gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:47:33 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  how do you put notes in your files sharing folders?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how do you put notes in your files sharing folders?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline augleo1945

• Forum Member
how do you put notes in your files sharing folders?
« on: July 18, 2007, 12:31:13 am »
how do you put notes in your files sharing folders,so it shows up while a person is brosing? So that others may read and hope fully understand some of the reasons,they are not getting the files they want. I use winmx monitor i find it helpful it weeding out the ones who dont share. Sometimes a simple hello will get you what you want. i im to the point i dont download much anymore just like to look.but i will keep my pc on line for a day or more this helps everybody.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: how do you put notes in your files sharing folders?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 01:00:19 am »
Hi Augleo

Here is how u do it:

Save a blank file through notepad. When you save the file through notepad... have it saying "aaa (here what you want it to be say)". Than go on to bbb etc..
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:13:15 am »
An make sure you are sharing the .txt type files ( enable the text category of files.)

I'd say this is a better method
Make four new txt files and name them as follows :

(((Message)))  Please share
(((Message)))  I have mxmoniter
(((Message)))  You must have atleast 10 files
(((Message)))  Otherwise you will be ignored

Now share them.

Make sure you have the "(" character as it usually hits the top of your list then...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:25:18 am »
Its also important to note, that WinMX wont share an empty file, at least this is my experience in making my own message txt files for browse.  There has to be some contents even if you just puts ..... on a few lines before you save them as the name/message you want read.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 07:31:46 pm »
* Bearded Blunder used to put the entire message in each then add a line stating which line number (so they appear different files).. & name them accordingly...
what Sam didn't mention is it pays to name them (((001.... (((002... etc.. to keep them sorted, else they tend to appear in alphabetical order.. which can make them read most oddly...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline augleo1945

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 11:21:00 pm »
Thanks to all for your help this is what makes the community great.

moonwalker1949

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 09:48:46 pm »
An make sure you are sharing the .txt type files ( enable the text category of files.)

I have gone to settings, and I see all the file types. Does this mean they are being shared.

If not how do you share a certain file type?

I have another question on sharing text files. When I browse my file thru a chat room
I dont see any txt files that are being shared. Btw I am not sharing a blank text file.
Thank you.

moonwalker1949

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 10:33:23 pm »
I just thought of something, I have been out in the sun all day and forgot to ask, do I need
to reboot winmx before the changes take effect??

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 11:01:56 pm »
this applies ti winmx 354 beta not sure on the older versions as its been so long since i used them
go to settings then the library tab click on the add defaults button
then got to your library and at the top will be a list of file types make sure these are ticked also then try rebrowse your files your text documents should show
you should not need to reboot for this (well i never have had to anyway)

moonwalker1949

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 11:36:19 pm »
Ok I tryed that, it did not seem to work. All I get is the audio box . BTW I am running 3.54 beta 4.
I will reboot winmx when my downloads are complete. Will let you know. Thank you for helping

moonwalker1949

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 12:17:44 am »
Here's what i did. I have a folder that has all my music, which is called c:\my music. I made a subfolder called
text files. I added the text files that I wanted to show at top. LOL The box shows up so i could click all the types of extensions that I wanted to share. I then shared my new subfolder text files. But only that folder and not the others which still show just a audio box. If I find a cure I will post, in the hope that maybe someone else could use the information.

moonwalker1949

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 12:36:23 am »
I did find a cure. What I did was to unshare one of my folders, I then added the text
files to that folder. I then added that folder back to my share. To my surprise the box
came up for me to click on the extensions that I wanted to share. The other way was
a no go for me.

Running 354 beta 4
windows xp with sp2

Offline sst75tss

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 12:35:39 pm »
there is also a 'refresh all' button on the top bar above the file list area in your file library tab.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  how do you put notes in your files sharing folders?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx