gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 10:12:18 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MORE artists leaving labels and joining the online download trend...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MORE artists leaving labels and joining the online download trend...  (Read 900 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/09/nradiohead108.xml

Now Jamiroquai and Oasis, two major names that are not contracted to a record labels, are rumoured to be considering following Radiohead by offering work for free, according to industry sources.

and heres my favorite part;

.... Meanwhile rumours abound that Madness, a band with a loyal fanbase amongst 40-somethings, is considering giving away its next album for free. ...

well... im not a 40-something (..yet) but im definitly going to look into -this- release.... (anyone heard their song 'our house'?)

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Re: MORE artists leaving labels and joining the online download trend...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 06:40:40 pm »
Our House is the ONLY song I know by them, and I only know it because it was used in a commercial.

Nontheless, I wonder how long it will be before the RIAA steps in and tries to tell this growing number of groups that it is illegal for them to sell music on their own or just give away music without the RIAA's permission or ability to receive a percentage as if they own the rights to musical expression itself.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Micromecca

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 07:18:46 pm »
You'll probably find you know a few Madness tracks, maybe just not by name  :D

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 08:17:16 pm »
Didn't I read of a new ruling (ref to internet radio) a few months back that not musicians, nor god, allah, bush, you, me...  cannot transmit audio from our own mouths, no matter if its copyrighted songs or not, via a stream over the internet? Doing so automagically makes you property of the RIAA. If you transmit your own music and it gets shared, the RIAA decides how much $$$ is due to you (the singer). You as an 'artist' are also due money that the RIAA collects on your 'behalf'. But only if you can afford the huge fee to collect your own money.
Keeping in mind, this is Forced upon you by the law, irregardless if you wish to distrubute your own music for free. (I too wonder when the other shoe will drop)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MORE artists leaving labels and joining the online download trend...

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx