable and resilient user-network that spans above any group or team, why settle for a second best network when we have the combined power to deliver the best ?

This is always going to be the sensible appoach, but all that aside as long as swear words are not hurled at other posters of an opposing views its really not relevant to censor anyones views or opinions, a community is no different to an extended family and whilst we may all like to sing a different song at times we have the winmx spirit fixed squarly in our thoughts.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 03:01:44 am »
One section of pie is looking to the future and how we can move past the name calling that I fear is born out of two years frustration, one is not and will no doubt disappear into obscurity as their ex-users take up the challenge of being more active in helping expand and deliver facilities to each other for the promise of a more stable and resilient user-network that spans above any group or team, why settle for a second best network when we have the combined power to deliver the best ?
HERE HERE!! couldn't have said that better myself!
As for bug, aka Ice, he is loud in his words, he is invasive sometimes, he is offending sometimes. But in MY opinion I say there is NO MORE knowledgable a person as to a pc or WinMX itself. The proof is in his pudding. And I really don't care who doesn't like him because honestly if you don't like him it's because you haven't taken time to look past all that brashness to a real person. If you had you'd know he's really as good as it gets. And on that note that's my post. :wink:
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Le Wombat

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 03:50:05 pm »
HERE HERE NOOKY

I'd Like To Add My Two Penneth Here. Firstly I Thought That Reply From Bug Was Quite Low Key Compared To some Of His Past Replies (Well Done Bug). Secondly, In My Experience, Most Talented Ppl I Have Ever Met, Have This Quirkiness And Passion, I guess It Comes With The Territory. KM Also Used To Display This Same Passion. Thirdly, If You Read Past All The Colourful
Adjectives That He Uses To Describe Certain Ppl And Things You'll See That He Speaks The Truth.

p.s. Don't Take It Too Hard. The Bug I Think Would Do Ya A good Turn Before He Did Ya A Bad One.

p.p.s NOT RELATED Welcome Back SAM SEE SAM Was Just About To Send Yu A Cheerio And I notice Your Back. Faster Than A Speeding Bullet, More Dangerous Than A Meeting With The RIAA
IS IT A BIRD, IS IT A PLANE : NO IT"S SUPER SAM SEE SAM

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 03:53:54 pm »
Locked as it has now gotten off the topic.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 05:33:33 pm »
Anyone who gets a virus report from the installer, please
first update your definitions/software to the latest version
if you still get a false positive post which AV software you were using & exactly what it identified

this way i can get them to examinre the installer with a view to correcting their detection
i have no fear of what they'll find & can send them instructions to decompile & examine in detail

before anyone else asks, no i won't tell how to do this to just anyone, there's no secrets, i'm simply embarassed by how crudely it's scripted.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
  • I am coming for you, it is only a matter of time!
    • Quakehell
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 01:50:13 am »
I've downloaded stuff from this site theirs completely no Worms,Viruses,Spy ware,Hack ware

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
  • I am coming for you, it is only a matter of time!
    • Quakehell
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 01:50:43 am »
& did u check if u already had a virus & it might of came in the patch

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 10:47:44 am »
This topic is rather old and irrelevent as the person whos tarted have never replied. Just let it be as it is and it will soon be forgotten
He was probably a spammer of flamer cause he didn't back up with proof...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  thanks for the VIRUS

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx