gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 01:05:42 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Not MX related but DEFINATELY needs a fix
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Not MX related but DEFINATELY needs a fix  (Read 1774 times)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Not MX related but DEFINATELY needs a fix
« on: November 02, 2007, 12:39:53 am »
This is not mx related but noone so far has seen this that I've asked

this is what the desktop currently looks like atm. The contents of C: .
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
Re: Not MX related but DEFINATELY needs a fix
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 12:42:15 am »
sorry to do this this way but only way I knew for sure

this is my actual C drive folder
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 01:17:39 am »
ok, this is my actuall Desktop folder. Obviously it is NOT showing on my desktop. sorry bout the ugly folders and poor shots but my dialup likely wouldn't let me go any bigger. Believe it or not I know where pretty much everything is this messy way, lol. Any of you guys got ideas I'm willing to check it out. I assume it's a registry thing that my registry is pointing my desktop to view C: folder. Where that setting is located and how to fix it I'm not sure.

Micromecca

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 02:37:19 am »
regedt32

HKEY CURRENT USER
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
Desktop  -  %USERPROFILE%\Desktop

:D

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 02:49:52 am »
problem soved and thnx a lot Micro you're a champ dude. Might add in case anyone else ever comes across that, that key was changed to show %SYSTEMDRIVE%. There are also keys that point exactly the same way to all of XP's main folders so if yours get bunked up like mine did or any of those main XP folders that's where you look and all of them point to %USERPROFILE%\ (whatever the actual folder should be named here). :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Not MX related but DEFINATELY needs a fix

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx