gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 12:21:08 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  New WCS requests...?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New WCS requests...?  (Read 2280 times)

Offline James420

• Forum Member
New WCS requests...?
« on: August 03, 2007, 09:25:15 pm »
I know it's a bit late to be making any kind of new feature requests. But as I was redoing a lot of the stuff in WCS. I've noticed how much easier things would be with the additions of a few new features. Firstly...I think it would be nice if the server see's a command...say "/icon" sent from a user with the same external IP as the server, or loopback. Then the icon for WCS should be enforced again, it's a real pain when it vanishes. Have to restart the server just to get it back on there, meaning you lose everyone.

Secondly...with the GREAT new addition of the custom commands and the way the server handles everything for bots now. I've noticed, that a new type of notice would prove to be extremely useful. Seeing how if you replace a command that's already part of WCS, you can't send anything to your admins letting them know that someone executed that command. Which is why I think a notice for opmsg and watch cmd's would be awesome. That way you'd still be able to send a message stating that so&so typed /kick w/e and it'd show to users that have the w access. Or say you want to display a message to admins with O that can see opmsg's that tells everyone who kicked who.

These last few additions would be extremely handy to have, and would fix many work arounds that I've had to do for my room. Sending tons of private messages to individual people is a bad method. Specially since those users can change their names, which leaves me with even more to keep up with. So I figured a command such as /opnotice would help fill the gap between these small flaws. Otherwise, the watch cmd's would be useless if you replaced many regular room commands. Only the bot see's it that way.

Offline sIrMoOn

• Forum Member
Re: New WCS requests...?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 09:29:51 pm »
1) wcs's icon vanishing is a bug.  it doesn't need an /icon command; it needs to handle the "TaskbarCreated" message that windows sends out.

2) lack of custom commands in watchcmds is, imho, another bug.  you don't need a new feature, you just need the server to send the watch messages out.

3) is km still even maintaining wcs?

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 09:36:09 pm »
He's in the shadows somewhere. And the icon vanishing isn't a bug. It only vanishes when windows explorer craps out and crashes. When it returns, the WCS icon is one of the few that doesn't return. As for the custom notice commands. I'd much rather have a custom notice command instead of having the server send it's own for custom commands. Or else things won't be all that custom...and damn you're fast at replies.

Offline sIrMoOn

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 01:37:14 pm »
the WCS icon is one of the few that doesn't return

and as i said, that's a bug.  windows notifies every program of when the taskbar is recreated; that's why their icons come back.  all wcs has to do is listen to windows.

i still think new notice commands are overkill, but to each his own heh.

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 02:19:54 pm »
Ah, I had no clue about the icon thing. I guess winmx isn't set to work with it either. And if you was stuck in the same boat as me, you might see why a new notice command would be of use. I'm actually in the middle of replacing my /kick command. So a CustomCommand is sending it to my bot at the moment. I'd like to be able to have the bot do something like "/hidecmd /opnotice %USER% has kicked %TARGET%" so it'd be sent to all of my admins. Instead of having to send a private message to each one. The only way of doing it right now without having to private message everyone, is to use the regular old /opmsg or add a / at the front to send it to watch cmd's. Which will just add the bot's rawname in front. Which would be of no use in most situations. It would clean things up more, make things a lot more easier too. It'd also be better then having it so users could change individual old message replies from the server that are sent as opmsg messages and others. Because then you could make your own, giving you more flexablility in your room.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 08:38:36 pm »
According to KM RC6 of wcs now has a workaround for the icon thingie.

See www.kingmacro.net
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 11:32:01 pm »
I see that, glad he did something about that issues...now I can only hope that he adds the other request I made. Or else I'll be stuck sending out tons of private messages still. Thanks for the update though KM. :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  New WCS requests...?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx