gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 12:36:26 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Winmx is now hogging my resources
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Winmx is now hogging my resources  (Read 1443 times)

horseplay

Winmx is now hogging my resources
« on: October 02, 2005, 03:19:32 pm »
hey everyone first post here :D .  basically just like the title says, winmx is working properly although it seems to be using alot of memory usage. anyone else experience this? before this new patch i never had any issues. even while downloading it always remained at just a few percentage points of memory usage. now it jumps all over the place and even at times locks up at 100%.

ive read somewhere that you actually install the new patch in a paticualr folder but i didnt do that. i just downloaded the pacth, opened it, and Winmx started working from there. could this have something to do with it?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 03:57:09 pm »
The new patch is not a runable application alone.  Yes it must be installed on into you C:\program files\winmx  folder

The WinMX is problalbly using a hosts file you had inplace..

Once you place it into the winmx folder do this
Start> Run .. type 'cmd'
then in the DOS box type 'ipconfig /flushdns'
then hit enter and restart WinMX

give er a few minutes and you should be ok..

The resources used have NOTHING to do with the patches at all.. go to settings> WinMX Peer Network> Duty Cycle change this to 40%.. see if that helps you on the cpu usage..

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 05:30:37 pm »
Are you using ZoneAlarm?  I had the same problem and found that the two could not run at the same time.  Had to shutdown zonealarm before bringing up WimMX, solved the problem (it has to do with zonealarms vector engine)  hope this helps.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Winmx is now hogging my resources

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx