gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 07:41:29 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  KM Actions And How They Affect You
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KM Actions And How They Affect You  (Read 10132 times)

Offline carquip

• Forum Member
Re: KM Actions And How They Affect You
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 08:44:38 am »
KM is stuffing us around the same way he stuffed the PIE around.  He is nothing more than a glory hunter in my view.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 11:32:02 am »
Only PIE have claimed KM stuffed PIE around. There is not now, nor has there ever been any proof of KM "stuffing" PIE. Let's keep it to the subject at hand please which is KM allowing his WCS program to flood caches.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 12:58:58 pm »
Only PIE have claimed KM stuffed PIE around.

And now its Ghostship, difference is, THIS time, looks like KM got sloppy and left some evidence.

KM

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 04:36:37 pm »
so your entire explaination for issues then ghost is, and please point out if i have read this incorrectly:

The peer cache software you are using does no checks of its own and has nothing to verify data and is therefore  completely unsuitable to use as a reliable source for a client, and to sum this up "WCS is harming the network" - when neither the network nor WCS were in any way shape or form involved in the problem of the cache being unsuitable...

All ghost has just done is repeat what I have been saying that he is causing the problems by using unsuitable software, and i really can't believe you read his explanation of the problem with the caches then said "oh yes that confirms the WCS problem"... i can only assume you completely ignored what he said and just said "oh a diagram, ghostship must be right in what he's saying i don't need to read it"

I can stick pointless diagrams on a post as well...

Btw, try again with the screen shot of primary traffic - I imagine you probably took a few tries to get a screen shot showing 30% of the traffic to be the invalid traffic from WCS, but I'm sure if you keep going long enough you can probably find a screen shot and trim it down enough to show 40% or perhaps even 50%? btw anyone wondering yes just take the screen shot ghost posted, make a tiny 10 line program, send out that data continuously with random bytes for the ones that change, copy the other bytes, and you can make your very own tool that's 256 times more effective and actually does cause some network damage, don't forget to credit ghost for telling you about it though.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 04:55:45 pm »
So lets be clear your saying its not WCS spamming the network and the peer caches with 1.x.x.x IP, if this is the case frankly your full of s**t.

Dont take my word for this folks  use the Nushi sniffer, a tutorial for how to use it is available, KM thinks your all too stupid to see his anti winmx attacks for what they are, prove him wrong and post your own dumps showing his WCS appearing 50 times when it should be 0 times with such obvious incorrect IP's.

I have been asked to add KM to the blocklist as he is attacking the network and this is under serious discussion atm, it seems asking nicely is ineffectual with this new parasite.

I openly call upon all WCS user to cease using the broken versions that attack the WPN.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 05:08:43 pm »
OooOOoo too right KM .. lets shut the network down so you dont have to fix WCS shall we? 

Wait a minute.. your the one that was boasting about how we wouldn't last a week.. then came in crying about how long it took to get a patch released.. like it matters somehow to you personally how long .. then you came in crying about how you cant connect right.. and lets see then it was oh the caches are not acting right.. now we find out why they are not .. and low and behold your the cause of it.. wow..

The fact is KM you know way too much for your own good the second problem is we know what your trying to do.. make things as unstable as possible to fulfill a prophecy you made.

So your saying that you wont fix your chat server until you can 'be bothered' because its doing exactly what you want it to.. causing problems for ppl trying to salvage what you thought you could destroy with the flick of a switch...

Get over yourself

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 05:17:16 pm »
lol WCS is becoming obsolete quicker then u can say ITS BUGGED..... but ill dl the sniffer and make a screenshot as asked :)

i hope many will follow my lead and take ghost's advice in discarding WCS and moving on to an other chatserver....theres more then enough of them out there....

;)
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 05:19:10 pm »
KM its more than obvious that what you doing is in part or all damaging to the networks running and health, you have been asked countless times to fix it, i have also asked you to close that intrusive site down that you have running from which you branded me a fool.

You are going too far KM we are all tolerating your actions and i for one tried to stay impatial with you but with this obvious damage i can only see the right thing to do is remove use and support of all your do.as.i.say.and.wreck.the.wpn.while.im.at.it.ware.

I did tell you that you was lossing alot freinds, now im another, you down to counting them on one finger now, but then you cant count yourself.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 06:13:13 pm »
KM, I really used to respect you, but I have to say that if you can justify WCS sending false data with "You should be filtering it" then you are not someone to respect.

Your software sending bad IPs does not mean someone's cache is not usable or 'up to par'... It simply means you have faulty software and are being stubborn about fixing it.

That approach is going to make people avoid your creations like the plague and give you the label of 'untrustable' for a long time. Surely that isn't what you wanted as a goal or outcome...

I think you have carried this grudge far enough and what has it accomplished, really? If there is something you have against wmw or it's staff, then why not settle it between you and not make every user of winmx a pawn in all of this?

Fix it.
Seriously.
Just fix it.

Best Regards, and Be Good,
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 06:19:32 pm »
Lets face it from the looks of things here KM just dont give a flying f--k no more about Winmx or its users.
And now he has to try and make it look like it is all someone elses fault.
QUIT using anything to do with KM and get to using something safer.

KM

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 06:44:16 pm »
I even put a diagram explaining it with a summary... how did that not convince you?

I'm not claiming the traffic isn't generated by WCS (something which btw is not something you discovered, it is something i told you - before you even knew there was any odd traffic!), i am pointing out that it's not the problem certain people are trying to pretend it is for their own political purposes.

The peer cache software you are using is not suitable, you can rant and rave and make all kinds of claims, fact is the 2 other types of peer cache software running are suitable and both function correctly, whereas the software you are using isn't functioning correctly, and the closest it does get to functioning correctly is when it is running under ideal circumstances, at which point it is biased towards returning full primaries (which you obviously don't want if you want to actually connect as secondary) - if the creator of a program repeatedly points out it is unsuitable and shouldn't be used exclusively, as well as explaining why this is, and your response is "i don't care i'm using it anyway", then it's your careless attitude that's the problem

if you were using suitable peer caches there would be no issue with caches, and as you appear to be admitting the only actual real effect on anyone else is bandwidth usage for chat servers (notably WCS users), yet you have made numerous other unfounded claims of it causing problems, and I have repeatedly asked you to point out some of these problems and you have replied with "well the software i know i shouldn't be using doesn't work properly just like you said it didn't"... erm...

The simple fact is, there is no actual problem beyond the cache problem you created, shouting about this does give huge risks of future problems, something you were well aware of before you said anything - however you chose to risk future problems purely to throw up enough mud to hide the fact that there is a problem with the peer caches and it's all your fault... you should seriously go in to politics, you have no problem what damage you cause just to make a smoke screen to hide the problems you caused

As for the block list thing, are you making even more threats to be exactly like bluetack? If you don't want to run a block list of flooders, then do not lie to users and publish a list of "flooders + people we don't like" and force your censorship on to users like bluetack have done. If you ever censor who you think is and isn't allowed on the network then you will officially be worse than mxpie and sabre (who has only ever done such censorship in a childish trying to make some point type way to try and break a cache status page), is this censoring dictatorship policy of deciding who is and isn't allowed to use winmx now an official winmxworld policy?

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 07:26:40 pm »
And yet once again we have another fine example of where it COULDN'T BE KM's FAULT!! IT HAS TO BE EVERYONE ELSE's!! I have replied to your mad rant at me in what appears to be "our" very own little thread. To which I will not reply again as I have proven my point dispite you KM. Someone says KM's made a mistake? KM replies with idiotic "I think it's funny" diagrams. Someone says KM made a mistake? KM says their a fucking idiot and need to get a clue. Someone says KM's made a mistake? To which KM says "I told you it was there before you told me it was there!!" I find you hillarious KM in that you remind me of someone else I used to know who was never wrong, no matter the proof, even if you shoved it in their face. And just like that person was told, I will tell you. You had friends here. Real friends. But due to continuous slaps in the face you've made sure they no longer are your friends. You need to take a long look at yourself. Someday you're going to wake up lonely and alone. And just so you know. Friendships are friendships whether they're on here, on the phone, in the mail, or live and in living color. You can't make an ass out of someone in any of those categories and expect them to honestly act as your friend in any of those other categories. And boy, let me tell you. I couldn't have said it better. You ARE full of sh*t.

What I see is there are 2 things going on here. You want out of the responcibility that you didn't ask to have put on your shoulders but got put there anyway. Fine n dandy. Hit the high road bud. You yourself have made sure noone cared if you left. Your other problem is not "unique" in its own self. You want out without it looking like it was your choice or that you were wrong. The network had accepted you wanted to stop carrying the load. You should've left while you were ahead. Now you're just making a big foolish ass of yourself. I have proven my point whether you like it or not. Don't want to be wrong then so be it. You're not. But know that you are only called right because everyone is sick at the thought of you. But in everyone's heart you gave up your right to say you were right with these smacks in the faces of the users of WinMX.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 07:52:33 pm »
QUIT using anything to do with KM and get to using something safer.

Nobby has a whole number of flashback moments.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 07:59:49 pm »
1. slightly increased bandwidth usage by channel hosts (with WCS users the only ones effected enough for there to be any issue, nothing outside of WCS is effected in a detrimental way)

KM, I understand that you and Ghost have your differences but that is not my fight and I dont wanna get involved in it. I dont know you and I dont know Ghost. I'm just a regular room host who can think for herself (i dont need diagrams) and my problem is that I disagree with your statement above this "typo" or "bug" or whatever u want to call it is not just affecting wcs hosts it's affecting all room hosts, especially us poor saps that only have a 1 mb or 2mb connection that can not handle the little more than just slight b/w increase thats caused by this flooding

So, please will you just fix the bug so that i can put my room back on the network?

Laughingman

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 08:18:15 pm »
]2aven   who cares about little whining crap.
go get fx if your so lost idiot / KM isnt causeing any of this this is just cause of the whiners in winmxworld since km pulled out they have nothing else to whine about but blame other ppl for problems as hes been doing ever since this stupid site opened .

if its not pie there whining about its someone else  thats all they do all day . wonder do they even own a job?

its just more bullshit lies from winmxworld  as proven by many in the last short spell as ghost is the biggest liar of them all

so go pout in the bathroom where you belong  * flushed *

[NOTICE: This poster is actually Darkelves the forum spammer folks.]

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 09:27:57 pm »
Funny 'Laughingman' how you are just attacking people for wanting the network to run correctly... and not even offering any proof of anything other than proof you have a childish attitude.

"KM isn't causing any of this" <--um... KM admitted himself that WCS has a bug, and is causing this issue. The only debate is as to how much of an impact it is having. Now everyone else is laughing at how dumb that statement looked, Laughingman.

"so go pout in the bathroom where you belong" <---what, are you like 10years old? You may wanna check with your parents before posting naughty words and make sure it is ok if you look like a fool in public.

To anyone else thinking about posting stupid comments: Please stick tot he topic, and if there is a realistic point to be made, then make it realistically. There have been too many idiots throwing unhelpful comments in like this laughingkid.

And to KM:
Can you not admit that no matter what cache software is operated, that if WCS is sending bad data, it is sending bad data. Period. Sure there can be some debate of whether or not the cache software is the best, but come on! Just fix that bug, and don't add to the problem...
Honestly, can you say that whether or not the software is biased to returning full primaries has ANY bearing whatsoever on whether or not WCS is sending bad IPs?

"the only actual real effect on anyone else is bandwidth usage for chat servers (notably WCS users)" <--are you saying that "yes it is a flaw, but not bad enough for me to care or act on" ???

That is kinda flaky. Perhaps it IS a big problem to some, and maybe you could correct it and solve the whole ridiculous problem. I mean, WOW this is getting stupid! Having to try to convince someone who knows he made something with a problem to fix it! Why hold out, unless you just wanna be a thorn in the side?

ffs, quit justifying the problem and correct it! Any real programmer would be embarrassed to allow something like this to continue to be an issue and revise their creation! Or am I from the old school, and you represent a new breed of coders that don't give a damn anymore?

You have talent and knowledge, no one can deny that. But do you have a sense of programming pride, or a bunch of foolish pride? When I was growing up, the object was to run everything through it's paces and if anything were to peek\poke (lol how many caught the humor in that?) it's ugly head out as a bug, then you were duty bound as a programmer to recode it, remove the bug, perfect your work. Much of that kind of thinking is being lost on RAD tools and snap together crapware. What sort of programmer will you be remembered as? And you can tell yourself that doesn't matter, but if you are a true programmer at heart, then it WILL matter.

Programmer's Code is more than a bunch of 0's and 1's. It means a code of respect for your work. for ANY users out there that fancy themselves programmers, take note of that, and keep that truth into your old age. The earliest beginnings of programming were built on that idea, and if that principle is not passed on, then there will be nothing left but money hungry corporations with a careless product.

Hope this helps

Best Regards, and Be Good,
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 09:39:10 pm »
maybe im just me but if KM actualy fixes the bug...how is that going to help him ? i mean lets face it, for someone who wants nothing to do with all of this anymore...he sure is making sure hes in the picture constantly...if you resent the people here so much then WHY do you even bother coming on a forum u so clearly dislike ?

i think we are all forgetting that if KM actualy would fix the bug ? what would his use be ? what whould he have left to bitch about ? atleast this way he still gets his dose of attention when he needs it.  and lets face it....it might not be the kind of attention he is actualy looking for but hey...its attention non the less...and some people will do anything to get it !
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 11:09:49 pm »
lol I guess KM does have a friend left. It's cool though i'm switching my room over to ouka as we speak. The latest version is free from the attack and has some impressive options. Also, it updates and has a future. By tomorrow I'll be back on the network and free from this "typo" lol. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 12:43:06 am »
Notice:  Removed spam post X6 from Dark Elves posting as Laughingman

Baby Techie Lovely Lisa

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 01:15:46 pm »
I find it sad that having helped save winmx KM is now it appears destroying it.

KM I have used your software for nearly 3 years and had the utmost respect until you brought out 1.85 ad then 1.86 which in my opinion is even worse was it fixed?

I have FX server almost ready so for now it is goodbye to WCS and even if you fix it I will think long and hard before moving back to your software.

WCS will soon be the 'windows 95' of computing............who wants windows 95? (although the difference is windows 95 was a sound program not like WCS)

The time you have spent defending your program KM would have been better spent fixing the issues people are having. If you cant fix it just say....no one will hold it against you.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  KM Actions And How They Affect You

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx