gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 10:21:10 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  New dll patch not working
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New dll patch not working  (Read 3431 times)

wavoka

New dll patch not working
« on: October 09, 2005, 02:16:33 am »
New .dll patch is not working. As with the old patch, WinMx runs for a short time then crashes.

Then when I tried to reload it, as soon as the indicator went green - it shut down completely. When it's running I see a sudden spike in CPU useage before it crashesd.

Using XP pro on cable connection.

Last restart of WinMx has been blinking yellow for around ten minutes.

Is someone hacking the patch? Also, Peer caches 7 and 8 are down. I'm going top reboot the system and see what happens.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 02:31:09 am »
Just rebooted my computer. Loaded WinMx using new .dll patch again. Still blinking yellow. Caches 7 and 8 still offline.

I hope this information helps.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 02:36:26 am »
Hi wavoka,

This am we moved our site onto another server, at this time I am unsure if that i the reason for your problems or now We have

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/winmxworld_hosts.zip

The problem your experiencing should be resolved shorty however, above is a hosts file that uses all available caches if you need to get on within the next few hours..

Sorry for the troubles..

Install this into your C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc  folder and remane your original Hosts file to 'Old Hosts'.. then run the DNS flush

Start > Run  type   'cmd'
Then in the dos box type  'ipconfig /flushdns'  then hit enter.

Once this is done you will need to move the .Dll patch into a folder for safe keeping...

Things should be back to normal by morning and again I apologize for any troubles  ..  :)

Also Cache 7 and 8 are the PIE patch caches, they arent responsible for your WinMX to not operate, and if you use the Hosts file from above you shouldnt have any problems getting connected even with those offline.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 04:12:24 am »
Thank you for the information. I was hoping that was the reason.

I hope y'all can get this thing dialed in and steady.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 04:21:16 am »
LOL.. your not the only one, the site move is for the best as you may have noticed lately our poor little server wonders whats going on with all the traffic..

over 12,000 hits in one hour earlier tonite..

No fear KM is the best programmer in the english speaking world as far as WinMx goes..

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 04:35:19 pm »
So should we just use the host patch now instead of the dll one? I was using the dll one for a while. Then I switched to that other yesterday...big fucking mistake. Winmx crashes repeatedly, won't connect at all. I have reinstalled it all over and tried, but it has to be the dll patch that is fucking doing this.

IF IT ISN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT

The other patch was working fine for me, not a single problem.

Also, I am using 3.54 Beta 4 if that means anything. Until anyone can fix it I am going back to the host file. This shit is getting annoying.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 05:29:12 pm »
james, you shouldn't run both patches - if you installed the pie patch either uninstall it again to use the dll - or remove the dll from your winmx folder to keep using pie patch.
One of them should work :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

wavoka

dll patch still not working.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 05:49:31 pm »
"This am we moved our site onto another server, at this time I am unsure if that i the reason for your problems or not".

Still flashing yelow with dll patch.

I'de prefer to use the .dll patch if you guys can get up and running again. PiePatch would only connect secondary.

KM

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 08:05:35 pm »
use whatever works :-)

i just did a little checking out based on the reports i have just read here, it looks at first glance that it could be 3.53, as i am getting the same dll file work on 3.54b4, but crash 3.53 - i'll need to look in to this a little closer of course, but unfortunately today is a bad day for something like this to come up, i just got back from a party... and now i'm off to work

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 08:44:45 pm »
i just did a little checking out based on the reports i have just read here, it looks at first glance that it could be 3.53, as i am getting the same dll file work on 3.54b4, but crash 3.53 - i'll need to look in to this a little closer of course, but unfortunately today is a bad day for something like this to come up, i just got back from a party... and now i'm off to work
=================================
Everyone needs to unwind sometime. It'll give you fresh eyes when you come back to it. Here's hoping you get it dialed in soon.

wavoka

Got it. Then I don't
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 09:02:13 pm »
Back working foir about 2 mimutes on version 3.53. Then it crashed.

Next attempt, it flashed yellow then shut down as soon as it turned green. I'm going to reboot my computer. That's worked before.

wavoka

Still crashing
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 09:11:35 pm »
Rebooted computer.  As soon as the blinker turns green, WinMx crashes.

Tried PiePatch. It only works in secondary.

I uninstalledand reinstalled Win Mx. Same thing happened.

looney tunes666

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 09:15:22 pm »
Me and at least most of my admins are crashing like crazy with the new patch.  i am still abale to host with wcs thank god but still am not connecting with winmx.  We have tried numerous things to get back to admistrating our room please any response or new fixes out there would be appreciated ty.

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 10:50:35 pm »
The new dll isn't working for me either (XP) - it keeps crashing every 2 minutes. The host list "me here" just gave doesn't even let me connect to mx. Vladd's PiePatch works wonderfully (even tho it may not be updated) and I connect instantly and stay connected. I wish I had hung onto the old dll since it NEVER gave me any problems. Why they had to make a "new and improved" version is beyond me.
To err is human, to forgive this computer... sooooo not me.

EmpressofozTn

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 11:48:47 pm »
I had the same problem after I downloaded the patch and got on one time, then I got disconnected and no matter what I did noting worked.  Finally I decided to download the whole program. I went to archives, found my version, downloaded it again and the patch worked. I don't know why because this is al rocket science to me, but it worked so for today I seem to be smart as hell

Empress

wavoka

Some Success at last!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 12:26:09 am »
I let it rest a while. I got WinMx to run for an hour from 5:25 PM Central to 6:25 PM. It crashed. I was cooking dinner so I let it sit until 6:45 PM it came back up and is still running at 7:22 PM.

When it goes, I see a CPU usage spike that holds at 100%. When it crashes I sometimes have the program hanging around instead of closing, but nothing's happening in it. So I use Task Manager to close it. Then I still have the WinMx icon in the task bar at the bottom of my screen. It goes away when I put my mouse cursor over it.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 04:15:17 am »
ok Noted.. and ty

wavoka

Trying new dll patch
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 06:57:23 pm »
Okay, we'll see. When I tried it it connected, when I clicked on transfers it crashed. So I tried it again and it's working.

I'll let y'all know one way or another.

Thank you all for your good work.

Thank you again.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2005, 07:16:03 pm »
empress, can you connect again if you copy in the dll again after rebooting?
xp has the annoying habit of "protecting"" it's files, i.e. replacing with their original from the dll cache...
If that works (copying in again) you should find the folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache and replace the ws2_32.dll in there and then it should be permanent :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

KM

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2005, 07:31:48 pm »
whatever you do NOT replace the original winsock with this shim, as it is not winsock, it is simple a wrapper that forwards on to the original, so you will completely kill all TCP/IP on your system if you replace the original.

ONLY place this file in your winmx directory, do not place this in any system directories.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  New dll patch not working

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx