gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 06:27:02 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  I can do everything EXCEPT DL. Help!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I can do everything EXCEPT DL. Help!  (Read 1797 times)

R7610

I can do everything EXCEPT DL. Help!
« on: October 02, 2005, 12:26:47 am »
color=blue]Okay folks,

Here's a new twist for ya! I thought my install of MX 3.53 was buggy so I uninstalled it. Then I got on the net and found all the buzz about WinMX being down, so I searched for a day and finally found a good version of 3.54 and installed it with the patch. Guess what? It wouldn't connect! :(

So I found an old archive and installed an older version with 3.54 and Success! I'm now back in! I can see everything, pm, chat and watch people dl my files BUT I cannot d/l today. Something changed, because I did dl files last night. I had the UDP transactions blocked in my WinMX and everything worked fine. Tried enabling it today, but there was no difference - still can't dl.  :( I've seen the post urging the enabling of the XP firewall, but that is not an option for many reasons. I'm also aware of the fake files and was trying to dl from other members directly - No Dice! :x

So here I am with files to share and no way to get any more. Does anyone have a fix for me? Btw:
Operating system (Windows XP
- Internet connection type (DSL)
- WinMX Version (3.54)
- Secondary connection only
- What make of firewall you have (ZA)
- Router brand and model (none)

Everything worked fine before WinMX went down. I shouldn't have deleted 3.53 :oops:  HELP!
[/color]

applecrisp

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 06:57:58 am »
I'm in too with the patch on version 3.31.  I can see everything, all looks fine, but I haven't been able to download either.  Over and over the selections don't pan out.

And it takes forever to connect.

Any clues?

Thanks, applecrisp

applecrisp

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 07:26:04 am »
P.S.   XP, cable internet, router - but however it's set up it worked before. I don't really understand how to make router/port changes, but it did work just fine before WinMX went down, so it must have been set up okay.  no firewall at this time.  no new settings since the changes with WinMX.

installed patch successfully; WinMX 3.31 shows the message at the top: "Patch Operational."

I hope all gets sorted out soon.  I'll keep watching the forum.  Thanks for having this great board and such great people helping.

applecrisp

applecrisp

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 08:32:47 am »
well, it's about an hour later, and suddenly I am downloading. what changed?  haven't a clue.  I didn't change any of my settings.  I've just been reading forum posts and other pages and sites, checking this and that, making sure my XP firewall was off (it should have been and was), etc.  

I just tried the search again and now I'm d/l'ng.  ????  interesting!  still no uploads, but I'm not going to worry about that at this point.  

I did put in the " -c: -user " on the second line of the search, but I did that last time around too and got no downloads.  that is a cool tip though; so many fewer listings in the searches.  it has to be a good thing.  :)

whew.  thanks to the forum.  just being here provided much support.

applecrisp

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 09:10:11 am »
Original post answered here..

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=3014.0

On that note.. please please keep in mind we are a small team trying to assist everyone we can and multiple posts in all areas makes it very difficult..

Trust me we look at the entire forum when doing rounds.. you wont be left out...

thanks    :wink:

R7610

Interesting! Commands? but still can't DL
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 07:32:25 pm »
Applecrisp,

Thanks for the info, I know that I'm not alone on this one. I think it has to do partially with the peer caches as they are NOT what they used to be. As 'me; put it, they're still trying to recover with limited support and resources. I'm trying to patient but time is running out for me.  :(

Also remember to keep in mind the fake files that are being shared by some jerks who have nothing better to do. Theres a whole thread about that subject here at this site FYI :wink:  
I wonder what did happen to change your situation, as I am not going to spend time to futz with my ports. Got too much going on to play trial and error, so I will try a dl again and see if your change affects me as well!

And 'Me', thanks for being you! :)  I personally think you're nuts, and I like it! :lol:

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 11:42:16 pm »
R7610   :shock: How did you know ?? lol

One thing for sure  the caches have thier issues with getting everyone connected however .. have no effects on downloads..

I understand ppls do have lives out  there in the 'real world' but if your still having troubles just holla as .. well

We dont plan on going anywhere soon...  :wink:

R7610

Oh "Me", oh my...
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 09:42:56 pm »
"Me",

What can I say? You're just too good to me (Uh, I mean me as in myself, not you - i.e. "Me"). :wink: Funny thang is, the day after I posted my last reply - BANG! I can DL! Go fig eh? I think it was just a peer cache issue, and at this stage part of the 'crawl, before you can walk, before you can run' phase. I'm still running into problems connecting though, but that is most likely due to the same problem.

Connecting after three attempts ain't all that bad! :shock: Yuk, yuk, yuk..

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 09:52:42 pm »
Awesome!

Ok so just to be clear your on the .dll patch from the front page right, connection times are really fast with it usually,, instantly on primary and within a few mins on secondary..

:wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  I can do everything EXCEPT DL. Help!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx