gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:20:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  vista and patch problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: vista and patch problem  (Read 12081 times)

vista and patch problem
« on: November 18, 2007, 01:38:06 pm »
hi thought id let u know various vista users including myself where it says patch online for xp users it doesnt for vista users

anyone know a fix

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: vista and patch problem
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 11:45:43 pm »
HI Defender

A suggestion is to look at the cookies in internet explorer. Can you please try that for me and let me know ow you get on.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 11:55:08 pm »
when u say cookies could i ask what changes need to be made or tried not trying to offend or anything

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 03:58:31 am »
Hay defender i was meaning delete the cookies...sorry about that.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 12:24:49 am »
nps ive tried n tested the deletion of them to no avail still doesnt give the patch online
also reinstalled mx and windows still nothing

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 11:39:37 pm »
hi found the root of the problem if you right click mx icon n run as administrator it gives you the patch online message

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 11:40:34 pm »
any other vista and mx probs anyone has ?? i dont mind testing and finding a fix

Offline rav1960

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 11:54:24 am »
well i would like to say that i have had no problems with winmx and vista and i dont need to run winmx as administrator but i do here it works for some users :)

Micromecca

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 12:48:21 pm »
small correction: Mrs. Toad was refering to the temporary internet files in Internet Explorer. clearing them can sometmes help resolve problems with the mainbar not loading.

When the mainbar does not show in vista it is usually down to the priveledges of the user account in use, this can be solved by either: Running winmx.exe as an account with the necessary access rights (Adminisrator) or disabling UAC (User Account Control).

Please remember the mainbar is NOT essential for winmx nor the patch to run properly  :D

swanz

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 09:34:45 am »
OK OK so u all hav vista probs but wat i wood like is solutions has any one any  ? :hrmm: :hrmm: :hrmm:

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 11:18:21 am »
There are solutions to various problems here swanz,

But for something not here you're going to need to give us more information about what problems you need answers too, then if we can help we'll do our best.

altarboy165

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 10:30:56 pm »
Hello.
I have Vista home premium and have downloaded the new winmx patch. I can open the program and it works fine. If i get out of winmx, and try to open it again, it just keeps falshing the yellow light.  I need to download the patch all over again, and then it will work...
Does anyone know the reason for this?  Thanks in advance for any help.
Renegade559

Offline altarboy165

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 01:48:55 pm »
Good morning everyone,
I have installed WinMx on my Toshiba laptop with Vista. It installs fine and searches as it's suppose to.
The problem is that when it downloads a song, it always places it in the library as "imcomplete" and then the name of the song/artist, with a very long string of numbers following.
It also will not give me the option of playing the song from the transfer box, as I have been able to in the past.
Any suggestions for a cure?
Thanks in advance...............................Altarboy165

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 04:40:25 pm »
hello altarboy

reply to your first post/question ...try downloading the installer first to be able to execute the install from the place you stored the download on your computer

the second post ... try making an incomming files folder somewhere you like on your machine and point winmx at that folder (during install or later in settings)

hope this helps if not try reading a little tghough the older posts in this section of the board .. goodluck ;-)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 07:06:42 pm »
The solution to this problem was posted here
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=7845.0.html

The defualt location for mx is \user\my documents\my music
on vista the location was renamed to \user\documents\music
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 12:42:39 am »
The issue with altarboy was double posted and resolved here: https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=8141.new#new

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 08:47:25 am »
i have no vista problems forested ...so i asume you just send the pm to the wrong user??¿¿¿¿  lol
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 05:19:46 pm »
It was to prevent a misunderstanding

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 03:04:23 pm »
Solution to Vista Problems with WinMX...

Install Windows 7
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 04:30:49 pm »
Well that would mean people bump into the exact same problems Bluey ... btw the last post in this topic is what.... almost 2 years ago????  :o

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  vista and patch problem

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx