gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 10, 2024, 10:20:28 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  winmx crashing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winmx crashing  (Read 3400 times)

excalibur

winmx crashing
« on: October 09, 2005, 05:17:17 pm »
I'm suddenly having a major problem with Winmx crashing shortly after I have entered the site. I have downloaded the new patch and followed all the instructions to make it work properly but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening now and what I need to do to sort it out?

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
winmx crashing
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 05:22:04 pm »
excalibur, we need some more information to be able to help you.
What OS are you running? (win98, Me, xp?)
What winmx version? (3.31, 3.53, 3.54?)
Which patch are you using? (the one from this site or the pie patch?)
What exactly is happening? Does it crash or just not connect? Do you get an error message?
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

excalibur

winmx crashing
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 06:06:41 pm »
I'm using winXP
Winmx3.53 is my version
I downloaded the patch from here - winmxworld

It is connecting ok but when i go to the transfer window or search window a message appears saying that winmx has encountered a problem and needs to close and the whole program freezes and then shuts down!

Any help would be appreciated as I'm really stumped on this one.

norbrew309

Winmx Crashing
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 06:19:48 pm »
Same thing happens here using Win XPSP-2, Msg says "patch operational" but it crashes within a minute of connecting

blackjack

winmx crashing
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 06:48:30 pm »
my winmx crashes i connect for a couple of minutes then i lose all primary connections then i have to use the task manager to close internet connection as it freezes, then when i restart winmx same thing happens again i do not get any error messages. have patched winmx.

XP
SP 2
WINMX PATCH Ws2_32.dll
DSL INTERNET CONNECTION

please help as i am lost without winmx.

AgentBloodRayne13

winmx crashing
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 07:51:04 pm »
I get a Runtime Error after a minute or so and it shut down the program. And the thing says the patch is working so. I dunno. Its screwed.

Windows XP Service Pack 2
Win MX v3.53

AgentBloodRayne13

winmx crashing
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 07:52:06 pm »
oh and I use a DSL connection

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
winmx crashing
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 02:04:40 pm »
Does either of you by any chance have the olepro.dll patch for winmx 3.53?
Look for a file with that name in your winmx folder, if it's there - delete it as the two dll's are not compatible it seems.
Also there might be an issue with winmx 3.53 on xp, could any of you try 3.54beta4 maybe? That version should be available in the archive here.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline psycobunny

• Forum Member
winmx crashing
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 05:39:53 pm »
Hi ..Ive been having exactly the same problem....encountering a problem then being frozen....then ...when im asked to send an error report if i do i get redirected to a website that doesnt seem to be running!!
Its all getting very confusing! I have Xp...have installed the patches...all of them at on time or another....have not got old pro in my dll and have the beta!!!!! Anyone got any new ideas id be very grateful!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
winmx crashing
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 05:49:13 pm »
Yes the good news is there is a new version for you to test out, grab it from the usual site :)

https://www.winmxgroup.com/

The older version are there too, please drop by with feedback as KM relies on users for his test reports, so even if your working fine its worth posting a small note to that eeffect and your setup.

Thanks folks  :)

excalibur

winmx crashing
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 07:58:45 pm »
I've looked for the olepro.dll patch in my winmx folder but didn't find it so it can't be that that is causing me grief.
I've not tried 3.54beta4 yet as I'm not sure what I need to do with the download. Excuse my stupidity but I'm not really that good with computers so any help would be really appreciated. Thanks for helping me so far.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
winmx crashing
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 10:04:39 pm »
excalibur,
HI, needing to be a computer expert is what we try to avoid in help here.. no worries your doing great in light of all the things going on.. :wink:

on that note:
I do feel it might be beneficial to you to install the new 3.54 beta 4 as its the most stable release we have.

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WinMX/Beta/winmx354beta4.zip

Get it from there, all you have to do to install this version is replace the:

C:\Program Files\WinMX\WinMX.exe with the one inside this zip file.

Then restart your WinMX with your ws2_32.dll in place..

Let me know if you have any other questions ..

EXCALIBUR

winmx crashing
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 08:49:06 pm »
Thanks for the guidance and info ME HERE. I haven't had time to do as you have suggested so far and this is only a flying visit but I will let you know how I get on once I've followed your advice. Once again, thank you for your help!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
winmx crashing
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 09:11:53 pm »
kk .. is no problem.. just let me know how your doing ..

:wink:

blackjack

winmx crashing
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 10:59:20 pm »
downloaded winmx 3.54 beta 4 and everything seems fine now.

thanks guys for your help.

keep up the good work.

EXCALIBUR

winmx crashing
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 08:03:59 pm »
This is most odd! I tried to download Version 3.54 beta 4 into my program files but when I tried to open the zipped folder I got the message that the file was corrupted or invalid so I deleted it and thought I would try to run V3.53 one more time to see how it went and lo and behold it is running fine at the moment so I don't really have a clue as to what is or was the problem and why I couldn't download V3.54 beta 4! All I know is that I am even more confused as to what is happening and would be grateful for more clues if anyone can help me again!

excalibur

winmx crashing
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 09:27:11 pm »
Just a quick post to say that I seem to have ironed out whatever problems I was having and Winmx is running like a dream again! Don't ask me how I managed it but I'm glad I did and I didn't even have to make use of Version 3.54 beta4! I'm still using v3.53 and it hasn't played up at all for the past 4 days! Thanks again for the suggestions and advice offered here. Nice to know there is a place to come for help when it is needed. Cheers people!!!!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  winmx crashing

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx