gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 07:59:04 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Answers to questions asked of me
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Answers to questions asked of me  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
Answers to questions asked of me
« on: September 30, 2007, 02:55:43 pm »
This response is in answer to questions by dragonrider in the now locked poll thread here:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=5406.msg36190#new
-----------------------------------------

"how do you offer proof when the proof is hidden in the patch itself?"
Was WCS open source? No. But the problem with it was quickly found.
Again, there is no way you can justify such a claim, as so many people have been trying to debunk KM's work, that surely any thing hidden would have been found, or exposed by now.
We also don't know that there is not an embedded picture of Howdy Doody in there, but are we to assume there must be?
Again, whenever you want to lay some true proof of something on the table, I am sure everyone will be 100% receptive. Until then, you are just pulling worthless claims out of your rear, and accomplishing nothing.

As for your opinion on KM's antics, you are entitled to it, and I cannot change your opinion on that. I don't agree with everyone trying to make him out to be the son of satan, and find some degree of understanding for kids doing kid things with kid perspective. I am not excusing what he did. I am only saying that he is not the same kid, and people grow up. But again, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, as everyone else is.

"If he had already developed the tools and had a peercache in the works why was he telling everybody that they had to find a new p2p? "
I didn't say that he had an entire network of servers set up for the event. Nor did I say he had a fully functional peercache at that time. Just that as I understand it, he was already testing that part of winmx, and had some things to start with. Again, he would have to clarify that to be sure.
And him telling everyone to find another p2p doesn't mean one thing or another except that he felt like it was time to move on.

"And as far as you having a patch ready to go, please do not insult my intelligence. I'm not some wide eyed, no clue, noob. I don't have to be run over by a bull to smell the bullshit. Sell your soap on another corner."
When did I say I had a patch ready to go? As I said, I am NOT prepared to release ANYTHING, or have you read my posts wrong? I am perfectly capable of assessing what I have, and whether or not I will test and adjust things, and run any number of experiments privately in my own time and way. In fact, I didn't make a public announcement that I even had something. Ghost\QS is the one who was a big mouth and announced to the whole world what I had written to the admins alone here. I certainly had no intention of making it public knowledge, and think it was a rash foolish thing for him to broadcast. And as for him announcing that publicly, you will have to ask him if it was an attempt to insult your intelligence.
I never called you a noob, or commented on your eyes either. Truth be told, I have never seen your eyes, nor have the desire. :P
Hopefully you will gain control of your spontaneous fear of bulls and soap. I wish you luck with that.
I also am not selling anything. I am not giving anything away either.

And I would like to apologize for invading what you have now made clear is YOUR corner. I was under the impression that this was a WMW site, and not a V44 site, and was not aware of your new claim of ownership. Please excuse my intrusion.

On a lighter note, I wonder how many other people have quickly typed V44 and tried to capitalize the 4's and ended up with V$$?
lmao how curiously funny.

[Again, I apologize to Mac for the need to answer all these pesterings, and would like to respect his wishes and keep this to a debate over open or closed source. (I have tried to only answer what is said and not bring up any new material to argue over) I would also like to ask others to observe the same, and get back to the topic.]   <---I suppose this no longer applies being a different thread by the sentiment is the same.

Be Good,
Scyre

*addition: This post was writting before the site was taken down yesterday, and was going to be in the now locked thread.
 I do not mind answering questions or clarifying any of the subjects if asked. However I would like all the character attacks to cease.
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Answers to questions asked of me
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 03:09:45 pm »
Ghost\QS is the one who was a big mouth

However I would like all the character attacks to cease

Does the term hypocrite spring to mind ?

Ok we have heard enough of this topic if you guys want a seperate debate then hold one, but I have made clear that the topic mentioned above is locked start a new topic or I,ll edit this one if its your wish but there will be no continuation of any insults or site disrupting methods being employed in the previous threads.

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 03:59:51 pm »
Ghost, that was not a character attack on you. I am not questioning anything about you in that statement. In the US we call someone a big mouth when they tell someone something that was not meant to be public knowledge. That is what happened.
I will say "Ghost spilled the beans" then if it is more to your liking.

The only reason I even bring your name into that is because Dragonrider claims I made a statement somewhere that I 'had a ready to go product' and I never made that claim.
In fact, I didn't even intend it to be public knowledge, but you decided that on your own, and I think it was a poor decision.

There are a lot of things still to be done before anything like that would be ready to replace KM's patch, anyway, and someone who has been around as long as Dragonrider loves to brag about should know that. I am not in the habit of doing something as a rush job and find out later there are issues. That is a bad model to work by.

In fact, before all the attacks, I would have come to you to have it run through it's paces and get some opinions. That would have been my final step in the validation that it would be suitable for use, whether I realeased it through your site or on another one.

I just want to clear up any further confusion, and if anyone is under the impression I have anything to release, or any kind of finished product at all, that is not the case. If (and that is a big if) I ever decide to release anything for public use, I will announce it publicly.

Until then, or until anyone else decides that something is ready for use, I believe that KM's patch, the one WMW has been supporting, is still the best solution.

I hope this helps to offer the reality of the situation to everyone, and maybe it can all clam down :)

Be Good,
Scyre

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 04:12:09 pm »
lmao@ clam

*Maybe it can all CALM down

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 04:15:54 pm »
Indeed, I agree until something of equivalent quality of the winmxgroup patch is released there is no reason to take any action.

I have always checked through KM,s work out of habit and thus far I have never seem anything malicious or system compromising, in theory patch updates can be hijacked at site level perhaps but even this is not undertaken in any of the patches and anything breaking the blocklist would be detected rather rapidly by the thousands of users complaining.

You'll also notice I was doing an intensive look through of KMs patch recently again when we started our own patch efforts, that's how I spotted the Nushi code fragments, so its not really fair to say we don't know whats going on internally we sure do, even down to having some of the routines in public domain.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 04:24:05 pm »
 One of the main reasons i came and joined Winmx world was it was every thing vladd44 wasn't,Free speach,no editing of post,no moveing and hideing of post,no pay for winmx ad's,no power trip's on the fourm.

I was a member of vladd's room and fourm at one time long ago and saw for myself that they were too many back room deals and character attacks done behind the backs of the evry users that are now still praseing vladd and his forum and pie team,(IF they only knew).IM sure ill hear where is the proof that this has gone on i do have acess to logs of chats in Private rooms given to me that i could give but there is no need they will allways be someone that says they are fake and really i dont need the added Bs to look on old hard drives and then to argue with the its true,no its not bs that would come from it.

As far as dragonrider goes ive never seen any thing he has done for winmx that any other person that clicks on the icon  to start the program hasnt done.Ive noticed that 95% of all his post on any forum are about how bad km is km ware is bad and up untill a few weeks ago that winmxworkd is nothing but lamers (i inserted lamers what he says is much worse) So dont let him get you mad that only waht he is trying to do.

What happened to vladd and his forum was of his own makeing the backstabbing of users,the letting his forum go to the point of if it wasnt what they wanted to  hear it was first made fun of , then attacked , then edited, then moved and hidden ,then a last im right your wrong post and locked so they got the last word ,and then the ban of the person opr person's posting. All this could have gone different. Ive seen some say vladed didnt make money off the scam p2p ad's ok if that true then why did he keep them when they were doing so much harm to him in the eyes of the winmx users? I would have droped the ad's if i wasnt makeing money off them any one with a half of a brain would have as well.and vladd didnt save winmx all he did was host the web site and run his mouth getting others to do the work.If anyone wants to argue that just show me one program he has wretten and ill back up and say im wrong untill then ill just say he ran his mouth.

Ive seen km over the years do so mush stuff on mx that if i could have got my hands on him id have ... well id have done some thing. But he did come up with his own work and kept winmx up and running and more than just that he blocked those trying to do us harm.The M.D. emails that have leaked state that the only way they were flooding winmx was threw the pie host file patch.I didnt say that they did,So for all the wrong km has done there is one big thing he did right.

Ghost and everyone thats a mod. on this forum needs mto step back and take a hard look at what is going on on this forum the last month or so.The banning of members for disagreeing with you , friends at each other, character attacks on members and frends from mods on a fourm? Where is the high road ive heard you talk about in that?
If the mods cant do any better than that dont get mad when the mear members do it as well. You need to ask is winmx doing that good , is it that strong that we can run the few members that have fought the fight to keep it open? If by doing nothing more than staying on mx they have helped fight for it,(Ok dragon rider ill guess you may have helped save winmx going by that way of thinking,(wish id not have typed that.)

Id like to see this forum and winmx still running for a few more years if for no other reason than to say we did it together. But what has been going on here on this forum with the argueing the last few weeks isnt going to keep it up. Lets just all get over what has happened in the past,what vladd did , what km did ,what any one did , its over its the past every one just forgive and try to forget and move foward in makeing a new patch and server program and if not work together at lest work on not hendering each other.If you want a open source patch work on it make it someone will use it ,if you want a closed source patch work on it some one will use it. But acting like school children calling each other names is going to do any thing but kill what hard work so many people have done. Ghost,Scyre its time to stop neather of you are right and neather of you are wrong,agree to disagree.Thank you Scyre for all youve done for winmx and its users weve needed your help. Ghost thank you for all your work on keeping winmx up and running weve needed your help as well.

Now that ive taken the time to buld up your egoes let it go and help us the users keep winmx up and running PLEASE!

(EDIT: I see that a fewe post have been made now im posting this any way i took too long to write it to just belet it)

Have A Nice Day :)
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 04:55:39 pm »
Chuck, I am glad you didn't delete that and went ahead and posted it.

You have a lot of really great points and I think many people will benefit from what you have said, including myself.

You have truly represented the spirit of winmx, and of why we are all still here.

Be Good,
Scyre

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 06:13:55 pm »
Thats the marvellous thing Chuck, one way or the other we have all kept winmx rolling, we have all done our bit to keep the spirit of winmx alive and only when thats been forgotten has fighting  broken out, perhaps speaking for myself I have become more than unhappy with certain things being done or not done but I wont pretend I dont feel strongly about the networks survival, the end price has never been an issue on the table, its always been met by all involved, and over the years there have been many involved in bringing us all where we are today.

I have stated many times in private that once the network is "secure", meaning we have a new patch and peer caches to keep things rolling I was wishing to step back and allow my place to be taken by a fresh set of hands, its never been my wish to monopolise anything and I have been lucky many use me as a contact point to obtain information on who is doing what and when, this has been an honourable unofficial job I do and has kept many of our developers from hitting a brick wall at some stages, I have in fact been devoting more time to this aspect than to the site, this then is why I was heavily disappointed recently, but all that said its not my intention to become the big bad wolf figure and hope I have in the most part lived up to many folks expectations.

This then is my personal future plan, ensure network is stabilised and running hydra fashion with many connection points and then I shall revert back to user status passing on my site responsibilities and workload to those I have earmarked as trustorthy and honest as well as interested in winmx enough to do so.
following that I intend to have fun and enjoy myself  as much as possible as I formerly did before becoming a semi public figure  :lol:  

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 06:56:19 pm »
just show me one program he has wretten and ill back up and say im wrong untill then ill just say he ran his mouth.

Never used a chat bot?

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 08:18:50 pm »
Why yes i have used Gemini's chat bot vladd once again only ram his mouth he didnt make it.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 09:46:27 pm »
Why yes i have used Gemini's chat bot vladd once again only ram his mouth he didnt make it.

It was very much a joint operation, as i consider both friends, my view is not sided either way, your welcome to taint it either way. As we have found out recently even the great KM needed some "help" from others to produce "his" work.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 10:20:35 pm »
Haveing a idea and makeing some thing is two different things. Ive had many ideas and so have so many others but lacked the knolage to do any thing with them.and when some one does i dont take credit for their work.

But some do.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Answers to questions asked of me

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx